xmodel help

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

xmodel help

Post by 360. » December 24th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Hey again guys, i was looking at that tutorial on modsonline about the evevator in MP (http://www.modsonline.com/Tutorials-read-169.html)
and I got stuck on the part where it says

"Now we will add the button. Right click in the 2d window and click misc then model. Close the browser window and in the entity editor enter the key model and the value xmodel/switch1. (I accidentally created mine as a script_model - but it will work either way). Move the button into position"

But when I type in xmodel/switch1 it just comes up with a big red square, i think that's indicating that it can't FIND the xmodel/switch1

Any help will be very greatful :(

Please..

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » December 24th, 2006, 3:27 pm

Don't use that tutorial it is really really bad. Use the tutorial I made right here
If you have any more problems just ask.
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by 360. » December 24th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Yeah i tried yours nightmare but it didn't work =/ and it's a bit more complex than the other one... can you make me a tutorials specifically on evevators? *does doggy eyes* pleeease

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » December 24th, 2006, 7:29 pm

the platform tut can be used exactly for an elevator, just make an elevator and select all of it, make it a script brush model and use my script.
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

All-Killer
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by All-Killer » December 24th, 2006, 10:08 pm

Oke really easy

1. Follow the tutorial for a triggered platform.
2. Now change this line platform moveY (208,2,0.5,0.5); to platform moveZ (208,2,0.5,0.5); ( the 208 stands for 208 units up, change what you want) and platform moveY (-208,2,0.5,0.5); to platform moveZ (-208,2,0.5,0.5); (now it moves 208 units down)

Its so simple, good luck