New map.. mp_island_jump

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 9th, 2007, 5:56 pm

scrappy wrote:i have a ?... who made jm_lighthouse?? is there a finished version cause it says beta??

Also- I will finish island_jump.. =) i will make it flawless.. lol or try to..=P
Lighthouse ain't completed, I don't even know if it will be but I hope so.

Trust me, nobody likes buggy jump maps. It's best to spend some time on it.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » May 9th, 2007, 6:31 pm

I apologize for my comments and what not. Its just that i thought u guys would be happy with anything new to jump.. I sure as hell know i need some new stuff..
We are always happy to see new maps, and there aren't many flawless maps, if any. We don't expect it to be flawless at all, just do the best you can with the knowledge you have, you can take the advice or leave it. But we do get a lot of rushed bad quality maps, so we would encourage a bit more time spent on them.
The reason some maps are made so quickly is because the mapper hasn't learnt to map properly(e.g no caulking, no mitres, bad texturing, bad lighting ect. i was the same way with my first few maps, but i'm learning something from each one.

The advice given for this particular map are for things that are quite painless to fix, and things a mapper should learn. There are plenty of other things i could pick out, but like i said, we don't expect it to be perfect.
i have a ?... who made jm_lighthouse?? is there a finished version cause it says beta??
I did, and no. It has been added to jm_mall, so it will be in that if/when its released.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php