Jump War (jw) / Jump Challenge (jc)

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

hehu
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Jump War (jw) / Jump Challenge (jc)

Post by hehu » March 8th, 2015, 9:59 pm

Hi there, today on cod1 we tried out something i called a "Jump War" or a "Jump Challenge"

Today we've held some important event - 1st jump war on cod1

Devix's map - wolfjump - rules: 0 saves, 7 mins

hehu - finished within ~3.20 min
devix - failed

hehu's map - lockover - rules: max 3 saves, 20 mins, nades only on nade places

hehu - finished within ~9.40 min, 2 saves
devix - finished within ~40 mins, and 5 saves - 0 points - but it was his 1st time on the map or sth like this GJ devix

Match result:

hehu wins - 100 points -
devix loose - 0 points -

From today we start ranking jump wars.

Jump wars rules:

1) U can play vs whoever u want. Wheter it is 1/1, 2/2 or more.
2) Maps played on jump have to be jump maps (no car / har etc).
3) There should be 2 maps played - each player chooses one, and specifes its rules.
4) After jw u put results here, unless both sides agreed not to show it (kinda 4fun jump war).
5)For win, with specified rules all in time saves etc - 100 points for both maps together (50 / map)
6)Points and arrangements can be discussed and changed before the jw starts (excluding 100 rule)

All above can be changed somehow, this is just my idea. From now on except normal jumping and staff we start ranking jump wars. They can be with some random ppl from public, between members, between academy and between academy vs member ;) I hope u'll like my idea improve ur jump skill, and start to jump more :)

We accept any challenge as jump it or as an academy so bring it on and "See me ur jumping skills" /C/ ironstone

I'd like u all to give us any thoughts regarding this, some wayz to make it better and everything that is in ur mind. I hope some day i can jump on other CODs so well to be able to challenge there too, but i just bought and im learning now :D Anyway lemme know what do u think about it, ofc we can try it on 1.5 too if someone hasnt got a cod 1.1 I have 1.5 so u can challenge me at least (i hope im not too bad on 1.5 xD)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Jump War (jw) / Jump Challenge (jc)

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » March 8th, 2015, 10:37 pm

Sounds like something you should just do with a few friends of yours. If memory serves me right, when I jumped on CoD1 more than 10 years ago by now some maps also had a timer, notified you how fast you were. Some maps notified the entire server who beat the map first.

It's basicly impossible nowadays to host your own jumping event, atleast through the forums. That's why I said you should jump with some of your friends.

Strafing is also the same in every CoD btw. Some games just come with additional techniques like sprinting and bouncing. But if you can strafe well in CoD1, adapt a bit and you can strafe fine in CoD4 too.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

hehu
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by hehu » March 8th, 2015, 11:29 pm

Yes, that might be truth, but as i watched some anime xD (yes i did, and took an idea form it). I thought like fighting with the jumps is fun and better then just doin it with friends. Like clan vs clan some nice staff and so on, maybe im wrong but i hope some ppl agrees :D

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » March 9th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Great fun, for sure. But as I said, it's almost impossible to organise. Back in the days when the earlier CoD were more new we also tried to organise events. And these were official CJ events. It was always a hassle. Now I think it's impossible to organise.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Ruan
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Ruan » March 9th, 2015, 7:16 pm

Would be very fun to play with your friends, but not sure how you would host these events, seems very difficult.

hehu
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by hehu » March 9th, 2015, 7:25 pm

Well for me it is easy, our whole team have rcon to jump it server the only thing needed is to contact some of them (im mostly online on xf), and to arrenge it. U can do it up to 6/6 duo to slots and after jw just put some ss here on jump-it.eu or wherever u want :D It's purpose is mainly to make jump more popular, to get more ppl jumping, and to improve it. I find it pretty simple, what is the hard part?

Ruan
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Ruan » March 9th, 2015, 7:31 pm

I haven't really hosted these events, but I think the hard part is to make it, to keep it running if too much memory is being used, and to get people on the map, as for me it is very hard to advertise stuff that I make, how much players did you have on your server already? In total

hehu
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by hehu » March 9th, 2015, 10:58 pm

No idea, i don't care tho... I like the jump and fun ti brings me. Someone just came in today and told he wanna play vs me, and that was all. I hope for more and fore some teams in future...

hehu
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by hehu » March 12th, 2015, 11:18 pm

// sry for double post but i dont want it not to be read ;) //

I've played 2 jump wars already. The point is ppl don't know about it at all, or are afraid or sth... Well im ready for requests etc so tell me what is the hard thing about making it happen? To my jump server acces is open for everyone with maps. And we have about 6 admins...