General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Warning: Avoid K3 mod and any Kill3r mods

Post by Drofder2004 » May 25th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Dan2002300313 wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:A guy called " -7- " (or close to) was the person who decompiled it. He a very good modder and a very highly skilled one at that. Like I said, it is illegal for a police officer to go snooping without any evidence, so what was he doing inside his ff file as to our knowledge the "backdoor" was undetectable?
Kill3r posted a bunch of times stating that he had "secrets" in his mod, and "something that only he can use" and things like that, personally when I read those I wanted to find out what it was, just to be the first person who found it out... though I didn't know about decompiling etc. and wasn't really bothered - never downloaded the mod anyway...
Well, that sums up that mystery, but then it opens another one up also. If Kill3r was intending to do something malicious why did he mention these secrets.

That would be like a successful bank robber telling the police he has a substantial amount of money buried in his garden.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Dan2k3k4
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Dan2k3k4 » May 25th, 2008, 3:34 pm

He's 16, wouldn't suprise me if he couldn't keep a secret... I don't think he wanted to do malicious things, but given his age and maturity, he probably did a few 'malicious' things, I'm sure he's probably used his aimbot a few times for half the map or something... and I'm sure he's kicked a few players from his mod servers... otherwise it'd be pointless to incorporate something into a mod and not actually use it at least once...

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 25th, 2008, 3:42 pm

But as far as I am concerned, there is no proof he used the aimbot out of testing, and in my books you are innocent until proven guilty. It is the word of us against him and the only person with the proof is -7- and himself.
As I have said, what he done WAS stupid, no doubt, but the way he is being treated is pathetic. Have a read over at RGN if you really want to read some pathetic things, such as contacting local authorities on a 16 year old kid modding a game and using a LEGAL aimbot (if he did use it, what he used was IW functions, not 3rd party software) and for being able to view the server password. This password did NOT give him access to the server only REMOTE CONSOLE.

the worst he could do is change cvars or close the server.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Dan2k3k4
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Dan2k3k4 » May 25th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Aye it is really harsh, but the possibility of using the RCON to gain a bunch of guids/pb guids then using a 3rd party software which will "clone the guid" onto your PC - so that you can technically run around and then aimbot and get that guid banned... I'm not too sure how but I know people who have had there guid stolen (not cd key) :? which is random, but I know a few people who have suddenly found themself banned on PBBans for not even playing in the server...

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 25th, 2008, 4:28 pm

He just fucked ihmself up, his own fault. I don't care.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

atze<3
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by atze<3 » July 24th, 2008, 9:08 pm