vehicles problem

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

tonysathre
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

vehicles problem

Post by tonysathre » April 11th, 2006, 7:22 pm

i have tried adding vehicles to my map but for some odd reason they show up, but can't be used. when i walk up to it i can walk right through it. in the entity properties window i have USABLE checked, recompile, but it still doesn't work. i have tried every vehicle and they all have the same problem. the weird thing is, is that i can shoot the vehicle with a flak88 or destroy it with a satchel charge and it respawns but can never use it. i tried the tuts at modsonline but it didnt say anything about my problem. thanks for any advice or help you can offer.

tonysathre
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by tonysathre » April 12th, 2006, 8:31 pm

lol, ya i messed around with it for a while but can't figure it out. its really making me mad, lol. i am having the same problem when i add trees, sandbags, and haystacks etc... the map im working on now wont have any vehicles but in the future i want to know how to do it. another problem i am having is that when i try to add weapons like the mg30cal or mg42 they dont even show up. any ideas on why? thanks

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 12th, 2006, 9:08 pm

i don't know about vehicles. As for mounted machine guns i do not have exact details because i am at school but i can give you the basic idea. Create an entity called tripod (i think thats the name, not sure) (not sure which category it is in but it should be one of those.) Then, go to entity editor, and for model type in key model, and value xmodel/name of mounted gun. The name of the mounted gun can be found under pak4 under xmodels. Then position it where you want it and you should be done. Again, this is very basic and could be completely wrong. When i get home i will edit it with the proper information.

edit: okay, im at home now so here it goes

Create a misc/turret entity

then go to entity editor

key: model
value: xmodel/mg42_bipod (default for mg42)

key: weaponinfo
value: mg42_bipod_stand_mp
mg42_bipod_duck_mp
mg42_bipod_prone_mp

(enter one of those according to what stance the person is using it from. Mg42 changes according to weapon used)

Then just position it where you want
Last edited by Soviet on April 12th, 2006, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » April 12th, 2006, 9:28 pm

I installed coduo radiant a few days ago, so i'll try adding vehicles, so i can explain what to do better.
BTW are you sure you've got the editor setup correctly, did you read this guide http://www.modsonline.com/Tutorials-read-231.html ?

Theres some folders you need to extract and put into your uo folder..you need to get xmodel from pakuo04.pk3 and extract the folder to your UO directory, and you need the collmaps folder, located here \Call of Duty\UOTools\game\uo, then copy and paste that into your call of duty/UO folder.

tonysathre
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by tonysathre » April 12th, 2006, 9:53 pm

im at school too so i cant be sure, but i think in UOTools i have a dir called game\uo\collmaps, are you saying i need to copy this to my UO dir,k thanks ill give it a shot

tonysathre
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by tonysathre » April 13th, 2006, 7:40 pm

i figured it out, i didnt have the editor set up correctly. thanks, on thing that doesnt work though is a willyjeep. the horch works just fine. when i mount a willyjeep in the game the player is sitting in the back where the gunner is supossed to stand, then if i try to switch to a new position the map crashes and i get an error about player bones or something like that. any ideas, thanks