What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Drofder2004 » May 25th, 2011, 1:26 am

xSnipeZx wrote:From what I saw quoted, it doesn't say they've got a completely new engine. It says something along the lines of "We've moved beyond the MW2 engine and added a load of cool stuff". This could mean that it still has the Quake 3 engine `exploits` like strafing and fps jumps.
Its the same engine just further improved.

Its is a new engine but with very strong Quake reference and probably a lot of the Maths involved is the same, so don't count out jumping, just count out the maps being 'jumpable'.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

glitch3790
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
PSN ID: campbell3790

Post by glitch3790 » May 25th, 2011, 1:31 am

well, who is going to get it , cause im not gonna buy until someone else here does and tests everything out lolwut

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 25th, 2011, 1:35 am

Will probably buy it...
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

glitch3790
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by glitch3790 » May 25th, 2011, 1:42 am

ok, great.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » May 25th, 2011, 1:54 am

Soviet wrote:It is going to be fucking terrible and a bunch of hopeful idiots will buy it, only realizing their mistake afterwards. Then, about a year later those same people will be talking about MW4, wondering whether or not IW has learned from their mistakes and will be making a better game :roll:

I'll give you a hint, they won't.
Prediction coming true.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

WorldDomoNation
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by WorldDomoNation » May 25th, 2011, 3:46 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
WorldDomoNation wrote:playing legitimate games.
As opposed to an illegitamate game?

Are you sure you are using the correct word? Or is your understanding of the definitions of these words just wrong...?
Do I truly need to explain sarcasm to the almighty Drofder, keeper of all knowledge? I'll give you a hint: that statement was a good example.

By legitimate games, I was referring to games that developers make to please customers, not their wallets.
that's a nice pic and all, but out of all the pictures you could have taken why'd you take a picture of a plant? :P
-Soviet
Because plants have some really small details. If a plant comes out nice in a photo, you have yourself a good camera ;)
-Drofder 2004
Yes, but if boobs come out really well in a photo you have a picture of boobs :wink:
-Soviet
Discussing Marshall's new camera lol^

Quit Humping And Start Jumping!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 25th, 2011, 2:48 pm

I'm not sure if I'll get it. Don't think I will since if BF3 will have Rush in it (And not only stupid Conquest) then I'll be getting that.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: QuaNnTuM HD

Post by Qauntumz » May 25th, 2011, 3:25 pm

I'm definitely getting BF3 first. Maybe will watch some youtube videos and see how good MW3 is ;P

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 25th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Soviet wrote:
Soviet wrote:It is going to be fucking terrible and a bunch of hopeful idiots will buy it, only realizing their mistake afterwards. Then, about a year later those same people will be talking about MW4, wondering whether or not IW has learned from their mistakes and will be making a better game :roll:

I'll give you a hint, they won't.
Prediction coming true.
I only say "buy" for the purpose of not breaking forum rules :)

Singleplayer games are where it is at, with internet like mine (see sig), getting hold of a good SP game is a must.

glitch3790
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by glitch3790 » May 27th, 2011, 12:11 am

oh god drofder, that is terrible internet... lol my internet is better... and i have 5 devices on it

Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Qauntumz » May 27th, 2011, 11:33 pm

glitch3790 wrote:oh god drofder, that is terrible internet... lol my internet is better... and i have 5 devices on it
Wow off topic, and out of nowhere :p ^

glitch3790
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by glitch3790 » May 27th, 2011, 11:40 pm

woah... horible thought! what if in the new cod... the made everything reachable Ö :shock: Ö

glitch3790
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by glitch3790 » May 28th, 2011, 1:05 am

oh yeah. @Drofder, a good game is justcause 2. there is no multiplayer so you better enjoy the singleplayer.

Opel
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Opel » May 31st, 2011, 8:45 am

What a load of shit. The cod series if you ask me is ruined.
The Wall Street Journal has posted the news that Activision is readying an announcement that will find the next Call of Duty title, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, offering up a pay to play monthly subscription fee. The service, called Call of Duty Elite will be a monthly payment that will "provide extra content that isn't offered on game discs sold in stores, including downloadable map packs that give players new Call of Duty levels to play.

Consumers are used to paying $60 each for videogames that run on consoles like the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Now the publisher behind the industry's biggest videogame franchise— "Call of Duty"—is about to find out whether it can get them to pay a monthly bill, too.

Activision Blizzard Inc. plans to launch an online service called Call of Duty Elite this fall that will work with the next major edition of the game, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game. In a move industry executives describe as a first, Activision plans to charge a monthly subscription fee for the service, which will provide extra content that isn't offered on game discs sold in stores, including downloadable map packs that give players new "Call of Duty" levels to play.

Activision executives said they haven't yet figured out how much to charge for the service, but they expect the cost to be less than fees for comparable online-entertainment services, such as a $7.99-a-month Netflix Inc. movie subscription. Portions of the service will be free, including features inspired by Facebook Inc. that will let "Call of Duty" players meet for online gun battles with others who share various affiliations and interests.

Both Infinity Ward's Rob "FourZeroTwo" Bowling and Activision's Dan "OneOfSwords" Amrich are in damage control mode on Twitter, suggesting that Call of Duty's core online experience will continue to remain free just as it has in past games.

COD ELITE is free, for all players, some paid aspects TBD. Absolutely NO fee to play #MW3 multiplayer. Detailed reveal coming tomorrow AM.

Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Qauntumz » May 31st, 2011, 3:24 pm

^
Activision has dollar signs in their eyes =(