Liftbug found, go everywhere you want

Forum for all kinds of CoD jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Effect
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Effect » January 22nd, 2006, 5:08 am

How do i get it to play... it says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

.... can anyone help?

-venom-
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by -venom- » January 22nd, 2006, 5:14 am

Effect wrote:How do i get it to play... it says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

.... can anyone help?
thats what i got to :(
x-fire: word13

St.Anger
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by St.Anger » January 22nd, 2006, 2:26 pm

Yesterday I uploaded some codec's for a friend of my. It may help u out read the readme.txt file first.
http://www.koel.se/temp/codec.zip
St.Anger [TW]

t3vY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by t3vY » January 22nd, 2006, 3:16 pm

nice bug :wink:
but when me and my friend try to do it we rise up for a few meters and then fell down :cry:
can u tell me why?

Effect
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Effect » January 22nd, 2006, 4:05 pm

even if i install it i have no idea what im doing or were to put it.. i just ran all the files... and it didnt work

Luke

Post by Luke » January 22nd, 2006, 4:30 pm

Its a windows media video, so it should work...try upgrading windows media player if you got below v 10

boog22
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by boog22 » January 22nd, 2006, 5:12 pm

t3vY wrote:nice bug :wink:
but when me and my friend try to do it we rise up for a few meters and then fell down :cry:
can u tell me why?
you have to be insync must be directly behind him and cant fall too far behind, also never let off w or you will fall. i found it easies to use teh sides of the ladders which allows the guy to walk through u instead of bumpin you

t3vY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by t3vY » January 22nd, 2006, 6:49 pm

you have to be insync must be directly behind him and cant fall too far behind, also never let off w or you will fall. i found it easies to use teh sides of the ladders which allows the guy to walk through u instead of bumpin you
tnx :D i ll try it

Effect
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Effect » January 23rd, 2006, 2:39 am

I have Windows Media Player 10.. and i cant upgrade any higher.... all i have to do is double click on it right?.. then it plays it in wmp... but it has that message i stated earlier... :?

Grom

Post by Grom » January 23rd, 2006, 4:42 pm

Try to install some codecs. Kazaa lite codec pack is great, here's a link for it: http://www.codecguide.com/download_mega.htm

Or you can install VideoLan (VLC) Media Player, which is fucking über. I've never got a file that I cant play with this player. It's a really good player tbh. http://www.videolan.org/

Tonttu
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Tonttu » January 23rd, 2006, 9:12 pm

Instead of downloading and installing a huge codec pack I recommed you to get filter like ffdshow
Because it has only decoding features it has a lot smaller filesize than codec packs which install also the encoding features which you probably don't need
It is much better choice to install filter than huge ammount of codecs and then realise that they cause conflicts with each other

You can get the official builds of ffdshow here: http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiwiki ... ng+ffdshow
You can also get some unofficial builds (builds that are not made by the original developer) from here: http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/ffdshow
and here: http://m17n.cool.ne.jp/freeware/mpc/

The newest version of ffdshow has also filter for H.264/MPEG-4 AVC aka MPEG-4 Part 10 decoding although to enable .mkv and .mp4 file playback you need Haali Media Splitter aka MatroskaSplitter to get media players to support MP4 and MKV containers

I have heard that VideoLan (VLC) media player is good but personally I haven't tested it. VLC also has H.264 decoder, infact ffdshow's decoding filter is from libavcodec that uses VideoLan's H.264 decoding
Also open source H.264 codec called x264 has been made from VideoLan's source

At the moment I have only ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter and Ogg DirectShow Filter (for adding Ogg container support for media players) installed and I haven't had any problems playing videos. I also have XviD and x264 codecs installed for encoding purposes only

Ares
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Ares » January 26th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Nice man,

me and my friend tried it and it worked!! Nice guys!!

Ares
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Ares » January 26th, 2006, 6:16 pm

Decoy is also good!!! with the mines

=(LF)= KnakWorst
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by =(LF)= KnakWorst » January 27th, 2006, 3:04 pm

OMFG that rules...i love it :lol:
Is it because I is black?

Infiniti

Post by Infiniti » January 28th, 2006, 1:04 am

I get it now, the person going up neeeds to be directly in or just a bit under the person at top, so they both move very close together, me and my mate, Got VERY high, should have recorded it but hey, who thought we could do it, if u are not close to eachother it WONT work well..