Question...

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Manstein
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Question...

Post by Manstein » June 14th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Hi all, i am a brazillian player, and i dont speak english... but i try...
I have some doubt about "jumping and nade jumping"...
This is considered a cheat or a bug???
I saying this, because in my country, for example, nade jumping its considered a bad thing, for the vision of the players...
you jump and land a some place, with helping a panzer or granade... the player of here its dont liked so mutch...
I wanted to know the opinion of yours... especially about jumping...
In my opinion jumping its not a bad thing... any person can do it, without any type of aid...

Thanks, and forgives for my english... :oops:

Lisa
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lisa » June 14th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Hi Manstein,

I will give you my opinion....

Is it a cheat or bug?

Depending on the server and map you are playing on it could be considered a cheat. For instance, if you are playing on a regular server that plays stock maps, then yes, it could be considered a cheat. If you are playing on a jump server, then no it is not a cheat.

If you like jumping then come jump on the codjumper's servers. No one will here considers using nades or panzers a bad thing !! :wink: and there are lots of custom maps made just for jumping.
~Materazzi~

Manstein
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Manstein » June 14th, 2006, 5:41 pm

Lisa wrote:Hi Manstein,

I will give you my opinion....

Is it a cheat or bug?

Depending on the server and map you are playing on it could be considered a cheat. For instance, if you are playing on a regular server that plays stock maps, then yes, it could be considered a cheat. If you are playing on a jump server, then no it is not a cheat.

If you like jumping then come jump on the codjumper's servers. No one will here considers using nades or panzers a bad thing !! :wink: and there are lots of custom maps made just for jumping.
Hi Lisa, thanks for your post. :D
it leaves I to make you a question?
If i playing a normal server of DM for example... and i using a "jump" without help with a granede or panzer...
This is a considered a bug or cheat?
Can i using "jumping" only a Jumping servers? so that I am not considered a cheater...

Thank you again...

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » June 14th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Depends on the effect of the jump imo..
If you can jump out of the map easyly and get big advantage of it, it can be considered a cheat.
If its just a simple jump to a (low) roof, most people wont complain.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 14th, 2006, 10:08 pm

Yep, it is dependant on the situation.

If it is a Match, then the only jumps I consider to be legal, are those that require no nades/panzers/boost, basic strafe jumping (unless the jump seriously affects gameplay, such as jumping to a hidden room or getting out of the map).

If it is a public, then it depends on the jump you are performing, again if the jump gets you out of the map, you shouldnt really use it on public, if the jump gets you on a roof, or into a position that gives you an advantage, then you should decide for yourself whether you think its fair or not.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Manstein
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Manstein » June 16th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Ok, thanks to all !

I was same saying on a simple pull in a (low) roof...
And they had said, this is a not bad thing...

I am in week of tests in the college, however when to finish,
I go to visit the jump server !

Thanks !

disciple1990
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by disciple1990 » June 16th, 2006, 6:35 pm

At the end of the day it all depends on what the server rules are.

If it is a match you obviously are only aloud to use basic jumps. If any jumps that are used which make you unshootable or something, then you are not aloud to use it.

In public you can do nearly any jump you want really, as long as it is not seen as a glitch to other people which can sometimes ofend them. For exam, in public on stalingrad you should never ladder jump into the glitch room as it is purely a bug/glitch/cheat, and you should also not use it in matches.

But to be honest there is no point jumping in normal play, which is why I just leave my jumping behind in jump servers most of the time. I suggest going to the Codjumper servers and see what jumping is all about and you will see that it is not a bad thing, just a fun hobby to do to take you away from all the shooting and have a nice relaxing jump.

So no mate, jumping is not a bad thing in most cases. :)
-----> Coming Soon <-----