HELP WANTED

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

HELP WANTED

Post by Soviet » September 18th, 2006, 11:54 pm

im gonna tell you people honestly, ive had it with my map, just fucking had it. I dont even want to open radiant and look at it again cause i'll shoot myself in the head if do (well not really, it would take too long to clean the blood off the wall). What I want is someone who enjoys lighting to do all the artificial lighting on my map, and fix the worldspawn settings for me. (maybe fix the scripting too) Now you may be asking, what do i get in return, well you'll get

-major recognition on the loading screen (as a co-creator)
-ability to change details in the map if you want (nothing too major)
-beta testing of the map (of course)
-recognition on nm's map site (as a co-creator)
-recognition wherever the map is displayed (as a co-creator)
-a huge thanks by me (it doesnt have to be sexually unless you really want it to be)
-your own added signature in the map
-the knowledge that you helped to complete a project which has been happening for about 5 months

now understand, i may say no to certain people. This does not mean i dislike you, it just means i don't trust you enough to let you handle my map as you might steal it. Also understand, some fairly major lighting needs to be done to complete this (all the rooms which equates to about 11 in which some are huge two-four story rooms). I'll fully understand if it takes a long time so no rush is necessary (preferably have it done by christmas). Again, a big please to you people out there, i hate the map.

Also, just for a small idea on the size, the map is roughly 27mb right now as a .bsp.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 19th, 2006, 11:44 am

What is wrong with your lighting?

Also, I will be happy to help, but only if your happy to accept criticism to how bad the mapping is (if/when I find bad mapping ;))
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

creator
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by creator » September 19th, 2006, 1:55 pm

same i would like to help also :), i got nothing to do anyway just made a small script that makes the war not solid + invisible and after some secs its visible again and solid [ Correct my spelling if its wrong :P ]
but i cannot change stuff inside codradiant i aint got cod2, but i can help scripting or help u with ur map [chatting]

add my x fire if u want my help: milkshakee
msn: creator-mapper@hotmail.com
Cod 1 Mapper&Modder&Moddeler

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » September 19th, 2006, 2:15 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:What is wrong with your lighting?

Also, I will be happy to help, but only if your happy to accept criticism to how bad the mapping is (if/when I find bad mapping ;))
oh i know the criticism will come like crazy drofder, i didn't do the angled connections for the corners and edges of walls, i havent caulked everything, i havent portalled my map, im pretty sure my terrain patches are screwed up in a few ways, and ive probably done a few more absolutely horrible things. Also, nothing is wrong with my lighting, i havent done my lighting, and for some reason when i compiled it with lighting the models were still colored like the worldspawn setting arent correct. I'll send it to you for a look the next time i see that you're on

and creator, ill tell you if i need any more help with scripting
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

creator
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by creator » September 19th, 2006, 3:16 pm

ok and the portal is easy but suggest u to do it when u have build everything else.
Cod 1 Mapper&Modder&Moddeler