Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

maniac1999
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

COD4 strafe help

Post by maniac1999 » July 26th, 2014, 12:00 am

Hello everybody!
I'm not sure if i'm in the right place but this section seemed to be the most appropriate one :D
I just wanted to know if i can be a good "mover" or "strafer" with 125fps constant. I've got a crappy computer but I can still squeeze out 125fps constant out of it. Another thing. I've been practicing on mp_codjumper_training map. I've gotten as far as 265 (at my second run) but I can't go further. Is it because of my fps or should I keep trying and i'll get ahead? And another thing. If I've gotten to 265 that means I'm strafing and not just jumping right?
Thanks in advance and sorry for so many queries in 1 topic :lol:

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: COD4 strafe help

Post by Pedsdude » July 27th, 2014, 12:53 am

Yes, you can be a good jumper with only 125 FPS. You may not be able to do certain bounces or complete certain maps with only 125 FPS, but in terms of learning the technique it won't make a difference.

With regard to your distance of 265, it's been a while since I properly jumped on a gap map, so I'm not sure if that's possible without strafing, but my guess would be that it's not (i.e. you must have strafed). Having 125 FPS will not limit you at this level - my record of 317 was done with 125, and I actually prefer to do distance with 125.

maniac1999
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: COD4 strafe help

Post by maniac1999 » August 13th, 2014, 11:36 am

Pedsdude wrote:Yes, you can be a good jumper with only 125 FPS. You may not be able to do certain bounces or complete certain maps with only 125 FPS, but in terms of learning the technique it won't make a difference.

With regard to your distance of 265, it's been a while since I properly jumped on a gap map, so I'm not sure if that's possible without strafing, but my guess would be that it's not (i.e. you must have strafed). Having 125 FPS will not limit you at this level - my record of 317 was done with 125, and I actually prefer to do distance with 125.
Ok. Thanks man!