Looking to parts bits Help Please

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

uber-matt
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Looking to parts bits Help Please

Post by uber-matt » August 18th, 2005, 12:41 am

hi im kinder new to this whole thing, but i was wondering what could i get upgraded so i can reach 333 fps. i would like to keep prices cheap as i dont have much cash to give away. my pc details are:

amd athlon 64 processor 2800+
geforce fx 5700LE
512 Ram

im not the best at computers so simple talk please lol thanks in advance. :)

MuRpHy*
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by MuRpHy* » August 18th, 2005, 1:00 am

first off use the search bar! its even a sticky on this subject as well :S but anyways..

here you go..
Well it depends on what type of pc you have and what type of slot you have...

Let me know what type of PC you have.... and if you know, what type of slot, and i will give you my recommendation..

If you have a PCI express, the newest slot that uses the best gfx card, than i recommend an ATI card, probably the Radeon 9800XT 256 mb... This is one of the best cards out now (although the best is the NVIDIA 7800 GT) that will get you 700+ fps, and ive seen someone with a modified version gettin 1200 fps in a 20 man railyard server looking at the sky ..

If you have a PCI slot, i recommend the NVIDIA 5900 series, which is the newest of the NVIDIA series you can get with a PCI slot.. This will get you 125 fps in most servers..

If you have an AGP slot, than i recommend the NVIDIA 6800 GT series, which will easily get you 125 fps constant and probably up and ovear 333 in your own server, maybe that in a small server...

If you know nothing about the computer and graphics card slot and this was all blah to you, than hit me up on xfire murphy001 and ill be glad to help you out and give you a better understandin on the matter..

Murphy
theres my direct quote from one of the other topic liek this :P

uber-matt
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by uber-matt » August 18th, 2005, 1:08 am

yea sorry i did read that but like he said it might be all blah to people lol. anyways thanks for your help.

MuRpHy*

Post by MuRpHy* » August 18th, 2005, 1:16 am

no problem man, anytime you need, just hit me up either xfire, or youll always find me here on the forums ;) murphy001 is my x :P gl with everything.. problem solved, TOPIC LOCKED (to provoke further spam ;) )

uber-matt
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by uber-matt » August 18th, 2005, 10:26 pm

for better fps like 333fps would i need more ram and boost it to 1024MB/1GB or if that wont work would a card be any good. cos the next card up from mine is quite expensive (for me anyway).

MuRpHy*

Post by MuRpHy* » August 18th, 2005, 10:45 pm

i would suggest a new card if you can spare the money, but more RAM wouldnt hurt ;) also while in the game, hit ctrl + ALT + DELETE and go to processes, and right click codmp.exe and make its priority above normal, should raise your fps like 20 frames :P