wootageness ownageness

Forum for all kinds of CoD jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 17th, 2006, 10:10 am

9mm wrote:peds you would probs be better off just to get a new comp and use the few things that still work out of the one you have. Do you have any money that you could spend to get one? You were talking about upgrading...I would not unless ur cpu was a newer socket and you have a pci-e mobo. Many of the new AMD's just went way down in there prices cos of Intel’s new cpu. Also the graphics cards should go down soon since in September the geforce80’s come out and the next month ATI will have something new.
Hmm, I'm not really that good with hardware-related stuff, so I won't start talking about things I don't know about :D All I know is that at the moment we have a Dell PC which is about 6/7 years old, and I've been told that we can't get a new processor for it. Guess I'll just have to get it a new graphics card and ram when it become mine so CoD runs somewhat faster than now.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 17th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Your motherboard is either (like Luke said) integrated with the processor, or its so old it uses a very old socket type.

6/7 year old dell, is like saying 9/10 year old PC :P
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 17th, 2006, 4:37 pm

This topic is kinda going off-topic, but never mind.

My brother says that if we were to get a new processor we would need a new motherboard and ram.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 17th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Pedsdude wrote:This topic is kinda going off-topic, but never mind.

My brother says that if we were to get a new processor we would need a new motherboard and ram.
Heres my idea of what to do with your old PC.

It involves gunpowder, petrol, a lighter and a tape measure.

First measure50 yards on the tape measure. Place you computer at one end of the tape measure, now draw a line from the 50yard mark to the computer using the petrol, now empty the content of the pertol AND the gunpowder in the pc, now go back to the starting mark, and use the lighter to create a joyful occasion :)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 17th, 2006, 5:10 pm

That'd be a waste of perfectly working parts!

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 17th, 2006, 5:31 pm

*raises his hand*