Moderator: Core Staff

Deus#1
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

COD4 Jump and server question

Post by Deus#1 » February 17th, 2013, 11:05 pm

Hi Jumpers :)

I got a question..

i just started codjumping and strafe jumping. and i've noticed that many of the jumps i can do easy in codjumper MOD,
i can't do in a public server. why is that ?..

i have my own server where im running servers for COD4 on gameranger,
and i was thinking, if there is a way to get the settings from codjumper mod into a standard Search and Destroy server ?..
so i will be able to do the jumps and strafes in my own snd server as easy as in codjumper mod..??

I just dont understand it :)
i have also tried the Strike balcony strafe BINDs in CODJumper MOD, and worked every time.
then i went on public server and didnt work 1 single time :S WHYYY ? :)

I have binds for 125,250,333 fps and all are stable.

regards

Deus

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: COD4 Jump and server question

Post by F |Madness| U » February 18th, 2013, 12:00 am

Are you running the official CJ mod? Sounds like it is one of these:

1) You have modified settings in the CJ mod (speed, gravity).
2) When you're playing on stock servers you're not getting a stable fps .
3) (Unlikely) The stock server has modified settings (speed, gravity).

As for the CJ `settings` in a normal S&D server, there are no special settings, CJ mod does not change the speed/gravity unless you explicitly do.
-

Deus#1
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Deus#1 » February 18th, 2013, 6:24 pm

F |Madness| U wrote:Are you running the official CJ mod? Sounds like it is one of these:

1) You have modified settings in the CJ mod (speed, gravity).
2) When you're playing on stock servers you're not getting a stable fps .
3) (Unlikely) The stock server has modified settings (speed, gravity).

As for the CJ `settings` in a normal S&D server, there are no special settings, CJ mod does not change the speed/gravity unless you explicitly do.

im running the codjumperv3_12 , i dont have modified settings for speed or gravity because i dont know how to set it up.

when on a public server i AM getting stable FPS of 333 easy. even 500fps np having it stable, so dont think thats the problem.

i thought there was some settings in the CJ mod that changed the speed/gravity, because like i said,
when i am playing in the CJ Mod, i can do all jumps easy,
but as soon as i go on public server (even tho stable fps of 333) i somehow just cant make the same jumps,
no matter how much i try :S ..

Deus#1
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Deus#1 » February 18th, 2013, 6:25 pm

KillerSam wrote:You are maybe using old school?
Nope, No oldschool .. :(

Deus#1
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Deus#1 » February 18th, 2013, 6:26 pm

What i was thinking was that in CJ MOD, u sprint for longer distances, can jump a little higher and longer maybe.
just thought there was some way of finding the config settings for CJ MOD, and use them in a regular server..

just makes no sense at all :roll:

Deus#1
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Deus#1 » February 18th, 2013, 8:02 pm

KillerSam wrote:It gives you "ninja" perk and the lightest weapon class (I think SMG). If you are trying jumps with Assault class you won't be able to jump as high / far.

see thats what im talking about. is there anyway i can put in my server.cfg file, so that all classes are light ? because i know how to change speed in config, just not how to change weight of the weapon classes..

Deus#1
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Deus#1 » February 18th, 2013, 8:05 pm

also what about the sv_maxrate ? does that have anything to do with jump height or anything ? :)

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » February 18th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Deus#1 wrote:
KillerSam wrote:It gives you "ninja" perk and the lightest weapon class (I think SMG). If you are trying jumps with Assault class you won't be able to jump as high / far.

see thats what im talking about. is there anyway i can put in my server.cfg file, so that all classes are light ? because i know how to change speed in config, just not how to change weight of the weapon classes..
Just use an SMG or Shotgun and you will have the exact same speed as in CJ mod. And yes you can change the speed of classes in config, although it probably has to be a modded server. Something along the lines of "...class_sniper_speed", should be in the default modwarfare server cfg file.
-

Deus#1
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Deus#1 » February 18th, 2013, 10:01 pm

F |Madness| U wrote:
Deus#1 wrote:

Just use an SMG or Shotgun and you will have the exact same speed as in CJ mod. And yes you can change the speed of classes in config, although it probably has to be a modded server. Something along the lines of "...class_sniper_speed", should be in the default modwarfare server cfg file.

THX SO MUCH!! :D that helped ! it works now !! :) THX THX THX ..

woulb be nice tho if you could somehow put same speed for custum classes tho. :)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 18th, 2013, 11:40 pm

When you click "player" in the CJ Mod, the Menu automatically places you on the allies as a "spec_ops" class.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Deus#1
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Deus#1 » February 19th, 2013, 10:00 am

Drofder2004 wrote:When you click "player" in the CJ Mod, the Menu automatically places you on the allies as a "spec_ops" class.
okay, very usefull info :) thx..

Some New Question:

1) Do you maybe know if there is a user config file? or game config file where i change settings like speed from spec_ops, and put it on my custum classes?..

2) Also another thing, if i bind some things, like for 1 jump in strike i found a strafe Bind so the jump works every time.

/set strafe1 "cl_yawspeed 100;+sprint;+forward;wait 15;+moveleft;+left;wait 30;cl_yawspeed 300;wait 35;+gostand;-gostand;vstr strafe2"

/set strafe2 "wait 20;cl_yawspeed 50;-left;wait 150;-forward;-sprint;-moveleft;cl_yawspe­ed 140"

and the last one,the bind :

/bind T "vstr strafe1"

but everytime i connect to a server i have tu put all the \set lines in again ?
is it possible to write the lines somewhere so they are allways binded to that?.

3) I have seen in some jumper vids that maps are different, green grass on some maps, and blue sky and the maps are much brighter than normal.. where do i find those maps and can i somehow inject them into a normal dedicated server without having to run it as a mod ?

Sorry for all the questions guys. really appreciate ur answers and help. :)

In Flames
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by In Flames » February 19th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Idk about question 1 but to others.

2. I assume u wanna use this script in public servers. Just copy those two lines+bind key into ur config in CoD4-->Main folder-->cfg.file. Open it with notepad or something and add those. If u dont have cfg's there yet, just copy one from ur player profile folder.
Open cod4 and exec that cfg. That cfg should be open everytime u open cod or connect server, unless u exec another cfg that has different binds etc.

3. Those maps are normal when played. Recorded demos are just played with movie configs, custom skies etc. YT has tutorials if u dont how to record/play demos with movie cfg's etc.