steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Topic: [Tutorial] Zombies Game Mode - EASY - By Hercules

Post by steveuk » November 26th, 2008, 8:55 am

Topic: [Tutorial] Zombies Game Mode - EASY -
By Hercules

Adding Zombie Game-Mode to your Map

Hello and welcome to the Zombie game-mode tutorial, You may have seen the Tutorial on zombie game-mode over at Treyarch, but this tutorial is aimed at more of the newer mappers! By the way Sparks great tutorial and thx for all the help!!

Step 1: (Naming your map)

So im guessing you have made your Geo/Map and are ready to implement Zombies to your map! Sweet!
The first thing we need to do to make sure there are no errors when compiling or when ever later.. We all hate errors !! ;P

Save your map name with the prefix nazi_zombie_ then your map name so obviously it will be nazi_zombie_yourmapname! Great lets go to step 2.

Step 2: (Making spawn points)

Next we need to add your Spawn points for you and your buddys!

Right click in the 2D Grid and go to Info>>>Player>>>Start You will only need one of these due to the fact that the other spawn points will be Script_structs

Right, now add (4) script_structs, you add these by right clicking in the 2D Grid and go down to Script>>>Struct

Then give all 4 of the Script_structs the key and values as shown here... *Press N to bring up the entity window*

Key: "targetname"
Value: "initial_spawn_points"

Step 3: (Placing zombies in your map)

Now we will have to place the zombie spawn points, So right click in the 2D Grid view and go to Actor>>Axis>> and Select zombie_ger_ber_sshonor now give him

some Keys & Values. *Press N to bring up the entity window*

"script_noteworthy" "zombie_spawner"
"count" "9999"
"script_forcespawn" "1"
"targetname" "zombie_spawner_init"
"spawnflags" "3"

Once you have given the zombie the Keys and Values,

Place about 2 or 3 at each spawn location!

Step 4: (Placing nodes/Walkways for your zombies)

Now once you have placed your zombies in the map, We are going to have to make a walkway for the zombie to walk along or they will be just stood there

So Right click in the 2D View and goto Node then click on pathnode, now you should see a pink box, Great! now you have to set a trail from where your zombie

spawns to a window or door so the zombie can attack etc. Place pathnodes at regular intervals (128 units) throughout the map and ensure they do not overlap

with any other nodes. (I advise you to make 2 or 3 different paths for the zombie to walk on, because they will all be following 1 path!

Step 5: (Placing boards on your windows)

To simply add boards to your windows Right click in the 2D View and goto Misc>>>Prefab and then go into the folder ZombieMode and select Window_Med.map and

place it over your window.. You will see arrows pointing out from the 2 red boxes.. This means the direction the arrows are pointing, thats the way the

zombies come through the windows! Now that is done we need to add the animation for when the zombie reaches the window and then he climbs through! This is

done with traversals, Dont worry there is a prefab already done for you! Just right click in the 2D Grid View and goto Misc>>>Prefab select Traverse, Find and select the prefab Wall_Hop.map, Now place it on your windows, (You will see a brush with the texture traverse on it) this allows us to correctly line up our window for a perfect wall_hop animation.

Step 6: (Placing Blockers & buy triggers)

So you want to block a place off and use it later on if you get into trouble with zombies? Ok its simple..

I assume you have your place made that you want blocked off? ok good!

Now make a script_model and assign any model you want to block off the path to your other room! Now lets give it some keys & Values
*Press N to bring up the entity window*

"script_linkTo" "1" (this needs to be 1 to make it unique, Read below)
"spawnflags" "1"
"targetname" "couch1" << Im using couch1 because its easier for me and you to understand (you can use anyname you want)
"script_firefx" "poltergeist"
"script_fxid" "large_ceiling_dust"
"script_noteworthy" "jiggle"

Now thats done we need to make a script_struct so when you buy the blocker it has a place to move to..

so right click in the 2D grid view and goto script_struct and place it where you want the blocker to move to, once you placed it we need to give it some keys

and values so *Press N to bring up the entity window*

"script_linkName" "1"

as you notice here its "1" the same as script_linkto why these are both "1" that means they are linked to each other, but if you want more than one blocker

you need to change this to "2" and so on and so forth *obviously*

Right once you done both of them you should see a Red Line connected to the Script_struct and the Blocker you made if you see this then GREAT!! if not, re-read carefully, i know its abit confusing! Now we need create the trigger so you can actually buy the blocker..

So create a brush where you want to buy the blocker, then right click on the brush you made in the 2D View and go to Trigger>>>Use now lets give it some Keys and Values.. *Press N to bring up entity window*

"targetname" "zombie_debris"
"zombie_cost" ""
"target" "couch1" << This is the same as the targetname we gave our couch earlier

Zombie cost is left blank because you have to set the price yourself, Below are the prices available to use.

Zombie Costs

Right, I think maybe some of you are wondering when your playing zombies and you go upstairs or open the room with the magic box in it, why zombies start to

go to them rooms, Well its simple You make another zombie spawn location and you have to target the couch TO the zombies, But if you want to do this then

when you make the NEW zombie you have to give him a DIFFERENT targetname than the rest of the zombies because when you select the couch then the zombie and

press W you will see all of the zombies connect, but we only want the NEW ZOMBIE to connect so you have to give the new zombie a different targetname than

the others it can be anything! So when you give him a new targetname, Select the couch, then the NEW zombie and press W, he should be connected, so when you

buy the blocker, he will start to spawn! Easy to follow? Yay!

Ohh almost forgot, When you make the new zombies target the blocker, you have to make the zombie target a script_strict to tell it to goto this window,
so you make a script_struct and place it near the window you want the zombie to goto, then select the script_struct THEN select the zombie and press W!

Step 7: (Buyable Guns)

Buyable guns are unique like blockers

Right so you have your zombies setup and your blockers now you want to add guns? Ok cool, So right click in the 2D View and make a Script_model. and assign the model of the gun you want and place it on the wall. Right now we need to make the Buy Trigger..

so make a brush where you want to buy the gun from, and then right click in the 2D View and go to Trigger>>Use Now Select the Trigger THEN the Gun model and

Press W, You should see a red line connect to it now Ok good, Now we need to give the TRIGGER some keys and values, So select the trigger enter these..

"targetname" "weapon_upgrade"
"zombie_weapon_upgrade" ""

The Zombie_weapon_upgrade needs the value of the WEAPON FILE, Below are the Weapon file names

Pistols
colt
colt_dirty_harry
walther
sw_357

Semi Auto
m1carbine
m1garand
gewehr43

Full Auto
stg44
thompson
mp40

Bolt Action
kar98k
springfield

Scoped
ptrs41_zombie
kar98k_scoped_zombie

Grenade
molotov
fraggrenade
stielhandgranate

Grenade Launcher
m1garand_gl
m7_launcher

Flamethrower
m2_flamethrower_zombie

Shotgun
doublebarrel
doublebarrel_sawed_grip
shotgun

Bipod
fg42_bipod
mg42_bipod
30cal_bipod

Heavy MG
bar

Rocket Launcher
panzerschrek

Special
ray_gun

Step 8: (Playable area)

Playable area is used to make sure power ups don't spawn outside the contained areas of map where players aren't able to reach the power up.

To make a playable area, make a trigger_multiple in your map and give it the keys and values

"targetname" "playable_area"

You can only have ONE playable area trigger in your map! You can split it up however, but you can only have one.

Step 9: (Treasure Chest and weapon cabinet)

Treasure Chest

The treasure chest is a prefab that you can easily through into your map, it is: _prefabs\zombiemode\treasure_chest.map

Weapon Cabinet

The weapon cabinet is a prefab that you can easily through into your map, it is: _prefabs\zombiemode\weapon_cabinet.map

Now we need to make the FX .gsc so make a new gsc in your /raw/maps folder and call it the name of your map with the extended _fx so it will be
nazi_zombie_yourmap_fx.gsc and copy and paste this script in it then SAVE.

Step 11: (Zone Source)

There are two important zone sources here: yourmapname.csv and zombiemode.csv, both go in [root]\zone_source

DONT FORGET TO CHANGE IN THIS SCRIPT YOURMAPNAME has to be your map name obviously!!

Okay, Were all done, Compile and have fun slaying zombies!! BELOW is the .map and the scripts for my zombie test map so if you get confused take alook in there..

Ive uploaded the files to here (modsonline) waiting for them to be approved!

edited on Nov. 25, 2008 07:31 am by Hercules

HERE IS THE LINK TO SOURCE FILES
http://www.modsonline.com/Downloads-full-4765.html

and here is the link to the zombie tut that sparks made on treyarch wiki
http://wiki.treyarch.com/wiki/Custom_Nazi_Zombie_Maps

zipperdude
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Topic: [Tutorial] Zombies Game Mode - EASY - By Hercules

Post by zipperdude » November 4th, 2009, 12:29 pm

Hey made thanks for the tutorial on zombie mod its exactly what i wanted. plus its simple and to the point which saves me time from not getting confused lol. (bad eyes make it hard to read and keep concentrated.)
Im about to copy and paste this info to a doc and play around with this in school today haha.

and one thing is this for single player? it may have said but i didnt notice :S

and one more thing with the nodes do you just have to put the nodes to the window and theyll figure out them selves or what?
Show me what lies just beyond my eyes
Would you take me to the world where my spirit flies?
Tell me is that really fact or a pack of lies?

Twiztid = By . Blink = Song.
[color=#00FF00]Drofder2004[/color] wrote:Its not out of nowhere, I carry it in my backpack, with my elephant, 32 pets, a spare pair of leggings, 20 fish feasts, a staff I use to magically disenchant things, a stone I can use to travel home, 20000 arrows, a portable stable with a gorilla, a cat and a wolf, 20 bandages and massive quantity of cloth.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 4th, 2009, 9:59 pm

zipperdude wrote:My three favorite things about life :
1. Females
2. Insane Clown Posse
3. Vista
Which ones a lie?
Please tell me it is #2...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

zipperdude
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by zipperdude » November 5th, 2009, 6:44 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
zipperdude wrote:My three favorite things about life :
1. Females
2. Insane Clown Posse
3. Vista
Which ones a lie?
Please tell me it is #2...

haha fuck that shit drofter... juggalo till death. I got suspended from collage for fights because ppl talk shit to me about icp (everything i wear is ic almost not boxers or socks.) so i stand my ground. thank the lord my jap neighboor convinced me to stay in ti jutsu and ti quando and my dad to do wrestling and football. gotta stand my ground against 4 ppl somehow stupid ass teacher and counsiler said i should say sorry and walk away... sorry for what ? and id rather go down swinging that look like a bitch haha. grand dad always told me that... rip papa

Its vista btw.

[color=#00FF00]Drofder2004[/color] wrote:Its not out of nowhere, I carry it in my backpack, with my elephant, 32 pets, a spare pair of leggings, 20 fish feasts, a staff I use to magically disenchant things, a stone I can use to travel home, 20000 arrows, a portable stable with a gorilla, a cat and a wolf, 20 bandages and massive quantity of cloth.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 7th, 2009, 1:39 am

KillerSam wrote:You do realise that this is the online world, you can be who ever you want to be...and you chose to be yourself? :?
I lol'd.

Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

zipperdude
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by zipperdude » November 14th, 2009, 7:02 am

KillerSam wrote: You do realise that this is the online world, you can be who ever you want to be...and you chose to be yourself? :?
lmao i love those pics. honestly i do love insane clown posse. but i dont go that far with it. i never paint my face or throw up wicked clown signs. i only have a hat thats icp and a few of there shirts. besides " you can be who you want to be.... and you choose yourself?" my response to that is lmao its too fucking hard to remember anything that i make up and act as if i live a different life than i do. lieing is a pain in the ass to remember lol. I laughed so hard when i read that tho...

this one i find halarious.