Moving platforms & waterfall & Lava

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Moving platforms & waterfall & Lava

Post by steveuk » May 5th, 2011, 3:24 pm

How do i make moving platforms, that go side to side and forward & Backwards..???
Also how do i make if possible waterfalls and Floating Lava's

1 other question, im using Barrle fire/
maps\mp\mp_barrel_fx
the fire works ok, , bu i want to add a larger ground fire. ive seen this
firelp_large_pm.efx
but when i add it, i get errors,left right and center and it screws up my map compleatly
how do i add this to my map as a ground fire in radiant, what scripting do i need to do,??? when iadd it do i do it as Script/origin
KEY :Origin/ Value: LargeFire ??? Do i do this,? Do i need to add someing in my FX Script Files..>>>????

Also how do i make it kill the player if landed on fire, i see there is a kill in radiant tools, do i add this over the fire,if and when i get it working.???

I want this map to be one of my best maps to play on with many kinds of jumps, platform included, many bounce jumps, i even want a fire jump if possible to to jump on a row of fires, (LOL) but have sertan fires that kill to.

all help would be of use and i be gratefull for ANY HELP..

Nekoneko
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: Moving platforms & waterfall & Lava

Post by Nekoneko » May 5th, 2011, 3:47 pm

well. creek has a good waterfall, i might go look in files, if theres something looking like it.

And for moving platforms
Just make a script with moveto.
You might want to make some origins and have the platform move to those origins.

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » May 5th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Google it and you will find tutorials for this

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » May 5th, 2011, 4:10 pm

Nekoneko wrote:well. creek has a good waterfall, i might go look in files, if theres something looking like it.

And for moving platforms
Just make a script with move to.

You might want to make some origins and have the platform move to those origins.

o.k cool, if you find something and can help please let me know, i did play a zombie map last night and it has a small type of water fall (2 in fact) coming out of a waist pipes in a underground tunnel maze ,so it near to what i need... can remember th map now, but im sure my mate i play with will know the map name. know i have a couple of small vis of the game play on my xfire

Nekoneko
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Nekoneko » May 5th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Btw. Creep on another topic (http://codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 24#p152024)
has some cool lava. might wanna go ask him xD

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » May 5th, 2011, 5:50 pm

Nekoneko wrote:Btw. Creep on another topic (http://codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 24#p152024)
has some cool lava. might wanna go ask him xD
Nice find, though it a cod 4 map i hope he might help with info on how to make it on cod4

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » May 6th, 2011, 8:42 am

You can use effectsEd to make your own waterfalls, there are some tutorials.
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » May 6th, 2011, 1:26 pm

waywaaaard wrote:You can use effectsEd to make your own waterfalls, there are some tutorials.
not seen any around on Google or modsonline for waterfall tuts,do you have any links.?

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » May 7th, 2011, 9:00 am

Here you go: http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... l=nl&tl=en

Though I've to warn you that it is Dutch translated to English, but I could follow the tutorial and create a waterfall.
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » May 7th, 2011, 2:21 pm

waywaaaard wrote:Here you go: http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... l=nl&tl=en

Though I've to warn you that it is Dutch translated to English, but I could follow the tutorial and create a waterfall.
Thanks for the help and find but my editor tool wont work, not sure why, i keep getting a shader 3.0.000 error, dont understand it. games run ok and they are shader 3.??? i'll try it on my older pc on moday as im off to visit my farther tomorrow whos in hospital suffering with Alzheimer / Dementia and losing majot loss of weight ,so i be out most of day, i look at it on Monday..