textures missing

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Opel
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

textures missing

Post by Opel » April 28th, 2009, 6:21 pm

my texures are all black ive textureded them properly i dunno why its doing it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: textures missing

Post by waywaaaard » April 28th, 2009, 7:40 pm

do you have worldspawn settings?
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 28th, 2009, 10:31 pm

Also, check to see if you have any errors when compiling. If you do, post them there.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 29th, 2009, 2:07 am

Feel free to do the above and then a grid file also.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Daggerblade
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Daggerblade » November 10th, 2009, 7:45 am

If you want to test your map and see any custom textures in them...you have to put the image files in the mod folder of watever mod you are using.....FOR EXAMPLE: ModWarfare
GoTo -> C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\ModWarfare
Create folder called images
put all of the custom .iwi files that you are going to be using in it
now create a WinRar Archive named mp_mapname.iwd //change mapname to watever your map is called obviously!
open the winRar archive(.iwd file) and drag the images folder into it

now Run cod 4, go to mods, select ModWarfare, go to console(`/~) and type: devmap mp_mapname
or /devmap mp_mapname.
All of your custom textures should now show up ^^. This is also how you can change the images of UI elements...i changed the picture that you see when you select a gun...then i also changed the scope :) to do this all you have to do is make an image -> convert to .iwi yadda yadda...dimensions power of 2...yadda yadda, GoTo -> C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main and browse the iw_##.iwd's(MOST weapons in iw_04.iwd!!!) till you find an image you want to replace in your mod...make teh image and name it the same. for example: weapon_rpd_col.iwi <---- Original ----> New sexy looks weapon_rpd_col.iwi

REMEMBER: Images with a _col or _c at the end...thats the color map...this is mostly what you see on a gun In game.
If it doesn't have _col or _c, then it is probably the UI picture...of when you choose your weapons

Note: You might have to Run -> converter and re-compile everything after these changes...but i don't think so

HOPE THIS HELPS! Good lucks!

ALSO!!! Update your Zone file!!