Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Striker
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

iTs [Jump ServeR]

Post by Striker » May 29th, 2005, 10:00 am

hey guys,

ive just got a brand new jumper server up for public use.

it is 10 slot UK based.

Ive got this server the main reason being that most of the jump servers ive been able to even see on the server list are normally down. A good server is Ravens-jump server. But of course that is like 90% of the time down. which is a shame. So ive gotten pretty much all the specs of that server, i.e the save and load mod, ALL the jump maps on the server. (im currently uploading them all now. about 10 more to upload.)

The server will be up almost 100% of the time. I will allow voting some public members can easily use the server also.

The IP to the server is 195.62.10.38:28965.

Im currently debating whether to 'donate' the server to CodJumper.com. However it all seems to be a very 1 sided deal. :(

Anyways i hope to see you guys there hopefully soon. Make sure u save it 2 ur favourites ;)

thanks,

iTs||Admin. Striker

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 29th, 2005, 12:42 pm

When you "donate" the server to Codjumper, you are not handing over the rights to it.

Most servers just give CJ members rcon access (some go as far as FTP I believe).
It would e nice to call it CoDJumper, and then you can have it put on the main page of codjumper.com :D

The only reason it seems 1 sided is that codjumper will not pay for the server (would you, if you were recieving generous peoples servers to use?)

Remember, by the server becoming part of CoDJumper servers, it is still all your server and consider CJ members your team of admins :P
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 30th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Well put drofder :)

By 'donating' your server, it gets put on the main page of the codjumper site for more than 1000 people to see everyday, which would get quite a bit of traffic to your server. With that traffic, you could advertise a site on your server if you had one, and maybe get even more hits (or have another site address in your hostname).

As drofder said, you would still have full power over your computer, the only difference would be that you would have a small team of admins to make sure people aren't misbehaving on the server or anything (which is surely a good thing for everyone, including you).

Anyway, I'll add your server to my favourites, and if you do decide to donate your server then let me know at pedsdude@codjumper.com ;)

Noodle
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Noodle » May 30th, 2005, 3:09 pm

Ive been playing on this server a bit, its good :D

Striker
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Striker » May 30th, 2005, 3:56 pm

wow u dont know good that feels for staff to say its gd :)

atm im away and i dont have cod intill friday when i get home.

ill contact u now pedsdude (omg, i love ir maps, ur actually talking on a thread i made :O wow lol)about donating.

i think i will. :) i will see how it goes for this month then. if it gets busy ill keep the server going. ut im alrdy paying for a 20 slot server with ts and debranding. So i need this server 2 be successful by about the 20th of next month. if it is ill keep it going :)

and suggestions please post them here.

thanks noodle :)

p.s pedsdude u will probably know a prog that i need. i use rcon4cod atm for an external managemt of the server. But i dont know how to use the automated messages. If any1 here knows how to use it OR knows another prog that this can be done please pmm email or just reply here.

email is its.striker@gmail.com

for info's sake my website is http://www.its-clan.net its still updating though i think. moved to a new server. we are atm a sd clan. but if enough people if any1 showed in enough interest in joining iTs as part of the jump team then id think about making an official team.

anyways expect an email very soon peds.

peace out

p.s im wondering do donaters get anything special on this website? like i duno a tag saying CJ donator or something? it would put the icing on the cake.

i wont be on xfire or msn much intill friday. but add me anyways.

xfire - itsstriker
msn - diddy32_120@hotmail.com

thanks

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 30th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Striker wrote:p.s pedsdude u will probably know a prog that i need. i use rcon4cod atm for an external managemt of the server. But i dont know how to use the automated messages. If any1 here knows how to use it OR knows another prog that this can be done please pmm email or just reply here.
Rudedogs Message Centre.. :)

http://www.fpsadmin.com/download/index.php?dlid=287
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 30th, 2005, 4:57 pm

Striker wrote:p.s im wondering do donaters get anything special on this website? like i duno a tag saying CJ donator or something? it would put the icing on the cake.
If you make an 88x31 image, i'm sure Peds will consider putting your website in the links section (Like peds said, he gets 1000 hits on this site a day)

Also, Raven (another guy who has donated his server) has got a message in his Sig (Owner of CJ Server #5 or something).

Striker
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Striker » May 30th, 2005, 6:39 pm

hmm ok thx for your help.

i can easily make a good little banner thingy if peds likes me to. but it will look pretty crap next to the flash banners. :( lol so if peds says im allowed ill start looking for any1 who has the skillz for it. :) if any1 is intersted please say. it would only be very simple flash. anyways up 2 u peds.

and ye i think ill put sumfin like that in my siggy once its all sorted :)

Koekie

Post by Koekie » May 30th, 2005, 8:43 pm

it's not flash m8,
it's an animated gif file ;)

no need for any animation tbh, just make it sweet :p

Striker
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Striker » May 30th, 2005, 9:09 pm

ah cool ok :)

iTs may also be getting sponsored if the server is succesfull by the people i rent from. :twisted:

which if happens the slot will be doubled at least which would make the server even more better ^^

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 31st, 2005, 12:08 pm

Yep, as Koekie says it doesn't need to be animated - after all even the CoDJumper one isn't animated! Just make an 88x31 image and I'll happily put it in the list on the left of the site for you ;)

Thank you for your comment on my maps, they are greatly appreciated :D Got more to come once my exams are over... I'm actually working on a total of 3 (although I've only properly worked on one, which is a joint on by me and Plazma).

Striker
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Striker » May 31st, 2005, 5:58 pm

ok thx alot guys.

just to say the server seems to be fully functional now. fingers crossed. so get playing :P

thx peds for helping me with FTP seems im away. ;)

Raven
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Raven » May 31st, 2005, 6:36 pm

A new server, nice! :D

OffT:

Peds, why havnt i got the CJ Donator status? :?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 31st, 2005, 6:38 pm

Raven wrote:A new server, nice! :D

OffT:

Peds, why havnt i got the CJ Donator status? :?
I demand Raven be given CJ Donator Status immeadiatly :evil:

Raven is the first true donator imo :)

Striker
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Striker » May 31st, 2005, 8:03 pm

ah it was becuz i asked for it on msn. he simply changed my rank. he will do it for u when he reads this post.

also raven why is your server down alot atm? its a shame really :(