CoD mp not working

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

hambones
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by hambones » February 6th, 2006, 4:14 am

demeaner121 wrote:i am only using the windows xp firewall
you shouldn't use that, turn it off and see if your codmp will work. if not, i don't know

"It's so funny of how I think my life is supposed to be devoid of any sort of heartache or drama or anguish or pain. It's sad but I think that I make a value of my days by the times I wake up and feel somewhat normal, but what I really need to do is get out of this fucking house and get laid."

demeaner121
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by demeaner121 » February 6th, 2006, 4:27 am

I already mentioned that even if i turned it off, it still wont work. This is very strange because i could play it before.

Tonttu
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Tonttu » February 6th, 2006, 11:19 am

Luke wrote:You shouldnt need to open ports on a router to join a game thats mainly for hosting servers when u do that...
what firewall have u got, and are u on windows xp? maybe u have a separate firewall and xp's firewall is blocking it without u knowing, or vice versa.
If you don't have UPnP enabled in your router you have to open ports for joining game
demeaner121 wrote:i am only using the windows xp firewall
Turn off windows "firewall" and get a better one
demeaner121 wrote:I already mentioned that even if i turned it off, it still wont work. This is very strange because i could play it before.
Have you changed your router recently or pressed the "reset to default settings" button of your router? if so then you probably need to open ports for it or enable UPnP in your router if your router supports it

Here is good tutorials for portforwarding: http://www.portforward.com/

demeaner121
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by demeaner121 » February 6th, 2006, 11:25 pm

ok, i did what it said. but i still get no signal. I wonder if this would help, because before i couldn't recieve a signal, me and my friends played a LAN multiplayer of Age of Empires 2. could that possibly have altered the system?

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » February 6th, 2006, 11:34 pm

demeaner121 wrote:ok, i did what it said. but i still get no signal. I wonder if this would help, because before i couldn't recieve a signal, me and my friends played a LAN multiplayer of Age of Empires 2. could that possibly have altered the system?
Not likely, i used to play aoe 2 a lot and i know about the router issues with it...so i'm curious, are you able to play aoe 2 online?

-venom-
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by -venom- » February 6th, 2006, 11:46 pm

if it is only cod2 with the problem, conntact activision and see what they can do
x-fire: word13

demeaner121
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by demeaner121 » February 7th, 2006, 12:30 am

It's not cod2, I only have cod1. I'm not sure if u can play aoe2 online, that is if u can find anyone who is hosting a game. We used two computers using the same router with two laptops using wireless connection to the same router

Luke

Post by Luke » February 7th, 2006, 12:43 am

http://www.zone.com thats where you'll find the games, ppl are playing 24/7! if you have a problem with ur router then its very unlikely you will be able to join/host games...try it out :wink:

demeaner121
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by demeaner121 » February 7th, 2006, 1:26 am

is there anyone who knows how to fix my cod mp? My router is fine, i cant find anything wrong with it.

woCooM
PSN ID: Sanctifico

Post by woCooM » February 7th, 2006, 1:54 am

Delete/Move ALL MODS from call of duty/main (mods are files like zzz_)

Reboot

Load CoD, Try join a server

if that fails

Cut and paste the Config_mp.cfg file to another folder (just so you have a backup)

Reboot

Load CoD, choose no for safemode, try join server

Last resort!

if that fails uninstall CoD, remove the Call of Duty directory, Reboot, Reinstall.

its not a connection problem its something to do with a mod, lots of people have had the same problem and the most common fix is to remove the mod

if the problem doesnt go and you've reinstalled everything, you might want google simlar problems
Some People Look Back on WWII, I LIVE IT!
Для Матb россия!

Luke

Post by Luke » February 7th, 2006, 2:22 am

my final question...do u have a genuine cd key? if not, buy the game ffs :p, but if its not connecting then a used cd key can cause it so i thought its worth mentioning :shock:

most of the replies just say this and that is fine but no mention of trying some of the suggestions, so i really dont know.

demeaner121
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by demeaner121 » February 7th, 2006, 4:37 am

I am using a real cd key and i have already tried most of the suggested things, but there is just something messed about my cod program. I went through the folders for cod and took out everything that I knew that wasnt there in the first place.

Tonttu
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Re: CoD mp not working

Post by Tonttu » February 7th, 2006, 8:33 am

demeaner121 wrote:Every time i try to referesh the list of servers, it just says "Waiting for responce from master server."
Are you using PeerGuardian? It has activision in it's blocklist which causes the problem.
I get also "Waiting for responce from master server." if I'm running PeerGuardian and trying to refresh server list. If you look at PeerGuardian's log you can see these: http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9530/pg5nv.jpg

demeaner121
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by demeaner121 » February 7th, 2006, 10:43 pm

nope, this is the first time i have ever heard of peergardian

demeaner121
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by demeaner121 » February 8th, 2006, 1:21 am

Is it possible for too many programs installed on my computer be the cause?