Problem with map loading (Only on CJBeta)

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

_DanTheMan_
PC Team
PC Team

Re: Problem with map loading (Only on CJBeta)

Post by _DanTheMan_ » April 16th, 2010, 11:36 pm

I'm guessing Tech just forgot to try this or couldn't find a way, but the mod works online with modwarfare, but not CJ mods, and offline with anything.
Last edited by _DanTheMan_ on April 17th, 2010, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TechPB
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by TechPB » April 16th, 2010, 11:55 pm

yeah, it works on my machine too

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 17th, 2010, 12:24 am

So, this work OFFLINE with the CJ mod, but not online?

I couldn't help but notice the server config you provided had zero CJ dvars?

(was that a no on the local testing front?)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

_DanTheMan_
PC Team
PC Team

Post by _DanTheMan_ » April 17th, 2010, 12:45 am

Drofder2004 wrote:So, this work OFFLINE with the CJ mod, but not online?
Yes.
Drofder2004 wrote:I couldn't help but notice the server config you provided had zero CJ dvars?
Well, I also tested it on someone's CJ server, and it didn't work.
Drofder2004 wrote:(was that a no on the local testing front?)
It's not a no; if there is nothing else that you could get from this then you can test it out yourself.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 17th, 2010, 1:00 am

Drofer we tested this map on many servers with many different configs and we can say for sure, that this is not config related, I can't help to notice that you keep on saying it is server config related issue when it's not. This works with any mod, offline, but online with any config, it just doesn't. Strange thing was, that it worked with modwarfare mod online, only with that particular mod, with any other mod, codjumper, stack bot, even a zombie mod, it didn't.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 17th, 2010, 1:48 am

Lancast wrote:Drofer we tested this map on many servers with many different configs and we can say for sure, that this is not config related, I can't help to notice that you keep on saying it is server config related issue when it's not. This works with any mod, offline, but online with any config, it just doesn't. Strange thing was, that it worked with modwarfare mod online, only with that particular mod, with any other mod, codjumper, stack bot, even a zombie mod, it didn't.
Firstly, I have been given 3 points of information.
- Works Offline / Broken Online (Server issue)
- VA() Overun (String issue, config/mod)
- CJBeta (Mod related issue)

I have not exactly got an extensive amount of detail to work with, so please do not suggest I am somehow avoiding this being a mod issue, this is a NEW ERROR the NO OTHER MAP has seen.

Secondly, can you confirm the 'bold' text in the quote as being:
- Working online with ModWarfare
- Broken with ALL other mods

If that is correct as I am reading, then we are obviously at a bigger problem than what is first made out. If this map does not work with ANY mod (except the one), then I suggest we stock looking at the mods and the servers, but start looking into the map itself.

---
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 17th, 2010, 10:49 am

I know, I know, I apologies my rudeness but at least that way you'll stop bitching about this being a server config issue :X

As far as dan told me, he removed all of the scripts from the map and it still kept crashing, so we're literally out of ideas, no clue what the problem is.

_DanTheMan_
PC Team
PC Team

Post by _DanTheMan_ » April 17th, 2010, 3:04 pm

Lancast wrote:so we're literally out of ideas
No, it could be many other things in the .map file itself or something in the .csv, or something that I'm not even aware about... it would take a while to take apart my map piece by piece though since it has so many entities + the fact it takes like 30 minutes for you guys to DL the new map and put it on the server, and even then I don't think that would give me a solution. Instead I'm telling the errors that I know to anyone who will respond to this thread with an idea of what might be causing the problem (which has only been Drofder).

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 17th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Lancast wrote:...but at least that way you'll stop bitching about this being a server config issue...
Stay out of this thread.

===========

Can you PLEASE confirm the following, as we can rule out a LOT of possibilities with this answer?
Does the map load in ANY mod excluding ModWarfare?

If no mod will load this map, except ModWarfare there are two possible routes:
- Observe the difference between ModWare fare and other mods (creating a dummy mod to catch an error)
- Observing the .map file to find a problem.

Answer the above and I will then think of ideas.

_DanTheMan_
PC Team
PC Team

Post by _DanTheMan_ » April 17th, 2010, 10:44 pm

Fuzzmunch wrote:hey dan, I tried 2 other mods _aliens_ and ace20 and it worked with them
It did however not work with a zombie mod and multiple save position mods.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 17th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Ok, if you are still willing please upload the map in its fully compiled form with any extra files that you would be supplying on release. Send me a link in a PM if you don't wish for anybdoy to download the map.

I am in major need of extra sleep, so I will take a look first thing in the morning.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 18th, 2010, 10:54 am

I created a small dedi server running on localhost and did not have any problems loading the map in the unreleased cj mod (which essentially is the same code and more).

Would you be ok with me putting this up on a public server (passworded) and seeing if it runs there?

_DanTheMan_
PC Team
PC Team

Post by _DanTheMan_ » April 18th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Sure.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 18th, 2010, 7:47 pm

Tested on the CJ server.
Promod = Server Disconnected
CoDJumperV3[not released] - No problems

So, if the map is not 100% finished, I can look at speeding up the release of V3.

---

But in regards to the problem, I am no closer to understanding it. First guesses would be dvar or strings in the mod, but the newer mod has more strings and more dvars than before, so that rules that out.
Your map has many new FX, many scripted features, sounds and many new models. So, there may be a small overload in some mods...

When the server 'crashes', it doesn't actually crash, the server stays alive, but changes to the default map (backlot) after kicking the clients. No errors seem to appear in either logs.