CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Strafe jump demos (wanted)

Post by The Hughe » January 11th, 2006, 3:43 pm

Hi all
since i have seen http://www.pedsdesign.com/codjumper/ i am strafe jumping
everytime i could do a bit better
but for over a month i have been stuck at jumping more than 235 units
till yesterday .. someone named Mark joined a server (jm_motion_light was on it)
he said he can jump 255 units so i was following (spectate mode) him and i tried to jump the way he did.
IT HELPED !!!! now i can jump 244 units .. and i am still improving myself :)

And now i wanna ask if people wanna make demos in the maps cj_gap_training or peds_practice or jm_motion_light
so i can see what u guys are doing and maybe jump like it ..
i have seen luke_260.dm2 .. nice btw but i wanna see more of how the movement is. (also from different players..) maybe other techs will work better for me

thnx anyway :)

[edit] btw i dont mind how long the demos are taking (maybe max 30 min ;-) )
[edit2] remember i told something about improving myself :D just jumped 245 units :D
[edit3] i am going to spam my own message :lol: :D :D 246 units in tha pocket :D :D i feel mighty :) (i hope it will improve when u guys send demos :) )
[edit4] woot i today i made it to the 249 units :D :D :D i hope i will make it to the 250 :)
[edit5] http://rapidshare.de/files/11180046/The ... .dm_2.html
Last edited by The Hughe on January 16th, 2006, 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hambones
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by hambones » January 11th, 2006, 9:49 pm

noone can beat my record of 220.

it's actually pretty funny, i can make some of the insane jumps on the riverjump map, but i can never get past 220 on jm_motion

"It's so funny of how I think my life is supposed to be devoid of any sort of heartache or drama or anguish or pain. It's sad but I think that I make a value of my days by the times I wake up and feel somewhat normal, but what I really need to do is get out of this fucking house and get laid."

Devil
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Devil » January 12th, 2006, 9:09 am

Hi, ive bin jumping on cod for ages i did it on cod1 and now im doin it on cod2. Ive done lots and lots of maps and stuff. But where the hell do u see how may units you can jump?? i dont get it lol :?

Could u tell me where i look for this units thing!
Ill post you a demo of my jumping techinque if you want! :D
Most people say i strafe jump funny, but it works... lol

Grom
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Grom » January 12th, 2006, 11:58 am

In CoD Radiant you can see how many units a jump is. If you are familiar with radiant, you would probably know what Im talking about :P Just make a brush that is exactly the size of the gap between two platforms etc, and you will see how big the gap is in units.

Devil
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Devil » January 12th, 2006, 2:15 pm

yeah im familiar with radient... I know what you are talking about now! :D I thought it was something in the game, like while you were on a server.

But i thought a normal strafe jump was 192 units on cod1? Like from one object to another on the same height level.

could some one tell me if im wrong please?

The Hughe
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by The Hughe » January 12th, 2006, 3:10 pm

i don't know what you need for the minimal for a strafe jump but what i do know is that if you use your strafe key and your mouse right that you can jump much further than normal ( or 192 units )

you can check how far you can jump in maps like peds_practice cj_gap_training or in jm_motion_light they added a number on the platforms. It indicates how many units you can jump. (at least if you make it :wink: )

Luke

Post by Luke » January 14th, 2006, 5:47 pm

sorry i aint replied sooner...heres a peds_practice demo i made http://www.aufa87.dsl.pipex.com/peds_practice_luke.dm_2 i said 55 at the start coz i was attempting to set a record, but i fell twice :x

The Hughe
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by The Hughe » January 14th, 2006, 9:10 pm

Thnx for sending your demo .. i hope more demos will come ...

I have some great news .... I MADE THE 250 TODAY !!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I am so happy :D:D
i took a screeny of it .. i will try to get it on a demo soon so people can see how i jump and maybe give me some advice =)

http://rapidshare.de/files/11048532/shot0012.jpg.html

btw .. great map Luke 8) :P

(demo will be edited later (maybe not today :P but i will do my best :P)

[edit] i post the demo in my first message (and another :P)
Last edited by The Hughe on January 16th, 2006, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke

Post by Luke » January 15th, 2006, 2:03 am

Congratz on 250 nice 1...btw, i put a little secret in the map at the start, see if u can find it without cheating lol...its pretty dumb but i was just testing out a script tbh :P

hambones
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by hambones » January 15th, 2006, 2:34 am

i made a 247 jump today :D i own and i'm updating WoW right now!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

edit: what map, ultra gap training?

"It's so funny of how I think my life is supposed to be devoid of any sort of heartache or drama or anguish or pain. It's sad but I think that I make a value of my days by the times I wake up and feel somewhat normal, but what I really need to do is get out of this fucking house and get laid."

Luke

Post by Luke » January 15th, 2006, 3:01 am

i own and i'm updating WoW right now!!!
don't start playin that or we may never see u again lol...yeah ultra gap training btw :P

hambones
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by hambones » January 15th, 2006, 6:23 am

Luke wrote:
don't start playin that or we may never see u again lol...yeah ultra gap training btw :P
aw, too late, already have a lvl 6 alliance human paladin and a lvl 4 alliance night elf rogue.. <3 private servers

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 15th, 2006, 5:09 pm

looooool ok... :P

Congrats on getting 250 - if you were only able to do 235 less than a week ago and now you can do 250+ that is a very very good improvement!

What's this secret you're on about Luke?

PS. If you want to see demos of people jumping then I suggest you visit the Records page of the site and download some of the gold ones (i.e. 1st place records - especially on mp_jump and peds_puzzle).

The Hughe
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by The Hughe » January 15th, 2006, 5:26 pm

@ Luke .. I havent found the secret .. i am going to figure it out :P
@ Pedsdude .. Thnx :) i am suprised myself .. i really thought i never could made it past the 235+ :) Now i am practicing to go for the 155 units (another powerfull number i think :P)
i have allready seen some of the demos (half a year ago or something like that) .. but i will check it out again :) thanx for the tip :)

maybe some people can add me if they wanna help me on improving myself :)
xfire: berrydgrt
(just add me .. sometimes if u wanna join my server it will say it is v1.4 because i installed 2 versions at the time .. 1.5 for jumping and 1.4 for playing with my friends because most friends on 1.5 were gone to cod2 :( )

Grom

Post by Grom » January 15th, 2006, 5:26 pm

I know the secret :twisted: Luke showed me in the server one time. Great map btw !