My Peds_Propel run :D

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Maaz.
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

My Peds_Propel run :D

Post by Maaz. » January 22nd, 2013, 1:46 am

With all these hard maps coming out and about I thought hey why not go old school and go for teh speedrun of teh epic classic maps (peds, dungeon, trial etc) :D tried peds first and I think it came out pretty good :D
Tell me how it is please :D
All normal settings except jump_slowdownenable is 0
Link: http://www.dropbox.com/s/f261te8jkk3b3ka/hope.wmv?m
Dont really have a youtube acc, so yeh xD
Was edited by Styx|Virus so all credit goes to him

Anyways, enjoy! :D

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: My Peds_Propel run :D

Post by Drofder2004 » January 22nd, 2013, 1:54 am

I am happy to allow the whole jump_slowdown thing being on, it makes it a lot more enjoyable to watch and I think it should be the norm for any form of speedrun jumping.

The only thing I do not like is the map glitching personally, but it is a speedrun with no limitations.

(Edited your post to allow the link).
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Maaz.
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Maaz. » January 22nd, 2013, 1:57 am

Drofder2004 wrote:I am happy to allow the whole jump_slowdown thing being on, it makes it a lot more enjoyable to watch and I think it should be the norm for any form of speedrun jumping.

The only thing I do not like is the map glitching personally, but it is a speedrun with no limitations.

(Edited your post to allow the link).
yeah I know inmap glitching is bad D: Ill try another run without it :D
And ty for link fix.

Also so for dungeon and all I should go without shortcuts?

Maaz.
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Maaz. » January 22nd, 2013, 1:59 am

KillerSam wrote:Complete the map next time :!: VERY smooth though, nice jumping.
yeah oke sorry about that D:

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 22nd, 2013, 2:01 am

Skipping jumps using a jump or a method is fine, but skipping an entire area with a invisible wall is just stepping over the mark a little. However, if we were to ever take records on this stuff again (doubtful), it may be impossible to find an exact middle ground, so I would sway on the side of "using map clipping to advance is bad, all visible walls are allowed".
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » January 22nd, 2013, 2:12 am

Drofder2004 wrote:However, if we were to ever take records on this stuff again (doubtful), it may be impossible to find an exact middle ground, so I would sway on the side of "using map clipping to advance is bad, all visible walls are allowed".
This is somewhat hypocritical as the whole point of CJ is to find exploits in maps, even if it is a map designed for jumping.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 22nd, 2013, 2:17 am

Rezil wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:However, if we were to ever take records on this stuff again (doubtful), it may be impossible to find an exact middle ground, so I would sway on the side of "using map clipping to advance is bad, all visible walls are allowed".
This is somewhat hypocritical as the whole point of CJ is to find exploits in maps, even if it is a map designed for jumping.
I realise this, honestly, but if we were to record these things like we used to, it would be far better to see a more jump less glitch record, do you not agree?

Maaz.
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Maaz. » January 22nd, 2013, 2:24 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
Rezil wrote:
I realise this, honestly, but if we were to record these things like we used to, it would be far better to see a more jump less glitch record, do you not agree?
I understand, its not fun half of the video being me just running on an invisible wall, it makes the video less interesting D:

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » January 22nd, 2013, 2:30 am

Drofder2004 wrote: I realise this, honestly, but if we were to record these things like we used to, it would be far better to see a more jump less glitch record, do you not agree?
It would be more enjoyable to watch, sure, but I'd imagine the whole point of a speedrun is to finish as fast as possible(somewhat similar to www.speeddemosarchive.com), making the invisible walls path much more optimal, albeit not as fun to watch.

Since this is unlikely to happen any time soon/ever, our discussion is very much theoretical. :)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 22nd, 2013, 2:42 am

Rezil wrote:It would be more enjoyable to watch, sure, but I'd imagine the whole point of a speedrun is to finish as fast as possible(somewhat similar to http://www.speeddemosarchive.com), making the invisible walls path much more optimal, albeit not as fun to watch.

Since this is unlikely to happen any time soon/ever, our discussion is very much theoretical. :)
That is why I said:
Drofder2004 wrote:but it is a speedrun with no limitations.
I think it would be a line drawn between "speedrun" and "racing".
A speedrun of a map would be no limitations, fastest to the end without using cheats (except jump_slowdown), but a recorded race (like vCoD days) would need to be enjoyable to watch also and using bad mapping instead of good jumping defeats the fun.

Talking about SDA - http://speeddemosarchive.com/CallOfDuty.html
Awesome to watch.