Portal Test

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » June 20th, 2007, 11:35 pm

jimbojetuk wrote: (which have glass on so you cant cheat :P)
Or just have a player clip that allows weopens/nade through.

You could intigrate it into a gametype so it works similarly to the spawn beacons in BF. But so that it adds more dynamic/strategic play to TDM.

Can you actually telefrag other people? I know you mentioned not being able to telefrag, but that was only for objects.
Because if this was ever used in a killing gametype, people may use the invincibilty glitch. But i've never played it with anyone else so I dunno what would happen.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
"Seriously... .45k/sec it is a joke.. I could have just gone out and taken my own photos of children in this time."
"You have just become my fave youtuber!" - KillerSam in regards to myself. Win.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 20th, 2007, 11:58 pm

Neon wrote:
jimbojetuk wrote: (which have glass on so you cant cheat :P)
Or just have a player clip that allows weopens/nade through.

You could intigrate it into a gametype so it works similarly to the spawn beacons in BF. But so that it adds more dynamic/strategic play to TDM.

Can you actually telefrag other people? I know you mentioned not being able to telefrag, but that was only for objects.
Because if this was ever used in a killing gametype, people may use the invincibilty glitch. But i've never played it with anyone else so I dunno what would happen.
Yes, it is possible to telefrag with another player, but you will bounce away from each other. The telefragging I am on about is player stuck in wall.

And the way it is made, only 1 type of portal is allowed per level (this is why atm, it can only be used on 1 person maps).
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » June 21st, 2007, 6:22 pm

firstly can i ask permission to use this for a test nading map using the scripty thing? Annd secondly how would i use the portal thing? because (if i have permission) i would like to crea a series of challenges that need nades to get through the sections like having to throw over a wall onto a platform etc or bouncing them off walls to get round a corner lol. PM me if I have permission with the details of how to use please :P

jimbojetuk
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 22nd, 2007, 3:56 pm

jimbojetuk wrote:firstly can i ask permission to use this for a test nading map using the scripty thing? Annd secondly how would i use the portal thing? because (if i have permission) i would like to crea a series of challenges that need nades to get through the sections like having to throw over a wall onto a platform etc or bouncing them off walls to get round a corner lol. PM me if I have permission with the details of how to use please :P

jimbojetuk
Firstly. Permission is granted.

Secondly, the map MUST be a map created for 1 player only, otherwise problem may occur.

And finally..

To use the portal, you must include all the code in the GSC provided and you must also create the portals in the map using script_brushmodels (open the map file provided to see the values of the 2 portals).

That is all that is needed.

If you run into any problem, reply back.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » June 22nd, 2007, 4:51 pm

ok , drof, thanks a lot for permission :P. Well i'l have a try and a mess about placing random things around and il report back with some info later :P thanks!
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'