-Mag-Jumps

Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

-Mag-Jumps

Post by -Mag-DooM » November 13th, 2007, 11:09 am

-Mag- is at it again in Call of Duty 4. This time we've found an outrageous number of jumps and glitches. Over the next week or two we're going to be putting them into a big video and post it on youtube or something.

We've also found several glitches, though most of them are just very minor.
One of them, however, allows you to jump about 1-2x as high as the player height (depending on how well it's executed. We wont be releasing this one as of yet, but we will show videos and screenshots of where we've gotten using it.) We are still learning this jump and getting the feel for it. We're practicing alot (not quite as much as we did to get offmap in beltot) but we are practicing alot!

Also, incase you hadnt figured it out already, BFG (Rocket) jumping is possible. It works about as well as a grenade in cod2, if not better. I've done several jumps with it, though, none of them are that major because its hard to strafe while shooting a rocket.

I just figured I'd keep you up-to-date on the -Mag-Jumps & Glitches.

Laterz,
-Mag-DooM
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » November 13th, 2007, 11:35 am

rocket jumping does only work on single player :O

i found myself just a little glich in on of thet russian maps dno the name ^^
u can jump higher with 333 fps but 2 times as high ? :D nice !!!! <3

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » November 13th, 2007, 9:07 pm

it is possible to rocket jump on mp !! ur right :D

if done great jumps with it allready u can jump_height 55 with it

its only diffrent than singleplayer cous u have to shoot from far to not die on mp
i post the jumps later :D very very nice jumps ;)

YaNo
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: -Mag-Jumps

Post by YaNo » November 13th, 2007, 10:31 pm

-Mag-DooM wrote: One of them, however, allows you to jump about 1-2x as high as the player height (depending on how well it's executed. We wont be releasing this one as of yet, but we will show videos and screenshots of where we've gotten using it.) We are still learning this jump and getting the feel for it.
There's a word for that though, not saying ;) i'm being nice today

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » November 14th, 2007, 12:31 am

i would love to help u with ur finding glitches
the high jumping ting is that possible with 1 person or do u need 2? its very very interesting :)
lots of cod2 glitches are back in cod4 like looking trough the wall while you go leaning trough a window ;)
i found a climb today but i couldnt manage to do the climb a second time very strainge it was on a very high ting:P

do u got xfire? :D i would love to help :)

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by -Mag-DooM » November 14th, 2007, 1:13 am

"There's a word for that though, not saying i'm being nice today"
What do you mean by this? I know I overexaggerated on this a little, but not that much. We're finding that this is more useful than we thought. We ended up getting ontop of the 2 ends of the boats on the boat map, and onto the poles in the center of the map.

We've found a couple of offmaps that might be possible, and we've found 1 or 2 that are possible. Though, I think one of them was already found by Louw, but IDK.

Louw -
Yes, rocket jumping does work in MP, rather well ;)
I'm sure we'd let you in on the servers while we look for glitches. My xfire is faerteh91. Everyone can feel free to add me, but in your add request be sure to include that you're adding me from codjumper.
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by -Mag-DooM » November 14th, 2007, 9:46 am

HAHAHAHAHA We own (dont mean to brag).

We just got offmap in, of all maps, WETWORK!!!! its freaking AWESOME!

2 maps offmap sofar:

Backlot
Wetwork

Hoping to add more soon. I've seen a few possible offmaps, just have to figure out how we're going to manuever getting to them ;)

several minor jumps that mean nothing, though.

After you add me u can see the screenshots of us getting to gnarly places on wetwork - we can get almost anywhere in the map :D
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////

YaNo
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by YaNo » November 14th, 2007, 12:53 pm

-Mag-DooM wrote:"There's a word for that though, not saying i'm being nice today"
What do you mean by this? I know I overexaggerated on this a little, but not that much.
Why not release the trick to the whole community?

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » November 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm

i can get on the high poles in the middle of wetwork !!! :D its nice :) (post demo's soon)
and we allready could get out of backlot ye :D

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by -Mag-DooM » November 15th, 2007, 7:26 am

"Why not release the trick to the whole community?"

I'm not releasing it for similar reasons that I did not release the spawn anywhere glitch to the community in my first post. My first post was to let the community know that I had found something. I keep it between the few of us in -Mag- still so that we could work it out and give detailed information for more simple use of the glitch/trick. Also I'm kindof hesitant because I dont want them to fix this in their first game patch which is sure to come within a couple of months.

Though, I'm not going to wait until after the first game patch to release it. -Mag- is going to be filming a video of it over the next week and posting it.

--My main reason for not releasing it right now, is because I want to master the trick and find out the best conditions under which to do it, that way I can more easily explain it to the public. I'm pretty sure if you read back on our discovery of the Spawn Anywhere glitch, when we first posted about it the only thing we knew was hey, we knew how to replay how we originally triggered it, but not exactly what triggered it. This trick, however, is very different. We are just working out what conditions are best for it, because we already know exactly what triggers it.

Well we've found 3 possible ways off of backlot, though, I have not yet worked all of them out... only one of them. I dont want to give out misleading information, I just know that I've found 3 spots that are not blocked to getting offmap.

Still waiting for my xfire invite from Louw. I'll let him in on all this stuff - he may be able to help us figure out some more -- he's found tons of little jumps, and he is really good at strafeing, something I have not yet mastered... :)
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » November 15th, 2007, 3:15 pm

the 1.1 patch is allready there ;) released today

anyway i know the glitch allready but i shut my mouth about it ;)

looking forwarth to jump again with u and ur m8 ^^

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by -Mag-DooM » November 16th, 2007, 1:59 am

Perfect. Just what we need - I dont know that I'm going to install it.. I'm kindof scared to find out what they fixed, especially because it took my slow computer over 12hours to install.
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////