Area reopened!

View the latest community videos here! Details to get your video uploaded inside.

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Area reopened!

Post by Pedsdude » February 5th, 2013, 10:26 pm

Right guys, we've had a discussion within the CJ Team regarding YouTube video uploads, and have come up with a revised set of rules for submissions.

The main update update is regarding the use of music in videos. Videos must now contain non-copyrighted / royalty-free music (as per the channels in the sticky topic).

I'm afraid that all outstanding submissions are no longer valid as a result of this update.

http://codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=15186

Hardcore
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: Area reopened!

Post by Hardcore » February 5th, 2013, 11:01 pm

I dont get it, so now if we want to submit a video on the Cj channel, we have to take a music FROM those channels you gave us?

:/
. Image

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 6th, 2013, 1:23 am

The music must be Royalty Free (no copyright), that is the main rule.
If you find a new source of Royalty Free music, then feel free to send us a link and if it can be used, it will be added to the list.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Josh246810
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
PSN ID: josh246810

Post by Josh246810 » February 6th, 2013, 10:45 pm

This will probably stop at least %50 of the uploads on this channel, including mine as I like to use whatever music I want and dont feel like waiting over a month to get a reply on my request.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 6th, 2013, 11:06 pm

We had to take this drastic measure because we're at 2 strikes now... It's either this, or nothing at all. We knew we'd get less movies this way, but it's better than none at all.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 6th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Josh246810 wrote:This will probably stop at least %50 of the uploads on this channel, including mine as I like to use whatever music I want and dont feel like waiting over a month to get a reply on my request.
The service we provide is free and mutually beneficial. It is your choice what you wish to do, but we risk having our channel shut down and we attempted to avoid this, but sadly it was this option or shut down this entire project.

Your 50% rate is under-estimated, I personally expect to lose nearer the 80% mark. 20% however is more than 0%.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 9th, 2013, 2:38 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:We had to take this drastic measure because we're at 2 strikes now... It's either this, or nothing at all. We knew we'd get less movies this way, but it's better than none at all.
We're actually only on 1 strike now, the first one went away after a period. But still, getting any strikes is something we want to actively avoid.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » February 9th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Let me just reiterate that The Unguided are massive cunts.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 10th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Rezil wrote:Let me just reiterate that The Unguided are massive cunts.
It's a bit unfair to call them cunts... Although one of them specifically, certainly is.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » February 11th, 2013, 1:45 am

Drofder2004 wrote:It's a bit unfair to call them cunts... Although one of them specifically, certainly is.
It's just as unreasonable an opinion as was their decision to issue a strike to our channel.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Hardcore
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Hardcore » February 11th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Is there a way to check if we can use the song without trouble?

I mean, I heard the second strike you got was from a video where the song was free if I'm not wrong, so...
. Image

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 11th, 2013, 9:36 pm

Hardcore wrote:Is there a way to check if we can use the song without trouble?
Not that I am aware of. Your best bet is going through the channels listed in the topic and seeing if any songs catch your eye. As Drofder said, if you find a different source of royalty-free music, send us the details and we'll take a look and potentially add it to the list.
Hardcore wrote:I mean, I heard the second strike you got was from a video where the song was free if I'm not wrong, so...
You heard incorrectly!

Hardcore
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Hardcore » February 11th, 2013, 11:36 pm

Alright my bad then!
. Image

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by fre4kZ » February 16th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Just a little tip for codjumper staff and movie makers.

Those, who are used to or want to use electronic music in their videos, such as Celldweller, Blue Stahli, Damage Vault etc. , though they are not copyright-free, but most of their tracks are part of a program, called "PodSafe", which is run by http://www.fixtstore.com/.

PodSafe means that tracks under the program won't get a copyright notice and won't affect account status at all (which makes them Safely usable by your channel also), but they get an "AdRev" notice, which makes them not possibble to monetize. It is only to prevent ad revenue, not to affect your account status.

Oh here is a direct link : http://www.fixtstore.com/_custom_12.php
Last edited by fre4kZ on February 17th, 2013, 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 16th, 2013, 10:22 pm

fre4kZ wrote:Just a little tip for codjumper staff and movie makers.

Those, who are used to or want to use electronic music in their videos, such as Celldweller, Blue Stahli, Damage Vault etc. , though they are not copyright-free, but most of their tracks are part of a program, called "PodSafe", which has been run by http://www.fixtstore.com/.

PodSafe means that tracks under the program won't get a copyright notice and won't affect account status at all (which makes them Safely usable by your channel also), but they get an "AdRev" notice, which makes them not possibble to monetize. It is only to prevent ad revenue, not to affect your account status.
Thank you very much, will edit the sticky to accommodate this.