Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Lisa
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Ratings on jump maps

Post by Lisa » June 29th, 2006, 12:18 am

Just curious....

Someone tell me how it is that a map thats been released only a day or so can get rated so quickly compared to one thats been out for months?
~Materazzi~

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » June 29th, 2006, 12:47 am

Well i've noticed that with Nightmares 2 latest maps and i'm not sure why they were rated so quick tbh. Only that perhaps destiny/peds played those particular maps before uploading and were able to decide on the rating quicker.

But there may be a rating system for maps in future :wink:

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 29th, 2006, 1:05 am

Peds/Destiny has full control of rating atm... so, one of them must of played and enjoyed :)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

De$t!ny

Post by De$t!ny » June 29th, 2006, 2:42 pm

its just me uploading and rating maps atm. i always test out maps before i upload them and the ones i feel to be 5 star rating i rate straight away, otherwise other maps i usually have to play a map a few more times before i decide. but theres a more important reason which is as luke says, im planning to edit the maps page so everyone can rate a map and there will be half stars too in the new system since i feel 5 full stars isn't enough. for example with killersams jm_gap i feel it deserves 4.5 stars but can't rate it as that. i dont want to give too much away now incase you all get disappointed if it doesn't happen for whatever reason, but ive been planning a fairly big change to the site for a while now. well im off to get started working on it again now :wink:

Lisa
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lisa » June 29th, 2006, 3:17 pm

De$t!ny wrote:its just me uploading and rating maps atm. i always test out maps before i upload them and the ones i feel to be 5 star rating i rate straight away, otherwise other maps i usually have to play a map a few more times before i decide. but theres a more important reason which is as luke says, im planning to edit the maps page so everyone can rate a map and there will be half stars too in the new system since i feel 5 full stars isn't enough. for example with killersams jm_gap i feel it deserves 4.5 stars but can't rate it as that. i dont want to give too much away now incase you all get disappointed if it doesn't happen for whatever reason, but ive been planning a fairly big change to the site for a while now. well im off to get started working on it again now :wink:
Thanks for the replies.

I think your idea for the new rating system is key De$t!ny. Not that your opinion of the maps isn't important, just that when you get a collection of opinions, you get a true opinion on it and I like your idea to be able to rate in half stars. As a mapper, if I see one map that everyone raves over, I will try to figure out what it is that makes that map so good and try to do the same in the maps I am creating even tho my mapping skills are new and limited (my fps sucks). :P

I'm hoping you are able to make that change to the website De$t!ny:)
~Materazzi~

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 29th, 2006, 6:20 pm

Lisa wrote:I think your idea for the new rating system is key De$t!ny
It was my idea! :) Destiny has the knowledge to put it all together though (well, we hope! hehe).

De$t!ny

Post by De$t!ny » June 29th, 2006, 6:44 pm

was it ur idea, i don't remember u saying it b 4 :p

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » June 30th, 2006, 9:58 am

hehe thanks for the great ratings guys, I hope to see this rating system out soon :)
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 2nd, 2006, 12:25 pm

De$t!ny wrote:was it ur idea, i don't remember u saying it b 4 :p
When we were having an msn convo I suggested it, then Grom said "Great idea peds" :P