[Help] FPS Question / Problem

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

JotaC
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

[Help] FPS Question / Problem

Post by JotaC » June 4th, 2007, 6:48 pm

Hi all, i have a Radeon x1600 (512Mb, PCI Express) and the following game options:

And i only get 270 fps, not stable, maximum, my friend that haves a ATI (dont remember the model, with 256Mb, NOT pci express) gets a clear and stable 333.

My question, Why? How can i make my fps go up like that? i overcloaked my graphic card, all my computer settings are set to Performance, i followed all the Tips i saw in Forum, Sites, Everything, but still dont get how can i increase the FPS in this quake3 engine game :cry:

And, HeHe, im not asking why my friends graphic card does that, i am asking how can i greatly increase my FPS :D

Any help will be great, thanks all :)
Last edited by JotaC on June 4th, 2007, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » June 4th, 2007, 6:54 pm

could u pls give ya config? resolution etc?
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

JotaC
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by JotaC » June 4th, 2007, 6:56 pm

Ops, $tupid ImageShack, first post updated, sorry :?

Specifications are in the image.. lol

And thanks for the fast reply :)

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » June 4th, 2007, 7:51 pm

pu antialaising off and try again
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

JotaC
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by JotaC » June 4th, 2007, 7:57 pm

Lev!athan wrote:pu antialaising off and try again
Anti-Alising Off, no changes in FPS :(

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » June 4th, 2007, 8:19 pm

Well.. the 256 mb ATI card can be much faster then your 512 x1600. E.G. X1950xt, which is a LOT faster then yours, even though it only has 256 mb.. The amount of mb hardly says anything about the speed of the card...
E.G.: My 320 mb 8800GTS beats the shit out of a 1gb 7950gx2.

Then there are allways different facts that can make a difference... Like I got an 8800 myselve, but the one I have happens to have very poor cod2 performance.. Same as u, i dont allways get steady 333 fps in the stock maps, where some slower cards are abled to get it, yet my card is much, much faster then the slower cards in the rest of the games.
.. So u could just be unlucky that your card happens to have bad cod2 performance.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

JotaC
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by JotaC » June 4th, 2007, 8:32 pm

aicaramba wrote:Well.. the 256 mb ATI card can be much faster then your 512 x1600. E.G. X1950xt, which is a LOT faster then yours, even though it only has 256 mb.. The amount of mb hardly says anything about the speed of the card...
E.G.: My 320 mb 8800GTS beats the shit out of a 1gb 7950gx2.

Then there are allways different facts that can make a difference... Like I got an 8800 myselve, but the one I have happens to have very poor cod2 performance.. Same as u, i dont allways get steady 333 fps in the stock maps, where some slower cards are abled to get it, yet my card is much, much faster then the slower cards in the rest of the games.
.. So u could just be unlucky that your card happens to have bad cod2 performance.
I am not able to get a stable 125fps.. that sux :( LoL, anyway, its possible to improve my graphic performance, to get at least a 125fps stable?

t3vY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by t3vY » June 4th, 2007, 8:41 pm

I am not able to get a stable 125fps.. that sux Sad LoL, anyway, its possible to improve my graphic performance, to get at least a 125fps stable?
I had the same problem, but then i DL diffrent configs from realy good players. It helped..i can now get constant 125 FPS. So try this maybe it ll work for you to. :wink:

JotaC
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by JotaC » June 4th, 2007, 9:09 pm

t3vY wrote:

I am not able to get a stable 125fps.. that sux Sad LoL, anyway, its possible to improve my graphic performance, to get at least a 125fps stable?
I had the same problem, but then i DL diffrent configs from realy good players. It helped..i can now get constant 125 FPS. So try this maybe it ll work for you to. :wink:
HeHe, Just Asking... "this" what & where? :P

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » June 5th, 2007, 5:26 am

Some things that MIGHT give u stable 125 fps...

Download the latest drivers for your graphics card. Make sure u remove the old drivers if u do.

Overclock your card more. Note: You can ruin your graphics card with that, so i do NOT recommend this if u dont really know what you are doing.

Buy new hardware.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

JotaC
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by JotaC » June 5th, 2007, 12:30 pm

aicaramba wrote:Some things that MIGHT give u stable 125 fps...

Download the latest drivers for your graphics card. Make sure u remove the old drivers if u do.

Overclock your card more. Note: You can ruin your graphics card with that, so i do NOT recommend this if u dont really know what you are doing.

Buy new hardware.
1. I have the last video card drivers.

2. Already tryed overclocking, doesnt help.

3. The Hardware is new, i bought it 1 month ago ^^

I would like to know if t3vY or someone else can share some of those "great" configs just to try :)

Once again, Thanks all.

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » June 5th, 2007, 5:18 pm

JotaC wrote:
3. The Hardware is new, i bought it 1 month ago ^^
Buy more expensive hardware ;)

Try to find out what card your friend has, my guess is its a faster card.. even though it has less MB..

A 6 liter american muscle car doesnt have as much power as a 3 liter formula 1 car ;)
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 6th, 2007, 10:28 am

Just one thing i've noticed and just tested in CoD2...

I run my game at 1280x1024 and looking up, I get up to 340 fps at most.
I then change my resolution to 640x480 and in the same position I still only get 340 max, so conclusion is, that low resolutions do not guarantee a better framerate. I recommend running the game at your Desktop/Monitor native resolution.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » June 6th, 2007, 4:21 pm

Ye, i noticed it aswell.. it doesnt have a lot of effect what settings u use.

When i run the game at 800x600 at lowest settings.. i get about 250-500 fps in normal combat situation...
When i run the game at 1680x1050 at highest settings (dx7, without AA or AF) I get 200-450 fps, also in normal combat situation.
Hardly makes a difference, but maybe thats just my card.

In dx9 and 4x AA, 16xAF i get 150-350 fps.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

t3vY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by t3vY » June 6th, 2007, 4:40 pm

I would like to know if t3vY or someone else can share some of those "great" configs just to try
http://www.cod-skupnost.com/download.php?list.4

configs are for CoD 2, but before you dl it take a look at the rating (ocena), because some of theme are just normal configs.
I personaly like config from iElectric. :wink: