COD jump map help

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

IronJo
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

COD jump map help

Post by IronJo » November 29th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Ello ,im a bit new to this quake 3 console and I wanted to practice my strafe jumping. I have a couple of quick questions!

1. If I practice in CoD2 is the technique the same in COD4?

2. Im rubbish with the console/dev commands. Is it possible for me to load up a custom jump map, in cod2? I DL'ed mp_jump.pk3 and put it in my main folder. Is there a way I can load this up and play on it by myself?! TY if any1 can help me out. :lol:

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 29th, 2007, 9:12 pm

hi,.
if ya wantingto pratice i can put up my COD2 server for a while, i just need to remove some maps from folder or ya need to download them yaself, which would take time

You would also need the SavePostion mod found here http://www.codjumper.com/mods.php
get the COD2 saveposion file download and put into your main COD2 folder.
oh also get NoHert mod and 999 nade mod and put into main folder to with SavePosition

Let me know if ya want to pratice on my server, if so i send ya the ip to connect to.

Steve

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 29th, 2007, 9:22 pm

just in case ya wanta pratice jumps on my server ive opened it up, if no-one connects within 20-mins i will close it..

ip:82.44.100.126:28960 in console type connect 82.44.100.126:28960 then press enter.. to open cconsole press ya '¬' key next to number 1 key
you need No-hert mod, saveposition mod & 999 nage modes

Server open for next 20-min, then will close if no one connects.. if anyone connects i keep it open longer.

Steve

IronJo
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by IronJo » November 29th, 2007, 9:24 pm

steveuk wrote:hi,.
if ya wantingto pratice i can put up my COD2 server for a while, i just need to remove some maps from folder or ya need to download them yaself, which would take time

You would also need the SavePostion mod found here http://www.codjumper.com/mods.php
oh also get NoHert mod and 999 nade mod and put into main folder to with SavePosition

Let me know if ya want to pratice on my server, if so i send ya the ip to connect to.

Steve
Yer m8 that would be sweet.. I got the mods. I havent played CoD2 for ages, been onCoD4, but just got into jumping rlly. Is your server a kind of "jump" server if so that would be cool to practice in.

Anyone know if I can get a custom map running on my own? I downloaded a map and it was pk3 file type. Is this right? I see mainly IWD.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 29th, 2007, 9:27 pm

IronJo wrote:
steveuk wrote:hi,.

Steve
Yer m8 that would be sweet.. I got the mods. I havent played CoD2 for ages, been onCoD4, but just got into jumping rlly. Is your server a kind of "jump" server if so that would be cool to practice in.

Anyone know if I can get a custom map running on my own? I downloaded a map and it was pk3 file type. Is this right? I see mainly IWD.
some pk3 files will work, some dont, they shouls show in ya map list ifthey work in COD2, but i thought they was mostly COD1

Anyways server is open,. might see ya there soon.. ip:82.44.100.126 POrt:28690

im there already..
Steve

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Re: COD jump map help

Post by aicaramba » November 29th, 2007, 10:14 pm

IronJo wrote: 1. If I practice in CoD2 is the technique the same in COD4?
Yes, allthough u can sprint too, so you will get further, but I doubt that will be a problem :P
P.S.V. Kampioen!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 29th, 2007, 10:45 pm

You could also visit one of our donated CoD2 servers found on the main page.

And if you wish to load a map (It's handy with cheats, you can /noclip as an example if you really can't do a jump), simply type /devmap mp_mapname and you can use /noclip and other cheats. Type that in console (~) on the MP menu.

Be aware that if you have too many mods/custom maps you get a sum mismatch error. Simply solve that by removing a few mods/custom maps.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol