Major Help Required URGENTLY Pls

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Major Help Required URGENTLY Pls

Post by steveuk » April 12th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Hay al ive been giving mapping ago agian the last few days im half way thought my newest jump map, but i suddenly got a error when compiling it, and the first one to, can someone please tell me how to remove a Xmodel/prefab away from my radiant file.???

here a image i got, while compiling

I dont realy want to waist 4 days of mapping, so hopefully there is a easy fix, i dont have the Blackhawk on my map now ias i deleted it, but i still get this error, stopping me adding more to the map, so PLEASE help if you can..

ERROR Xmodel 'Prefabs/misc_models/vehicle_blackhawk,map' not found
failed to load misc_model 'Prefabs/misc_models/vehicle_blackhawk,map'
incase you cant read the Error message it says.
Also how to you add fire to the Barrels, as ive forgotten hw to do this,and cant find any tuts on helping me..

please reply ASAP, as i wanta get this map finished be for the weekend, and not start over again..
Cheers,
Steve

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Major Help Required URGENTLY Pls

Post by Pedsdude » April 12th, 2011, 10:37 pm

steveuk wrote:ERROR Xmodel 'Prefabs/misc_models/vehicle_blackhawk,map' not found
Open the .map in notepad/wordpad and search for "blackhawk" and remove the relevant bit.

Note that it says ,map instead of .map there (i.e. a comma is there when it should be a full stop), so perhaps you made a typo and if you correct it you'll get it working in your map...
steveuk wrote:Also how to you add fire to the Barrels, as ive forgotten hw to do this,and cant find any tuts on helping me..
Not sure, although obviously it will be to do with FX.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 12th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
steveuk wrote:ERROR Xmodel 'Prefabs/misc_models/vehicle_blackhawk,map' not found
Open the .map in notepad/wordpad and search for "blackhawk" and remove the relevant bit.

Note that it says ,map instead of .map there (i.e. a comma is there when it should be a full stop), so perhaps you made a typo and if you correct it you'll get it working in your map...
steveuk wrote:Also how to you add fire to the Barrels, as ive forgotten hw to do this,and cant find any tuts on helping me..
Not sure, although obviously it will be to do with FX.

thanks for quick answer,
was just a typo in last message it is a .map,
im now getting the error message.

ERROR XMODEL ' ' Not Found
Failed to load Misc_model

What do i do now.? i checked the .map file and found nothink in there.?

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 13th, 2011, 1:38 pm

hi, i did what Ped's said to remove the following
vehicle_blackhawk.map"
But i still had the other error, so i went back to the file in notpade, lucky i always save my .maps 2 times,and name them map1 map2 so if anythink went wrong i could goto the backup, but it looks i had save the map that gave me this error on bouth map files, but lucky i only removed the error on map1. so i checked map 2 in notepad, and found it as this.
"model" "prefabs/misc_models/vehicle_blackhawk.map"
i removed the full line as shown here, recompiled it, and updated the FF file ,and it now works perfect.
But now i have no BlackHawk Chopper in my map, now need to find out how to put in a Xmodel without screwing up the map again as most of the map is Textures,a few prefabs, and mostly wall jumps. But i will need to know how to do xmodel adding soon for my next map, as it going to be a town jumping map..lol,somethink like Backlot/or Crossfire, whiich im sure will take a while to biluld, if i can find help from another mapper.

so thansk for ya help Peds/KS

Opel
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Opel » April 13th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Here is a tutorial on how to place models http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.ph ... ing_Models

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 13th, 2011, 7:45 pm

steveuk wrote:hi, i did what Ped's said to remove the following
vehicle_blackhawk.map"
I told you to remove the "relevant bit", i.e. everything associated with that in the .map file (i.e. the entity itself), not just "vehicle_blackhawk.map". But it seems you've fixed it anyway :)

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 14th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
steveuk wrote:hi, i did what Ped's said to remove the following
vehicle_blackhawk.map"
I told you to remove the "relevant bit", i.e. everything associated with that in the .map file (i.e. the entity itself), not just "vehicle_blackhawk.map". But it seems you've fixed it anyway :)

Im still learning man, still learning, lol After a year+ 6 months not touching radiant, ive forgotten everything... :roll:
Gota start all over again...I only just found out i can remove Prefabs, and enitity via File/Enitity ,which make it easiery to do as i had a Light probes error last nite, i looked everywhere for the damm thing couldnt find it untilll i started messing with the file contrles and found that i could delete the light prob that way..

I now need to know how to do the barrel fire yet, lol

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 14th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Opel wrote:Here is a tutorial on how to place models http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.ph ... ing_Models
Thank i did do it the way it showed how to add models, but it just kepted giving me errors wiht the blackhawk, reason i asked for help in removing it... maybe my blackhawk is corrupted or something.?