Cushion tool (cod2)

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Lightning73
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Cushion tool (cod2)

Post by Lightning73 » July 5th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Does anyone know how to make a cushion texture that works on any other texture like the ladder texture?
I tried many things and none worked :S

Lightning73
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Lightning73 » July 5th, 2006, 10:13 pm

Can anyone move this thread to Cod 2 mapping? :/

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 6th, 2006, 12:12 am

I believe Luke created a custom cushion texture. Luke?
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » July 6th, 2006, 12:58 am

Moved to CoD2 Mapping.

I made 1 awhile back, and i cant find the thread i posted it in anywhere. But you can find the cushion texture i made in jm_castle.iwd and mp_jump.iwd

Lightning73
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Lightning73 » July 6th, 2006, 6:57 am

Luke wrote:Moved to CoD2 Mapping.

I made 1 awhile back, and i cant find the thread i posted it in anywhere. But you can find the cushion texture i made in jm_castle.iwd and mp_jump.iwd
yes but I wanna know HOW it's made, because if I just take it over I won't learn how to create tool textures.

Luke

Post by Luke » July 6th, 2006, 9:36 am

Right well if you're familiar with the asset manager for creating textures then its simple. go about making a texture as you would then scroll down to the bottom of the asset manager where you should see a load of options. The main thing you need selected to make a "cushion" type texture is noFallDamage...its all pretty obvious, but if you don't want it to been seen in game, then you also need noCastShadow, noDraw and Transparent(i think) selected.

If you've never created a texture or used the asset manager then you might find this tut helpful: http://www.modsonline.com/Tutorials-read-316.html - just dont change cullface to none, leave it default otherwise brushes and patches get textured inside and out.

Lightning73
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Lightning73 » July 6th, 2006, 9:47 am

Luke wrote:Right well if you're familiar with the asset manager for creating textures then its simple. go about making a texture as you would then scroll down to the bottom of the asset manager where you should see a load of options. The main thing you need selected to make a "cushion" type texture is noFallDamage...its all pretty obvious, but if you don't want it to been seen in game, then you also need noCastShadow, noDraw and Transparent(i think) selected.

If you've never created a texture or used the asset manager then you might find this tut helpful: http://www.modsonline.com/Tutorials-read-316.html - just dont change cullface to none, leave it default otherwise brushes and patches get textured inside and out.
I know that tutorial, done it, and I used no draw and transparent and it was still solid

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm

Lightning73 wrote:
Luke wrote:Right well if you're familiar with the asset manager for creating textures then its simple. go about making a texture as you would then scroll down to the bottom of the asset manager where you should see a load of options. The main thing you need selected to make a "cushion" type texture is noFallDamage...its all pretty obvious, but if you don't want it to been seen in game, then you also need noCastShadow, noDraw and Transparent(i think) selected.

I know that tutorial, done it, and I used no draw and transparent and it was still solid
It is solid, it is solid in CoD1. If you do not make it solidhow will the player land on it? ;)
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Lightning73
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Lightning73 » July 6th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Lightning73 wrote:

It is solid, it is solid in CoD1. If you do not make it solidhow will the player land on it? ;)
You got me now, I get what ya mean, I need a solid cushion texture xD

Lightning73
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Lightning73 » July 6th, 2006, 4:57 pm

KillerSam wrote:commonly you have it 1 unit thick above the floor :D
No because if it's solid you'll have to make it the floor..

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 6th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Lightning73 wrote:
As KS said, you make it 1 unit thick.

The cushion texture IS the floor, and the brushes beneath it are the texture of the floor ;)

Lightning73
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Lightning73 » July 6th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Lightning73 wrote:
As KS said, you make it 1 unit thick.

The cushion texture IS the floor, and the brushes beneath it are the texture of the floor ;)
Yes sir! :P