jm_mall

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » August 22nd, 2007, 11:53 am

He made it out of brushes and patches, it's not a model.

Soooo Luke, is this ever gonna be finished? If you need help, you can PM me. I'd love to work on the map. ^^

Creep
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Creep » August 22nd, 2007, 11:55 am

:P That's a model. In radiant impossible to make spheres :S

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » August 22nd, 2007, 12:21 pm

Only the balls are models.
Soooo Luke, is this ever gonna be finished? If you need help, you can PM me. I'd love to work on the map. ^^
IDK, help has been offered and i've even given the map out, but no help has been given.... i dont need it anyway but it would help me finish quicker. I have done quite a lot to it since the last screenies, but i'm not giving anymore away, at least 2 of my ideas are already being used in someone elses map :P
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » August 22nd, 2007, 5:14 pm

Creep wrote::P That's a model. In radiant impossible to make spheres :S
make a cylinder with same height and diameter, make all bottom vertices join in the center, move middle vertices down to be on the same level as the joined vertices, copy and rotate so its opposite and set on top...tada, a sphere.

glad you're back luke :)
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 24th, 2007, 5:06 pm

Soviet wrote:
make a cylinder with same height and diameter, make all bottom vertices join in the center, move middle vertices down to be on the same level as the joined vertices, copy and rotate so its opposite and set on top...tada, a sphere.

A very odd shaped sphere...

To make a slightly more improved sphere, you would need to move the top and bottom vertices down slightly to improve the curve ;)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » August 24th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Soviet wrote:

A very odd shaped sphere...

To make a slightly more improved sphere, you would need to move the top and bottom vertices down slightly to improve the curve ;)
my b, after you do all the vertice stuff, squish it to half height before you duplicate and rotate.
ImageImageImage

Luke

Post by Luke » August 24th, 2007, 11:27 pm

Or you can just get maya and within a couple clicks of the mouse it will make you a perfect sphere :P
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » August 25th, 2007, 2:04 am

which you then have to take 15 more min to port into cod, after importing the texture you want to texture it with and texturing it, as well as creating a uv map. Then you have another file to add to the iwd when you are done and it is fully unmodifiable if you need to change it except for scale :roll:
ImageImageImage

Luke

Post by Luke » August 25th, 2007, 2:45 am

Soviet wrote:which you then have to take 15 more min to port into cod, after importing the texture you want to texture it with and texturing it, as well as creating a uv map. Then you have another file to add to the iwd when you are done and it is fully unmodifiable if you need to change it except for scale :roll:
1. Where did 15 mins come from?

after importing the texture you want to texture it with and texturing it
eh?

3. For something as simple as the pool balls I made, it was just automatic mapping( a couple of clicks), except for the 8 ball which just needed a bit of photoshop work.

4. It is fully modifiable if you made it and have the tools.

Juansterloked
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Juansterloked » October 5th, 2007, 4:24 am

hope u finish soon
Hi Im Hunter Im cool With you iF Your Cool With Me

Luke

Post by Luke » October 10th, 2007, 1:43 am

Thread cleaned. Deleted posts that don't relate to the topic or mapping.

No more arguing over who edited whos post.. at least not in this thread. I don't care who did it, but maybe they won't make a habit of it after reading all that shit.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 11th, 2007, 12:18 am

now the thread is clean, how about a progress report or estimate completion time? :P
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Luke

Post by Luke » October 12th, 2007, 11:13 am

I'm tempted to just abandon it for cod 2, and wait for cod 4 and the tools to convert it. I hardly ever play cod 2 anymore, and it's just a pain trying to do what i want with this map. Importing models is a pain in the ass, i need too many custom textures, or can't even make the type of texture i need/want.

So, cod 4 could be the answer to all my problems, i can't say for sure though as i've not even tried the game yet.