No fall damage patch to server (windows)

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

iam_clint
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

No fall damage patch to server (windows)

Post by iam_clint » November 3rd, 2013, 2:11 am

i've been seeing people asking about the no fall damage and the slide after loading after fall.
So I modified iw3mp.exe to skip the function calls for fall damage on the server and this eliminates fall damage without setting bg_falldamageminheight and maxheight, so your client still hears crunch when you fall too far.

I also patched it so you can set cheat protected vars through rcon or your script. However the client cannot set them theirselves because its still cheat protected. For example you could set bg_falldamagemaxheight without enabling cheats on the server. The affected vars are still pushed to the client but they cannot modify them still.

http://iajumper.comxa(remove).com/Cod4/mods/iw3mp_modified.zip

replace (remove) in the url sorry had to link it outside cause it said the file was too big here and that i couldn't post url links.

Our server ip running this patched version.
76.231.22.152 28960

Just thought i'd share it since I didn't find a quick solution to this question that seems to be asked quite a bit. If this isn't allowed please let me know.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: No fall damage patch to server (windows)

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 3rd, 2013, 12:42 pm

I think people who don't like the slow walking after landing (This is what you mean right?) change it in console by using commands or something.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

iam_clint
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by iam_clint » November 3rd, 2013, 3:16 pm

The problem with the slow down after landing for fall damage is that when you want to set the falldamaheight you have to enable cheats on your server. I didnt want cheats enabled on our public server so this is what I did. I tried modifying the variable via addon script while it did change it on the client the server trumped it and still caused the slow down.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » November 3rd, 2013, 3:19 pm

Jump_slowdownenable 0.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

iam_clint
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by iam_clint » November 3rd, 2013, 3:26 pm

Yup ive had that set on my server for quite awhile but didnt prevent you from sliding around after a fall that caused damage. Just posted so if someone needed it its available.