Some small things to learn.

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

i.c.e
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Some small things to learn.

Post by i.c.e » August 11th, 2005, 7:41 pm

Dodgeing: When someone shoots at you and you're in the open , you may think you're dead. Well if you know how hard to whip ur mouse to "fishtail" while strafe jumping then you have an idea of how hard to whip. But when you're being shot at whipping your mouse HARD to the left then right, causes your hitbox to get MESSED UP. So shooting you becomes very difficult as the box twists and becomes thinner.

Shoot and duck: When you're fortifying (sites on side of box waiting for someone to peak) and you see the person, the moment you shoot you ship ur mouse to the side of the cover, they most likely wont shoot back, and if done fast enough ur hitbox can be messed up enough so u can't be shot.

Prefiring: Learn some prefires. Quick peak to look around, then aim around where you remember them being, then start shooting before you see them.

Demos will come soon ;0

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 12th, 2005, 2:38 pm

Sounds interesting, although perhaps could be classed as glitching/cheating?

Ownia
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Ownia » August 12th, 2005, 2:44 pm

Wehn somebody tries to shoot me i shoot them in the head... so
thanks but no thanks :D

Inferiority of the voice inside made me turn my back on...

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 12th, 2005, 2:51 pm

haha, well put :D

Dan2k3k4
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Dan2k3k4 » August 12th, 2005, 3:29 pm

Also, I guess if you know your gonna be hit once at least (like your up against a ppsh'r close range) then jump and prone in the air... if he hits you in the air whilst your hitting prone then the slide glitch should occur and you should start sliding backwards or w/e direction you were heading... usually you slide for about 1-2 seconds... if you keep holding down a strafe key or pressing forward you can actually slide far enough to make it around a corner away from this ppsh'r :D 8) Although this only works if you your shot in the air whilst pressing your prone key :\ sorta thing :D

i.c.e
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by i.c.e » August 12th, 2005, 4:40 pm

not sayin this to be a dick, but in pubs etc, u might have time to shoot them in the head, ppl dont miss much in cal :/

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » August 12th, 2005, 8:26 pm

Dan2002300313 wrote:Also, I guess if you know your gonna be hit once at least (like your up against a ppsh'r close range) then jump and prone in the air... if he hits you in the air whilst your hitting prone then the slide glitch should occur and you should start sliding backwards or w/e direction you were heading... usually you slide for about 1-2 seconds... if you keep holding down a strafe key or pressing forward you can actually slide far enough to make it around a corner away from this ppsh'r :D 8) Although this only works if you your shot in the air whilst pressing your prone key :\ sorta thing :D
o00 so thts how it happens :P happens to me alot but i didnt know wtf i was doing lol

sugarFREE
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by sugarFREE » August 12th, 2005, 9:47 pm

lol some nice info there ice but i do my own style of dodging. :)

Basicly i just randomly hit crouch,strafe left, strafe right, prone and jump. And it works for me ^^ i have the leetest people in Australia saying "gezz your a hard target to hit" :twisted:
mmmmmm sugar........sugar is really tasty but there's one catch, I CAN'T HAVE IT!

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 12th, 2005, 11:19 pm

Dan2002300313 wrote:if he hits you in the air whilst your hitting prone then the slide glitch should occur
If you're prone in the air facing him and he hits you, doesn't that mean he's most likely hit you in the head and you've almost certainly just been killed? :)

Dan2k3k4
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Dan2k3k4 » August 13th, 2005, 12:34 am

Pedsdude wrote:
Dan2002300313 wrote:if he hits you in the air whilst your hitting prone then the slide glitch should occur
If you're prone in the air facing him and he hits you, doesn't that mean he's most likely hit you in the head and you've almost certainly just been killed? :)
lol no :P because your CoD body isnt proning in the air (like superman) :P Its just waiting till you land so it can instantly prone... sorta thing :lol: :D

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 13th, 2005, 3:16 pm

Ah, I get you ;)

Monkey

Post by Monkey » August 13th, 2005, 6:49 pm

lol, i get called a hacker alot for prefire, use sound

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » August 13th, 2005, 10:04 pm

i would like to prove ur theory wrong dan. 2day i was shot while moving backwards and i pressed prone and the weird thing happened, so u dont hav to jump in the air :P

Dan2k3k4
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Dan2k3k4 » August 13th, 2005, 11:55 pm

bah then I guess it works when you press prone whilst being shot at whilst standing / jumping :P I thought it was jumping only as I have a habit to jump then prone every time I get shot at :\ so its happened alot for me lol

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 14th, 2005, 12:31 am

Dan2002300313 wrote:bah then I guess it works when you press prone whilst being shot at whilst standing / jumping :P I thought it was jumping only as I have a habit to jump then prone every time I get shot at :\ so its happened alot for me lol
You can also jump onto someone and prone and it can cause you to go into what some refer to as the "wobble" bug :)

Its a bug with the prone, it can happen from lots of different situation.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010