CoD4 Surf Fun!

Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Hassan
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

CoD4 Surf Fun!

Post by Hassan » January 3rd, 2013, 9:01 pm

I know some of you feel that CoD4 can have no 'real' surfing, but for the ones not complaining about those details, I invite you to check out how much fun it really is.

Server: 176.9.137.202:28971

I also invite you all to start making maps like this

- Hassan

Topper
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: CoD4 Surf Fun!

Post by Topper » January 3rd, 2013, 9:12 pm

Okay as promised and to prove you guys that I can do this map in 1 piece and even with trick jumping don't mind the first jump I stole from wix//. <3, I decided to do a small tutorial. Not in the vid but together with the video I can show you what I found hard and how I solved it:

Tutorial

The basics:

Ofcourse this has something to do with jumping, so there are some basics things you need to know.

1st is strafing, I won't give a tutorial about that because like every guy in styx knows how to do that.

2nd is strafe position: While at the blocks (or whatever you may call it), it depends on which side you are at the block:

- At the right side, forward: Hold W+A
- At the left side, forward: Hold W+D
- At the right side, backward: Hold S+D
- At the left side, backward: Hold S+A

This will give you much more speed.

The trick:

So many of you have tried this, and I'm sure alot of you guys got stuck at the 4th block alot of times, or even before that.
How to do this properly without getting stuck (wix-style). Well if you look to the video below, it's all about angeling.

Even though I may be a little bit tricking here I tried to show you which directions you should look while performing the surfs.

also when a block goes up, it somehow works to look up aswell. It's important that you stay at the same angle on the block all the way, at least, in that direction.

So if you do this the same time as what I explained in the basics then it worked for me.

P.s. 2nd last jump remains hard to land for me xD. Dunno why Wix can do it that good hax.

If there are any questions let me know :drink:.

Topper
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Topper » January 4th, 2013, 4:30 pm

New tutorial 8)

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » January 4th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Well it looks kinda fun I guess but still a bit pointless and nowhere near as impressive as real surfing. I would much prefer a DeFrag mod instead of surf, it looks much more entertaining/impressive. I've started playing a little bit of Quake 3 recently with Scott and it seems more enjoyable than just sliding around but it is rather difficult :P .
Also you practically posted the same video three times between you and one song...come on guys.

Hassan
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Hassan » January 4th, 2013, 7:11 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:Well it looks kinda fun I guess but still a bit pointless and nowhere near as impressive as real surfing. I would much prefer a DeFrag mod instead of surf, it looks much more entertaining/impressive. I've started playing a little bit of Quake 3 recently with Scott and it seems more enjoyable than just sliding around but it is rather difficult :P .
Also you practically posted the same video three times between you and one song...come on guys.
I recommend you to try this, its quite addictive, and hard to get right.

Hardcore
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Hardcore » January 4th, 2013, 8:45 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:I've started playing a little bit of Quake 3 recently with Scott and it seems more enjoyable than just sliding around but it is rather difficult :P .
Quake 3 still the best game for jumping :)
. Image

Topper
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Topper » January 4th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Just give it a shot :D .
They also did on the tek-9 forum and they like it 8) .
We are making new maps and everything so you are always welcome :).