Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

atze<3
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Beta news

Post by atze<3 » October 18th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Hi everyone,

We're rapidly approaching the PC BETA, and as such I wanted to lay out a few key features to the PC version of CoD:WW, and what ramifications it will have on the PC BETA.

First, the entire key authentication / master server paradigm is changing for the first time in a Call of Duty PC title. In CoD:WW, you will be authenticating in-game against a more global master server. This server will keep track of and maintain unique Profile names (like a screenname) which will be tied to your CD Key. So while username / passwords will not be required to play our game, you will have globally unique profile names.

Why are we doing this? Because also for the first time ever in a Call of Duty PC title, we're bringing Friends and Invites (which are typically console staples) to the PC. So we have built-in Friends functionality. You can add friends, filter your servers by Friends (see which servers your friends are playing in), join their servers, etc. You can also invite any online friends to come join you in your current game. We didn't want the new Squad mechanics we've developed to get watered down on the PC, which is ultimately why we decided to bring you Friends & Invites, and thus globally unique profile names.

Now we understand that clan tags can change frequently, and it would be obnoxious and not very user friendly to keep changing your profile name. So we've added in clan tag prefixes, which will show up in-game. This should allow you to take full advantage of our Friends & Invites features, and still be able to make yourself more uniquely identifiable in-game.

So what does this have to do with the BETA?

You will be required to enter a CD Key for the BETA, much like you will when you get the full game this November. These PC keys will be available to all registered users of CallOfDuty.com, including any new users who sign up after the PC BETA releases. These keys aren't intended to limit the BETA to a certain number of players; they are here to allow you to create these unique profile names for our Friends and Invites features.

How will BETA servers work?

The PC BETA will pretty much be a limited MP distribution of our game. So you will be able to host your own servers, and GSP's will be able to sell BETA servers and put up as many dedicated servers as they'd like. All of this will function as if it were a regular Multiplayer game. It's important to note, that for the BETA, the dedicated server will be Windows only.

Will our XP / accounts / friends transfer over from the BETA?

No, all accounts will be deleted after the BETA, just like on the Xbox 360.

More specifics on when the BETA will be released, how it will be released, and where you'll be receiving your keys will be made available in my next update. Rest assured, we want to get you this BETA just as badly as you want to play it, so your patience is appreciated.

Regards,
-JD

nhiverson wrote: JD i got a question lets say i put my username as nhiverson so whenever i play WaW my name will always be nhiverson or can i change my name using console /name namehere?

No. As with AIM screennames or forum screennames, you cannot change them. This would make friends lists confusing (if one day you added JD_2020 and the next day Bob_3030 was in your friends list). You will pick a name, and to get a new one you must create a new profile.

You can edit your clan tag in-game as you would your name in current Call of Duty PC titles, however.

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Beta news

Post by BlueDamselfly » October 18th, 2008, 3:07 pm

:D i knew it :P so cool :D beta soon yayy lol
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

helium
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by helium » October 18th, 2008, 3:07 pm

awesome, looking forward to it

does anyone know why it doesnt work to register on the website though? it says that i'm registered but refuses to let me log in.

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » October 18th, 2008, 3:30 pm

No more undercover adminning :(
P.S.V. Kampioen!

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by BlueDamselfly » October 18th, 2008, 5:15 pm

if theres clan tag there might be freeze jump on pc :( :( :( lol
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 18th, 2008, 7:55 pm

No changing name?

Thats fucking ridiculous, why they even thought that up I don't know.
Look like I shall be creating 3 profiles.

- CoDJumper
- Solo/Private
- Undercover Admin

They are trying to bring Console to the PC, lets just hope it isn't a shitty console port game.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 18th, 2008, 7:59 pm

fucking gay.

No name change, wtf ?
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

The Dude
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by The Dude » October 19th, 2008, 1:53 am

wait -> see -> grump :roll:

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » October 19th, 2008, 2:30 am

The Dude wrote:wait -> see -> grump :roll:
Lol.
aicaramba wrote:No more undercover adminning :(
You just have to make a new profile like Drof said, but when you make a new profile it will be level 1?.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 19th, 2008, 2:35 am

not really. You can probably just copy and paste all your mpdata crap into your new profile folder, unless they have modified the previous ranking and profile system with some type of online database which affects how stats are stored.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » October 19th, 2008, 2:37 am

Soviet wrote:not really. You can probably just copy and paste all your mpdata crap into your new profile folder, unless they have modified the previous ranking and profile system with some type of online database which affects how stats are stored.
Yeah, well a level 55 hack should be out sooner or later :P.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 19th, 2008, 3:24 am

*CoDJumper.com does not support or condone the use of hacks in any circumstance or for any reason. We are a clean community based on finding built in flaws, and would never link to, allow, or personally use hacks of any type.

:roll:
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Innkeeper
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Innkeeper » October 20th, 2008, 3:06 am

pwnz is right, i think this will allow for freeze jumping on pc :X

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » October 20th, 2008, 5:38 am

Soviet wrote:*CoDJumper.com does not support or condone the use of hacks in any circumstance or for any reason. We are a clean community based on finding built in flaws, and would never link to, allow, or personally use hacks of any type.

:roll:
JDogg does support the use of Level 55 hacks, because he thinks that the ranking system was made for newbs and is of no real use for good players. He doe's not however support rape, gangs, and aimbots/wallhacks.

helium
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by helium » October 20th, 2008, 8:54 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:fucking gay.

No name change, wtf ?
i cant even make an account... :/ so i wont be able to play at all, YAY