Post jump map glitches here!

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

jUmp-
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post jump map glitches here!

Post by jUmp- » August 21st, 2007, 10:00 pm

OK, I suggest a new sticky, so other users, jumpers, players etc. can report jump map glitches or tricks, that they're forbidden / not allowed. Can authors fix the tricks, so jumpers can't "trick out" a map and finish unfairly?

Ruins Of Death

There is a spot marked red and you can jump on the spot and easily walk on that spot. You can jump to that "stairs pyramide".

CodJumper - For all my CoD Jumping needs.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » August 21st, 2007, 11:03 pm

actually fixing the sections of the map is far too much work. It would involve recompiling, reuploading, and making sure everyone deletes the old version and downloads the new version. I don't know how compatibility issues work in cod2, but i know in cod1 they're a nightmare.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Creep
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Creep » August 22nd, 2007, 6:53 am

Yes, I know about that bug, but there is 2 versions easy,hard, about 45mins the convert for 1. And everybody have this version, so it's impossible to tell everyone to delete the old, and download the new...

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » August 22nd, 2007, 10:18 am

Even though i like the plan of removing shortcuts. As stated before, it would be far too much work.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

citricsquid
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by citricsquid » September 3rd, 2007, 8:52 pm

In jm-falls you can get stuck in rocks and on JM-amatuer you can skip straight to the part with lots of gaps, the 195 - 220 jumps.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 4th, 2007, 12:09 am

Fixes can be made if people post up test versions of their maps on these forums. Once they're added to the website, typically they're not updated, otherwise people have conflicting versions when joining servers. Plus, sometimes it's fun to find an exploit in a map :)