Custom Texture

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Custom Texture

Post by Soviet » June 29th, 2006, 10:24 pm

im having trouble getting my custom texture to appear in cod2 radiant.

I created my texture in dimensions according to the power of 2, and saved it as a .dds file with these properties under the images folder of my cod2 main folder:

Then i opened cod2 asset manager and created a new entry as a material and gave it the properties as shown below. Any properties you cant see in the screenshot were unchanged

then i saved it as a gdt file with the same name as the entry. And then finally i went to pc convert, and select current asset only. I have checked and there is a file with that name under materials, and there is a .iwi file with that name under images in my main folder. But the texture still does not appear in radiant. I have also tried adding it to an .iwd file without success, what am i doing wrong?
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » June 29th, 2006, 10:36 pm

Try selecting one of the locales, that usually works for me..and not that this makes a difference to the texture appearing, but cullFace should be left on default "Back*" as the tutorials i've seen got that bit wrong :P

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » June 29th, 2006, 10:41 pm

nvm, i got it working before reading your post...and i did what you did :P
thanks for the help though

topic locked :oops:
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude