COD2

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

COD2

Post by Neon » April 23rd, 2005, 4:56 pm

I was just thinking about cod2. Obviouly its not gonna have the quake 3 engine . So wont this make the fps usless for better jumps. (/com_maxfps 125...ect).
Just wondering

Neon

P.S im am putting up a new jump server (my own) having some probs with paying though lol
:lol:

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: COD2

Post by Drofder2004 » April 23rd, 2005, 5:02 pm

Neon wrote:I was just thinking about cod2. Obviouly its not gonna have the quake 3 engine . So wont this make the fps usless for better jumps. (/com_maxfps 125...ect).
Just wondering

Neon

P.S im am putting up a new jump server (my own) having some probs with paying though lol
:lol:
All we know is that it is not the Quake 3 Engine. We do not know if it is still a quake style engine.

I hoonestly do believe that CoD2 will put all us Jumpers out of action, even if it is the same style of engine, the mappers for CoD have started to put clips on everything (look at Tigertown, the most stupid places have clips)

/me prays for Q3 style engine :)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

woCooM
Past/Inactive Team Member
PSN ID: Sanctifico

Post by woCooM » April 23rd, 2005, 5:13 pm

hehe yeah im just waiting for the mapping tools for CoD2 to be released... then i can get moving with some intresting ideas ive been working on that arnt quite possable in the q3 enviroment
Some People Look Back on WWII, I LIVE IT!
Для Матb россия!

Noodle

Post by Noodle » April 23rd, 2005, 8:04 pm

There will still be jumps in CoD2, like there are jumps in CoD that dont need 125 fps or strafing. Just wont be as many i doubt. Maybe there will be some new technique with the new engine, something stupid like Colt45 jumping :P. Nade jumps and panzer jumps would still work i should think.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 24th, 2005, 1:09 am

Noodle wrote:There will still be jumps in CoD2, like there are jumps in CoD that dont need 125 fps or strafing. Just wont be as many i doubt. Maybe there will be some new technique with the new engine, something stupid like Colt45 jumping :P. Nade jumps and panzer jumps would still work i should think.
There will always be jumps, but not jumps that do anything special. Like trying to Trickjump in Americas Army of Doom or something :P
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Monkey

Post by Monkey » April 24th, 2005, 11:24 am

lol, well im getting cod2 when its out, and im gunna go thru the maps and se what i can find

woCooM

Post by woCooM » April 25th, 2005, 8:24 am

lol im just gonna become the best CoD2 player ever lol
Для Матb россия!

Ownia

Post by Ownia » April 25th, 2005, 2:18 pm

I'm gonna get COD 5 when it comes out on the COD engine :D
thats gonan happen .. i hope :D

Inferiority of the voice inside made me turn my back on...

Noodle

Post by Noodle » April 25th, 2005, 4:14 pm

Lies woCooM, i'll be the best at CoD2 :P

Tsunami
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Tsunami » April 25th, 2005, 5:05 pm

I hope the CoD2 community will be better then what happend in UO realse, everybody hated it :(

Dan2k3k4
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Dan2k3k4 » April 25th, 2005, 5:18 pm

Old new now I guess :P but:

[19TS]Gen.*=DaN=* wrote:Taken off the Modsonline.com forums!

Jdawgg writes...
ACTIVISION'S INFINITY WARD IN DEVELOPMENT ON CALL OF DUTY 2

Santa Monica, CA - April 7, 2005 - Attention soldiers! Activision,
Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and acclaimed developer Infinity Ward are back in
action with Call of Duty 2(tm), an all new epic title which delivers
an unparalleled portrayal of the chaos and intensity that was World
War II. The sequel to the award-winning Call of Duty(tm), Call of Duty
2 is powered by a proprietary new engine featuring striking new
visuals, advanced A.I. technology, the most realistic squad combat and
explosive action in new historic campaigns. The title is scheduled for
release this fall and is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Call of Duty 2 lets players experience four individual soldier stories
as they overcome insurmountable odds in multiple campaigns. Players
have the freedom to follow each of the four storylines through for the
ultimate character-driven experience, or they can engage in the
historic battles chronologically for quick hitting action.

Infinity Ward, creator of the blockbuster, original Call of Duty, has
also expanded the scope of combat to deliver a truly realistic
battlefield experience. Squads now have the freedom to take on a
variety of mission objectives, on expansive battlefields that allow
for multiple paths and the ability to utilize actual combat tactics
like outflanking and fire and maneuver capabilities.

Call of Duty 2's new engine and A.I. technology set the stage for
authentic squad combat and astonishing action. Concealment can be key
as battlefield smoke or even deployed smoke grenades cloud visibility.
Weather effects such as the dusty sandstorms of North Africa and
whiteout blizzard conditions of Russia, for example, will keep
soldiers glued to their bunkers. The team has also employed a
state-of-the-art Battle Chatter System that brings the action to life
as squad-mates bark out context-sensitive updates in real-time to
players through an advanced A.I. system.

"Our team at Infinity Ward is committed to thrusting gamers into the
heat of battle like no other, taking players on a thrill-ride of
adrenaline that leaves everyone gasping for air," states Grant
Collier, president, Infinity Ward. "In Call of Duty 2, we are creating
the most intense and realistic action game imaginable with a stunning
visual atmosphere and an advanced technology that delivers an
unprecedented level of authenticity."
So... They CONFIRMED that CoD 2 is running on THEIR OWN ENGINE - brand spanking new...

"... Call of Duty 2 is powered by a proprietary new engine..."

That means it is NOT the Doom 3 engine, is NOT the Quake 3 engine, and is not a modified version of any existing engine on the market... I believe "proprietary new" means it is an engine built for Call of Duty 2, much like Monolith's game engine for "F.E.A.R." (an upcoming FPS horror thriller).

So that should answer a bunch of questions. Firstly, that means maps will MOST LIKELY not port from UO to CoD 2. However, they are building their own engine, so they could, in theory, add that support. But it is not likely because they'd have to include all the original textures and models along with all the new stuff, making it a very VERY large game.

Also, since it is Infinity Ward developing the new game and new engine, it means their SDK (mapping tools) will likely be VERY similar to the CoD Radiant and Gradient. So we wont have to re-learn all new tools or anything like that, which is a plus. Just look at Half-Life to Half-Life 2 - very similar editors. They do it that way so the level designers that work for IW can start making their new maps for CoD 2 without a learning curve.

It also verifies the title of the game as being "Call of Duty 2" because they have the (tm) at the end. So it won't have any classy "United Offensive"-like tag on it, it is going to be like "Battlefield 2" only it will be Call of Duty 2

Foyleman, please post this on the front page :)
-Jdawgg

edited on Apr. 7, 2005 06:48 pm by Jdawgg

edited on Apr. 7, 2005 06:50 pm by Jdawgg
madcrow writes...
madcrow reporting in...

Well i have some new COD 2 info for you guys care of COD Infobase

CoD2 will feature player classes

1. Medic - can heal soldiers (morphine) and stop bleeding; has a rifle, pistol, and combat knife

2. Radio Operator - can call in air support and mark objectives on the map; has a rifle, pistol, combat knife, and binoculars

3. Heavy Machine Gunner - can operate heavy machine guns; has a machine gun, pistol, and combat knife

4. Tank Operator - can drive tanks; has a rifle, pistol, and combat knife

5. Sniper - has a sniper rifle, pistol, and combat knife

6. Artillery Soldier - can operate mortars and artillery

7. Engineer - can place mines; has a rifle, pistol, and combat knife

8. Anti-Tank Infantry - can operate rocket weapons and destroy tanks; has a rifle, pistol, and combat knife

9. Infantry - has submachine gun or rifle, pistol, and combat knife

10. Flamethrower - has flamethrower, pistol, and combat knife

Furthermore, it has been said that buildings in Call of Duty 2 will be destructable, and there will be new tanks with which to destroy them. In addition to the tanks, there will be new miscellaneous vehicles such as motorcycles.

- No more endlessly respawning enemies. What this means that if the enemy sends reinforcements to a particular location, then another objective will become vulnerable (the game will feature multiple objectives during each mission)

- Game world will be MUCH bigger than the original; battles will be 5 times larger than those in the original CoD

The new theme/storylines
CoD 2 will still take place during the second World War. There will be three new campaigns: a British one, a Russian and an American. The British campaign will take you to the North-African desert which results in new environments. Your character in this campaign will be sergeant Davis. In the Russian campaign you will change from character to become Vassili Ivanovich Koslov, a private. The actions here will most likely take place around Moscow and the thre will most likely be moved all the way to Berlin. In the American campaign you are captain Bill Taylor. This campaign will send you on some top secret missions.

Gameplay
The developers promise CoD 2 to become more intense and more authentic. To make sure the game is authentic they have hired a captain and colonel to advise them on authenticity. But off course they also want to make the game bigger. The locations will be bigger and you will experience more freedom in the missions. They promise to make the missions non-linear and to have multiple ways to finish a mission. There will also be 15 new weapons including the “Gewehr 43” and the Russian “SVT-40”.

The graphic engine, sound and A.I.
For CoD 2 Infinaty Ward will use a new graphic engine. Smoke grenades will be more realistic and affect the A.I. The weather conditions will also be improved. Besides this a few technologies will be used like specular maps (which will make light reflect differently on every sort of object or place on an object) and normal mapping.
The A.I. will be rewritten and will make your team mates smarter. You won’t be able to give orders but they will take cover, give suppressive fire, etc.
In the field of sound the developers will introduce the Battle Chatter System. Every soldier on the battlefield will have an unique voice and about 500 words to make himself clear. Combined with the new A.I. they will give usefull information depending on the situation.

http://www.codboards.com/index.php?showtopic=6428

Pictures...

Initial, tantalizing details on Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 2 have materialised courtesy of a preview in the latest edition of the US version of PC Gamer magazine.

According to reports, the PC Gamer article reveals that the follow-up to the original game will once again throw players into US, English and American World War II campaigns. Campaigns are set in Normandy (presumably US, and which looks like it will feature the D-Day landings), North Africa (English, we guess) and Stalingrad - which can only be the Russian campaign, really.

Interestingly, apparently hints are dropped that the sequel may feature a German campaign too, and it's noted that Infinity Ward is steering away from the linearity of Call of Duty by allowing us to tackle the campaigns in any order. Gameplay which is more open-ended in style is also being talked up.
Infinity Ward is building Call of Duty 2 on a proprietary game engine boasting whizz-bang features, so expect visual improvements across the board and levels apparently measured in miles. Squad dynamic is also being buffed up and even sweat and tears are being poured into plot relation with the promise that the experience will give the nose of emotion a significant tweak.

Did a little homework hope its helpful..

madcrow signing off...
Taken from iwnation.com forums!
Jay!,Apr 7 2005, 06:40 PM wrote: Santa Monica, CA - April 7, 2005 - Attention soldiers! Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and acclaimed developer Infinity Ward are back in action with Call of Duty 2, an all new epic title which delivers an unparalleled portrayal of the chaos and intensity that was World War II. The sequel to the award-winning Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 is powered by a proprietary new engine featuring striking new visuals, advanced A.I. technology, the most realistic squad combat and explosive action in new historic campaigns. The title is scheduled for release this fall and is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Call of Duty 2 lets players experience four individual soldier stories as they overcome insurmountable odds in multiple campaigns. Players have the freedom to follow each of the four storylines through for the ultimate character-driven experience, or they can engage in the historic battles chronologically for quick hitting action.

Infinity Ward, creator of the blockbuster, original Call of Duty, has also expanded the scope of combat to deliver a truly realistic battlefield experience. Squads now have the freedom to take on a variety of mission objectives, on expansive battlefields that allow for multiple paths and the ability to utilize actual combat tactics like outflanking and fire and maneuver capabilities.

Call of Duty 2's new engine and A.I. technology set the stage for authentic squad combat and astonishing action. Concealment can be key as battlefield smoke or even deployed smoke grenades cloud visibility. Weather effects such as the dusty sandstorms of North Africa and whiteout blizzard conditions of Russia, for example, will keep soldiers glued to their bunkers. The team has also employed a state-of-the-art Battle Chatter System that brings the action to life as squad-mates bark out context-sensitive updates in real-time to players through an advanced A.I. system.
"Our team at Infinity Ward is committed to thrusting gamers into the heat of battle like no other, taking players on a thrill-ride of adrenaline that leaves everyone gasping for air," states Grant Collier, president, Infinity Ward. "In Call of Duty 2, we are creating the most intense and realistic action game imaginable with a stunning visual atmosphere and an advanced technology that delivers an unprecedented level of authenticity."

woCooM

Post by woCooM » April 25th, 2005, 6:55 pm

well it all sounds nice but if its 3rd person ill just bin it lol "notice that all the screenshots are taken from a third person perspective" also notice that 3rd person shooters "SUCK DONKEY DICK"

so it BETTER be 1st person!
Для Матb россия!

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » April 25th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Yeah i aggree 3rd person shooters suck cock. (but the multiplayer on freedom fighters is gr8).
Fingers crossed.

Neon

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » April 25th, 2005, 8:47 pm

O yeah wocoom. Is that you in the pic. If it is do u do field target shooting or just hunting. I do 10m pistol and rifle

woCooM

Post by woCooM » April 25th, 2005, 9:27 pm

neon i dont feild shoot as such ... well i have been known to go shooting on military ranges with some of the guys lol

nah i participate in WWII reenactments as British 51HD, German Fallschrimjager (Regiment9 3rd Batalion), and soon the russian 80th rifle gards!

so i guess you i could say , tally for mother seig heil russia ho
Для Матb россия!