Couple of questions about elevators(District, Strike, Cross)

Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

rubens116
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Couple of questions about elevators(District, Strike, Cross)

Post by rubens116 » September 7th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry for my inactivity on this website, I'm really busy with my own clan and real life stuff etc..

The reason I'm coming back here is simple.. I really love jumping.
It's what keeps me playing CoD4, because without I would have quit already.

One sad thing though, there are really alot of jumpers and there are coming more and more..
I've always wanted to get really good at jumping, but I'm not sure if I somehow could be proud on how much I can do.
I'm kinda having a very low self-esteem, so mostly all I do is in my opinion 'done by everyone, nothing special'.
I usually just jump/bounce/do elevators in public servers, mainly ProMod maps, but sometimes just the other stock maps.
I really would like to get better at jumping, but I don't like jumping on CoDJumper servers so much..
Then I realise there are soooo much jumpers, so there's nothing to be proud of.. I'm afraid.

But I'll start with my questions..
These are all about ProMod so don't think about RPG's (and maybe even not 333 FPS).

First question, about Crossfire:
You all know this elevator..
I've seen on one video a guy (maybe on a Playstation or Xbox) jumping him to another spot in the sky and then he jumped to the highest building of Crossfire, which you see in the screenshot.
Is there any way from this elevator to get to the top of the highest building of Crossfire?
Or is there any different elevator which is leads you to the top of that high building? (I prefer this elevator though)

The reason I'm asking is because I would like to know some way to see the A bomb from above, from a jump/elevator spot.
I know there is a jump:
And a bounce:

But I have really no clue how to do these and they look pretty hard.

Next question..
This elevator looks really hard for me, but REALLY usefull.
I really would LOVE to learn this one.
But isn't it a 'big jump elevator'?
Like.. Some jump elevators are different on heights.
The one from above, at Crossfire, is not so high, but this one at Strike is really high (like every door/room entrance elevator is).
Is there any tactic or such for this one?

Next question..
This is one elevator I've recently learned and am pretty happy with it, but I would like to go further.
From this elevator, where can I go and which are usefull or funny places to get?
I would be really happy if there would be some.

Would there also be a possibility to get here (where I'm aiming at)?

My last question is pretty simple, but I hope worth to ask.
I know most elevators spots on ProMod maps (I guess all, now), but from these elevators - Are there spots from where you can troll people in public servers or wars?
There sure are, but I'm afraid I know them already.

What do you think what's entertaining in wars or public servers?

I'm sorry for the questions about elevators and the amount of questions I've got about it.
Maybe I should have made seperate topics about these, but they were all about ProMod, elevators and they all were short.. So I've just put them all in one.

Some might say elevator doesn't require a skill, but without knowing how to do them, you wouldn't be able to do them - which is in my opinion a skill already..

Thanks in advance for all your answers and help.

Regards,
rubens116.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Couple of questions about elevators(District, Strike, Cr

Post by Hoogie » September 7th, 2012, 6:57 pm

For jump questions you can watch the showcases for every map. This isn't specific promod but if they are possible without RPGs there are shown that way.

Your elevator questions, there isn't any difference in a low or high elevator. It's about finding the right spot, the rest goes automatically.

From the palm in District you can use the B bomb to get to pretty much anywhere down the street. Not recommended using for wars because you will end up failing most of the time.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Mirko
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Mirko » September 8th, 2012, 2:59 am

The third bounce in this video will help u in the tree elevator, it is easily possible no rpg (i was a noob at the time i made this video) and fps is 250-125

rubens116
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by rubens116 » September 8th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Hoogie wrote:For jump questions you can watch the showcases for every map. This isn't specific promod but if they are possible without RPGs there are shown that way.

Your elevator questions, there isn't any difference in a low or high elevator. It's about finding the right spot, the rest goes automatically.

From the palm in District you can use the B bomb to get to pretty much anywhere down the street. Not recommended using for wars because you will end up failing most of the time.
I have watched alot of CoDJumper, Moose, Matty, 1337LJ, TeehMazi, TheProModJumper etc videos..
Just would love to have a clear answer here on the questions.