Blocked O/S Privilege: 508:430

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

FrOgGy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Blocked O/S Privilege: 508:430

Post by FrOgGy » March 8th, 2006, 1:26 am

I dont know if this subject has already been adressed but I did a search for it and didnt turn up anything so.. I'm new to the jumping community and I've been trying out the CoD 1.5 servers. However, It keeps kicking me for Blocked O/S Privileges. I know this can happen if you are not an Admin on your computer or if you have anti-virus or spyware blocking PB, but I am and admin and I've turned off all my anti-virus and stuff. I tried right-clicking on CoD and selecting Run As... but that didnt help either.

It's strange. When I first connected to the server it ran fine for about 2 maps. Then when the third one loaded PB gave me the boot. I've gone to EB and tried their tricks, but still nothing. It's probably something very simple that im just not getting. :P

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton! :D

9mm
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by 9mm » March 8th, 2006, 2:28 am

well u said u r an admin but i haev only ever hear of this prob if you were not logged in as an administrator so i owudl check to make sure you have but other than that i odnt haev and ideas but i will try to look for other reasons that this can occur

FrOgGy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by FrOgGy » March 8th, 2006, 3:00 am

It also says right before it kicks me:

PB kicks for non-standard characters and All PB Restrictions on this server.

But I dont have any odd characters in my name or anything. :?:

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » March 8th, 2006, 3:04 am

well someone else on here might be able to help you further. But my suggestion is to either contact pb support, or post on the official punkbuster forums, the official site is: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » March 8th, 2006, 2:58 pm

FrOgGy wrote:PB kicks for non-standard characters and All PB Restrictions on this server.
Thats a standard PB message, just telling you it kicks for strange characters.

Also check the Activision Support and IWNation.com
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

FrOgGy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by FrOgGy » March 8th, 2006, 9:27 pm

I checked all of those things and tried every trick that they suggested.

Today I did a clean install of the game and installed the 1.5 patch again, thinking the one i had before might have been corrupt. I got in fine, no problems, for the first 3-4 maps. Then just like before the message came up and kicked me. This is really starting to make me mad. :evil: I've had it with uninstalling the game and doing everything over again. What the hell does PB have against me?!

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » March 8th, 2006, 11:10 pm

I personnally don't like PB (it kicks you if your name is too short) :|
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

-venom-
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by -venom- » March 9th, 2006, 12:06 am

Nightmare wrote:I personnally don't like PB (it kicks you if your name is too short) :|
it kicks you if you have a short name so ur name cant be nothing like when you put ^(number) as ur name
x-fire: word13

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » March 9th, 2006, 1:26 am

no, I didnt have it only with a ^, I had a huge long name, it kicked me for 2 mins because I have a space between the first letter and the second one :/ then I couldn't change it back because each time I connected again it would kick me before I got to change it
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

FrOgGy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by FrOgGy » March 9th, 2006, 3:41 am

Well thats not whats kicking me. I've downloaded and updated punkbuster and still nothing. Sometimes it will randomly let me in for a round or two. It's very strange.