Demos on custom maps

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Demos on custom maps

Post by rB|Liam* » December 13th, 2010, 3:42 am

Hi im just wondering if anyone knows how to help me.

When i try to play a demo that iv recorded on a custom map it say it cannot find the .ff file for the map so i tried going to where it says it could find the file (e.g. activision/call of duty 4/zone/english) and putting the file there, but it still doesnt work :/ im not sure if it has anything to do with the way i updated cod4 1.0 to 1.7.

Please comment if you can help.

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: Demos on custom maps

Post by Shinryu » December 13th, 2010, 9:24 am

You have to put the demo file in a mod folder, for example, CoD4/Mods/CodJumper/Demos. To be honest, I have no idea what compelled you to put the demo in zone. :?

And of course, you'd have to have the mod loaded to play the demo. I'm new to demos, just found this out myself. :)

I've been using XFire this entire time... :lol:

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by rB|Liam* » December 13th, 2010, 3:15 pm

Shinryu wrote:You have to put the demo file in a mod folder, for example, CoD4/Mods/CodJumper/Demos. To be honest, I have no idea what compelled you to put the demo in zone. :?

And of course, you'd have to have the mod loaded to play the demo. I'm new to demos, just found this out myself. :)

I've been using XFire this entire time... :lol:

i put the map in zone because it said it couldnt find it there lol & yer iv tried loading the mod and stuff & the demo automatically saves in the mod

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Shinryu » December 13th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Your map file is in Zone? :? Why? Custom maps should normally be put in either a mod folder or the usermaps folder according to my knowledge. Which map was this exactly?

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by rB|Liam* » December 14th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Shinryu wrote:Your map file is in Zone? :? Why? Custom maps should normally be put in either a mod folder or the usermaps folder according to my knowledge. Which map was this exactly?
it wasnt already in zone it was in the right place but the error i got basically said it was looking in zone for it so i tried putting it there and it still didnt work. and the map was creek which to me isnt really a custom map but custom maps dont work either, only the default maps that you get when u install cod4 :s