The Old Days

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: The Old Days

Post by Drofder2004 » September 26th, 2013, 7:22 pm

megazor wrote:I have a video proof that I do have a life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAK4njFAawc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP69ZrvTKx0

I guess you haven't done interesting things such as those two ones.
But I give you a chance to disprove that statement. So, I am waiting for your video proof.
Going by this judgement, I have officially had a life since I was around 6 years old - I also once climbed a tree and jumped in to water... Sadly though, I didn't film it and put it on YouTube, maybe that is the definition of "having a life". :)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by megazor » September 27th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Highly doubt you have ever been able to climb such trees. Secondly, you might have jumped from 1 m but not from 10.
If I am wrong, you can always video prove it. But you must know, I don't cast doubt on you having a life, only it is most likely different from mine - not so extreme and thrilling, I would say.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 27th, 2013, 9:20 pm

megazor wrote:Highly doubt you have ever been able to climb such trees. Secondly, you might have jumped from 1 m but not from 10.
If I am wrong, you can always video prove it. But you must know, I don't cast doubt on you having a life, only it is most likely different from mine - not so extreme and thrilling, I would say.
Unfortunately I do not own a camera that allows me to film my past, but you may be right. We don't really have those size trees in the middle of London and we don't really have sea either - and jumping into a canal or the Thames is generally not a good idea for a 6 year old, let alone an adult.

If only at 6 years old I knew that there was a specific size of tree to climb for you to actually have a life, is there an exact height you must climb, I wouldn't want to climb a tree only to realise I was 3 foot short of the requirements?

Also, I understand 10m is the required fall distance between platform and water surface but but does it need to be sea water, or does fresh count? Does there need to be a high level of danger involved or does jumping under supervision get considered?

This "having a life" requirements of trees and water is starting to sound like hard work...
Is it not easier to attribute having a life to something less specific - maybe a something physical like organs or something mental like achievements? Would certainly make the world an easier place to live in.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 27th, 2013, 9:40 pm

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » September 28th, 2013, 4:38 am

Drofder2004 wrote:If only at 6 years old I knew that there was a specific size of tree to climb for you to actually have a life, is there an exact height you must climb, I wouldn't want to climb a tree only to realise I was 3 foot short of the requirements?
This had me laughing so much and I don't even know why hahaha
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 28th, 2013, 9:57 am

I prefer climbing trees with branches :P
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by megazor » September 28th, 2013, 11:45 am

It's obvious that I wasn't 100% serious. But I wasn't 100% kidding/trolling either.
There is no exact border between having and not having a life, between enough and not enough tree height, etc. Just like the thing that there is no number which separates "a few" and "a lot of": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorites_paradox

I have proved that I have a life - at least from time to time. You have had it when you were 6 - I'll believe it without a video proof. I will even believe you still have it now. But what about iRaiinyy?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 28th, 2013, 1:08 pm

megazor wrote:There is no exact border between having and not having a life
It is not that "there is no exact border", it is simply "there is no border". Literally speaking having a life is simply being alive and figuratively speaking "having a life" is entirely subjective and every person decides what is and what is not "having a life" means.

Also, for the record I have actually never climbed a tree that high, nor have I jumped into water from that distance (to the knowledge of my limited memory bank) - I still don't consider that an attribute of someone "with a life" however.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 28th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Drofder you missed out man! No childhood with tree climbing? :( Catch up, go climb a tree somewhere! :D

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 29th, 2013, 11:26 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Drofder you missed out man! No childhood with tree climbing? :( Catch up, go climb a tree somewhere! :D
I didn't say I have never climbed a tree, just haven't climbed a tree that high. Again, I ask - to what height of tree must I have climbed to have not missed out?

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
PSN ID: mooselflies

Post by Mooselflies » September 29th, 2013, 8:17 pm

I thought thats how all codjumpers started... From trees to Strafing in game :?:

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 29th, 2013, 10:05 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Drofder you missed out man! No childhood with tree climbing? :( Catch up, go climb a tree somewhere! :D
I didn't say I have never climbed a tree, just haven't climbed a tree that high. Again, I ask - to what height of tree must I have climbed to have not missed out?
Don't know. To what's high for you :)

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » September 30th, 2013, 11:58 am

Ah the good old days - back when talking about climbing trees was actually considered off-topic in a forum called CoDJumper chat.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 30th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Rezil wrote:Ah the good old days - back when talking about climbing trees was actually considered off-topic in a forum called CoDJumper chat.
It has been a very long time since topics stayed on topic - and I would put that fact down to the long life of this forum. Lets face it, CoDJumping is a boring topic :P

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 30th, 2013, 8:53 pm

Lies! Maybe atleast not anymore :(