Sound Converting

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Lethal323

Sound Converting

Post by Lethal323 » August 2nd, 2007, 11:24 pm

What programs do you guys use to convert MP3 to Proper vcod wav?

I just tried using Audio Converter but when I loaded the map, I got the longest error you will ever see in your life...

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » August 2nd, 2007, 11:42 pm

The main thing is that the wav is mono to work in cod. I recently discovered itunes has a good converter built in, if you go to edit>preferences, advanced then importing tab, change import using: to WAV encoder, below that you can select custom settings like channels and sample rate. Now when you open the mp3 in itunes, you can right click on it and you'll see "convert selection to wav" option.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » August 2nd, 2007, 11:57 pm

for such things I would recommend Nero Wave Editor -> dunno how it's in your country but most poeple here use Nero as their burinign prgiramme
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Lethal323

Post by Lethal323 » August 3rd, 2007, 12:02 am

I have used nero before...

Thanks luke itunes worked...

Now I got another prob. The music isnt loading?!?!? It isnt playing

I made my script_model named it jolted_speaker

GSC:

Code: Select all

jolted_music()
{
speaker = getent ("jolted_speaker","targetname");
{
wait(1);
speaker playsound ("downwiththesickness");
wait(279);
speaker playsound ("scream");
wait(271);
}
}

CSV:

Code: Select all

,name,name of the alias that is used to play this sound (required)
,sequence,"used to uniquely identify alias entries when more than one sound goes to an alias, used only to catch unwanted duplicates (default = 0) "
,file,the name of the file that contains the sound data (required)
,vol_min,"0 is silent, 1 is full volume (default = 1) "
,vol_max,"0 is silent, 1 is full volume (default = same as vol_min) "
,pitch_min,"1 is normal playback, 2 is twice as fast, 0.5 is half as fast (default = 1) "
,pitch_max,"1 is normal playback, 2 is twice as fast, 0.5 is half as fast (default = same as pitch_min) "
,dist_min,"within this distance in inches, the sound is always full volume (default = 120) "
,dist_max,"outside this distance in inches, the sound is not started.  If left blank or set to 0, the sound will play from any distance.  This does not affect sound volume falloff. "
,channel,"auto, menu, weapon, voice, item, body, local, music, announcer (default = auto) "
,type,streamed / loaded (default = loaded)
,probability,weight to use for the weighted probability of playing this sound instead of another sound (default = 1)
,loop,"whether this sound is ""looping"" or ""nonlooping"" (default = ""nonlooping"") "
,masterslave,"if ""master"", this is a master sound.  If a number, then this sound won't exceed this volume whenever any master sound is playing.  If blank, then neither master nor slave. "
,loadspec,"space-separated list of which maps should use this alias; eg, ""burnville dawnville"".  If blank, the alias is used on all maps. "

name,sequence,file,vol_min,vol_max,pitch_min,pitch_max,dist_min,dist_max,channel,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle

null,1,null.wav,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#Sounds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
downwiththesickness,,downwiththesickness.wav,3,3,,,2000,2000,auto,,,nonlooping,,,
scream,,scream.wav,3,3,,,2000,2000,auto,,,nonlooping,,,

Luke

Post by Luke » August 3rd, 2007, 12:21 am

Couple things wrong with the csv..you need to put in the path of the file, so if you put them in sound/misc, you would put misc/downwiththesickness.wav for the file path. Another thing is your vol min and max values, you put 3 but 1 is full volume.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Lethal323

Post by Lethal323 » August 3rd, 2007, 12:30 am

I fixed those errors, Didnt work...

Add me to xfire: dizzymagoo