mp_windsor_bay

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

mp_windsor_bay

Post by Goro92 » May 3rd, 2013, 6:54 pm

Hi everyone, here's my new map, windsor bay.
Behind the mountains you can see mp_windsor's castle

I have taken inspiration from Battlefield2 & Project IGI buildings

Thanks to bre for mapping ideas.
Thanks to fre4kZ for testing.

I've blocked "jump_height" to 39 (like mp_space) because in old school there are a lot of shortcuts.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?be9q7qd8vd4yy4y

Screenshots link:
http://imgur.com/kVF0k8e,jYvlsIr,uq4Ydj ... gT,NfZuVfB

enjoy :D

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: mp_windsor_bay

Post by Rezil » May 4th, 2013, 12:38 am

Doesn't look that bad imo, more screenshots please. :)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

V1RuS
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by V1RuS » May 4th, 2013, 1:42 am

nice map but its complicated to know where to go :L

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » May 4th, 2013, 3:29 am

V1RuS wrote:nice map but its complicated to know where to go :L
^

Map looks very very nice but I cannot play it. Can't figure out where to go. I don't even know where to go to get out of the hangar. from there I just noclipped out and now i still don't know where to go...

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » May 4th, 2013, 7:32 am

Vartazian wrote:
V1RuS wrote:...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHD5qnuj ... e=youtu.be

In Flames
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by In Flames » May 4th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Pff use your brains guys. I kinda liked the map. Yeah, There came few points where I had to stop to think where to go for a few minutes but nothing you couldn't really overcome.

Map isn't that bad imo. Jumps are average so I didnt have to rage except few annoying block bounces seemed to be there.
Idk, maybe it needs more guide lines in some points. Cause if this will be on server there will be lots of noobs asking "where do I go?" all the time.

At least first time playing it through was pretty enjoyable since it's good change after all those platform maps. :)

Aciid x_^
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Aciid x_^ » May 4th, 2013, 12:31 pm

How about instead of adding in more help you just don't and let them find it out for themselves. Do you think maps from cod2 like jm_cruise you had help? You had to do it all by yourself and I was completely lost when I tried. People these days rely on walkthroughs too much...

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by fre4kZ » May 4th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Aciid x_^ wrote:How about instead of adding in more help you just don't and let them find it out for themselves. Do you think maps from cod2 like jm_cruise you had help? You had to do it all by yourself and I was completely lost when I tried. People these days rely on walkthroughs too much...
The problem is they don't. They whine on server "where do i go, What fps" and they are constantly asking you at every jump. It became insanely annoying, that's one of the biggest reason i like to play stuff alone. When they get told that there is a walkthrough on youtube, they react like "fucker, u don't help me" and you are the dick, because you wanted to play, not being a personal GPS.

Aciid x_^
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Aciid x_^ » May 4th, 2013, 12:47 pm

fre4kZ wrote:
Aciid x_^ wrote:How about instead of adding in more help you just don't and let them find it out for themselves. Do you think maps from cod2 like jm_cruise you had help? You had to do it all by yourself and I was completely lost when I tried. People these days rely on walkthroughs too much...
The problem is they don't. They whine on server "where do i go, What fps" and they are constantly asking you at every jump. It became insanely annoying, that's one of the biggest reason i like to play stuff alone. When they get told that there is a walkthrough on youtube, they react like "fucker, u don't help me" and you are the dick, because you wanted to play, not being a personal GPS.
I've always had my chattime = 0 though. I don't see the point of it. All it is used for is talking about their "uber s1ck omg League of Legends pentakill shit" and "omfg that guy is using roccat!!!!". I don't even play on custom maps anymore because of how it's all just the same. Complete the map, receive weapons.

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » May 4th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Map is shit for recording, it unexecs all the cmds in my movie config what is that all about?
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » May 4th, 2013, 3:01 pm

scott wrote:Map is shit for recording, it unexecs all the cmds in my movie config what is that all about?
I've had to fix r_specular to 0 due to a map lighting problem.

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » May 4th, 2013, 11:06 pm

I made a walkthrough but vegas is being a cunt and keeps fucking up the video :s
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » May 5th, 2013, 4:32 am

Aside from learning how to get out of the hangar with that crouch jump, 1 very far rpg strafe, and one difficult bounce, the map is very nice. Looks pro. fun to play. Only thing is I wish it had some larger bounces but nothing wrong with how it is now :)

btw are there any secrets aside from the gun room at the finish?

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » May 5th, 2013, 7:55 am

Vartazian wrote:Aside from learning how to get out of the hangar with that crouch jump, 1 very far rpg strafe, and one difficult bounce, the map is very nice. Looks pro. fun to play. Only thing is I wish it had some larger bounces but nothing wrong with how it is now :)
Vartazian wrote:btw are there any secrets aside from the gun room at the finish?
nope, sorry. I wanted to add secrets and details but I've lost interest in gaming/mapping so I rushed the final areas.

V1RuS
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by V1RuS » May 6th, 2013, 11:51 am

Walkthrough :