General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Fires in Victoria

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 11th, 2009, 1:28 am

I bet :P

People getting killed in car accidents is prolly highest in every country :shock:
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 11th, 2009, 1:33 am

Fair enough.

Thing is, these massive fires don't happen very often. Car accidents every day. But thousands of animals die too, and loads of people their property, huge areas of nature. Price goes up in billions I bet.

A car crash not that much :P

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 11th, 2009, 2:31 am

Not caring about 200+ people dying is being inhuman. At least now we now know how KS and Drof felt about events such as 9/11 and WWII for that matter.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 11th, 2009, 2:36 am

KillerSam wrote:
Infinite wrote:Not caring about 200+ people dying is being inhuman. At least now we now know how KS and Drof felt about events such as 9/11 and WWII for that matter.
Do you not see my point here?
That you don't care about people dying? Well, if you don't care, you might as well kill them yourself since such "minor" deaths are so insignificant :roll:.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 11th, 2009, 3:02 am

KillerSam wrote:Like we care, its the other side of the world

I understand your point completely. Everyone will eventually die. in fact, I think that less people are dying than should be and that the Earth is being overpopulated by humans and that more should be dying, which I find to be a very sickening thought, but I find it to be true. Not caring about human life is another story. I'm going to end this argument here seeing as you won't give up your views and I'm not giving up mine. Whether it be my great uncle who died recently, or 200+ people dying on the other side of the Earth, humans need to care about other humans. there are a handful or 2 of species who have inter-species wars, and humans are one of them, out of the millions if not BILLIONS of species in the world. Learning to not care about each other dying is a fact which makes us into one of those species. I'm not saying to care about every single human, but as a species in whole. Exceptions are understood (if you know what i mean), but not caring about deaths of hundreds, thousands, and hundreds of thousands of people is being an extremist.

P.S. this took so long to write because i was talking with pres while doing this + the forums went down for a minute xD.

P.S.S ... At least i have chicken.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 11th, 2009, 4:09 am

The truth is, you don't care about all those deaths. If you did, you would have killed yourself by now out of pure emotional overload. People not caring about people dying is not a consequence of war, it is a consequence of the world that surrounds us. We are the only species known to man to actually be able to comprehend death. Because we are forced to comprehend so much death our mind slowly numbs to that fact until nothing but the most personal deaths have any lasting effect. To give more than perhaps a prayer towards some who have died is simply a waste of time (and I personally believe the prayer is a waste of time as well). It isn't that we (speaking for KS, Drofder, and I, I think) don't care about people dying, we simply feel that there is no way to grieve for everyone who has died, and grieving for the ones acknowledged by the media is rude to those that aren't mentioned. I don't know about the others, but as a whole I tend not to care about our species. Call me an asshole if you want, but far too many people in this world harm it for me to care.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » February 11th, 2009, 5:53 pm

KS is right. We'd all be very busy people if we cared for everyone.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
"Seriously... .45k/sec it is a joke.. I could have just gone out and taken my own photos of children in this time."
"You have just become my fave youtuber!" - KillerSam in regards to myself. Win.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 11th, 2009, 7:40 pm

lmfao Neon.

But yeh, you can't care about everyone.

My point is is that the way KS responded to Jdogg was pretty lame since he's closely connected to these fires and who knows, he might be in a few days.

GoldenEye
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by GoldenEye » February 11th, 2009, 9:25 pm

We dont care about every death no fucking shit.
It took KS like 659549 words and 38 posts to say that.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 11th, 2009, 9:32 pm

GoldenEye wrote:We dont care about every death no fucking shit.
It took KS like 659549 words and 38 posts to say that.
Actually, it just took him one post and 3 words :lol:.

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » February 12th, 2009, 2:29 am

Gah I'm back, forums were down, anyways, I understand what your saying KS, trust me I do, I don't understand why my mum cries every time she watches the news, It's happening, It's tragic, but people die all the time. The fires are like 20 minutes from my place, so whatever. IMO posting
Like we care, its the other side of the world. Thats what you crims get for being crims - hell on your doorstep.
Is so not cool, I can understand why you wouldn't really care, it doesn't affect you, hell it doesn't affect me (Yet...) so I don't feel that cut up about it either. And thanks for having my back Zait :). As for people out running the fires, the shit doe's happen very quickly, a sudden wind change could end your life, or trap you and your family in a car, some people choose to stay and defend their homes, which I think is a little stupid, but I'll assume those are the people without insurance and not enough money to buy another home. There are a lot of fires burning, and a few of them were started by some cunt with nothing better to do than ruin other peoples lives, and yeah, even the Prime Minister says he should "Rot in jail".

EDIT:I just remember this video lol, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do9AoKyjjQg.

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by BlueDamselfly » February 12th, 2009, 4:17 am

wow, this topic is rly sad,

jdogg is all ur friend and he could die and nobody give a shit? i mean cmon i understand that u do not care about all those hundred ppl dead however could u actually care about him? hes ur friend and he could die... cmon...

and also caring about the environment would be really important... if u dont then think about how ur kid will be.. dont only think to urself... whatever

btw im talking about this fire at school everyday in class and its very horible :( gl jdogg and i hope ull be fine and nothing will happen to u eventually :( good luck :D
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 12th, 2009, 4:21 am

BlueDamselfly wrote:wow, this topic is rly sad,

jdogg is all ur friend and he could die and nobody give a shit? i mean cmon i understand that u do not care about all those hundred ppl dead however could u actually care about him? hes ur friend and he could die... cmon...

and also caring about the environment would be really important... if u dont then think about how ur kid will be.. dont only think to urself... whatever

btw im talking about this fire at school everyday in class and its very horible :( gl jdogg and i hope ull be fine and nothing will happen to u eventually :( good luck :D
There's no more point in replying to this topic :S. No one is changing anyone's views and most people won't give a shit about anyone else until it effects them directly.

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » February 12th, 2009, 4:35 am

Thanks mate, the chances of the fires getting here are low, but there is a farm with lots of trees and dry grass a few meters from my house.
Infinite wrote:

There's no more point in replying to this topic :S. No one is changing anyone's views and most people won't give a shit about anyone else until it effects them directly.
Mmmm, well It's kinda impossible for it to affect anyone else :P.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » February 12th, 2009, 6:11 am

First of all, I think people are taking this far too seriously. I never saw anything even reaching debate level, we were just sharing views, and, I think, for the most agreeing or reaching respectful acceptance. Second of all, JDogg is not my friend :wink:
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude