FIRST EVER CODJUMPER TO GET PARTNERED!

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

FIRST EVER CODJUMPER TO GET PARTNERED!

Post by rB|Liam* » July 25th, 2012, 12:02 am

Hi guys, as far as I know now that I'm partnered I'm the first ever CoDJumper to be partnered on youtube. I know there are partners who used to jump and make videos of it but then changed their content to become partners but I will still be uploading CoDJumping videos & they will be more regular now (hopefully).

I would like to say thank you to all of my supporters on this forum & I would like to give something back! So I am going to be uploading the communtiys content (if anyone would actually like me to?) And I am also going to try and help promote CoDJumper & CoDJumping in general to help keep jumping alive.

Please remember that if a video is copyrighted I unfortunately cannot upload it.

Also, please don't ask where my banner etc is, a friend is working on it as I'm writing this!

Remember to check out my channel at: http://www.youtube.com/RaCeY2k8 & if anyone would check out my tutorial channel too (http://www.youtube.com/TheTutGuyHD) I would be very grateful. Please Like, Comment, Share & Subscribe! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Banner is now up, Got a link for CJ on it. :D

-RaCeY2k8 (rB|Liam)
Last edited by rB|Liam* on July 25th, 2012, 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: FIRST EVER CODJUMPER TO GET PARTNERED!

Post by Drofder2004 » July 25th, 2012, 10:13 am

Isn't all content we upload copyrighted?
The music in your videos must be royalty free and the content must be permission/approved by the copyright holders.

It doesn't fall under fair use:
1. Purpose: Entertainment (not educational)
2. Nature: Gaming
3. Amount: Variable from 2-10mins of footage
4. Effected Marketting: No negative marketting effect.

Now as a partner, you would technically be profitting from Copyright material, which is obviously not covered by fair use, unless you are parodying the work...

Anway goodluck with it :P
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by rB|Liam* » July 25th, 2012, 10:41 am

Thanks! and yeah I guess you're right but all of my videos are claimed (except from the audio swapped ones). I found a few good channels to get non-copyrighted dubstep that was easy enough to monetize before I got partnered so I think as long as people know what they're doing when it comes to monetization, It's easy enough to get around all of the copyright bs :D

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 25th, 2012, 5:29 pm

It may be worth putting a link in your original post for those who don't know your channel.

Let me know how much money you get from it (if you don't mind!), I'd be interested to know.

Is it an official partnership? In other words, did you go to the partnership page and apply, and get accepted? Or did you get it through a separate group (e.g. Machinima, etc.)?

We were approached by someone who claimed they could get us partnership, but they would take a % of the revenue, and we would have to put their adverts up on our videos, so we declined. As for official partnership, I've applied twice and both times been rejected on the grounds of our content not being original.

Oh, and thank you for the CJ link :)

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by rB|Liam* » July 25th, 2012, 6:08 pm

Pedsdude wrote: Let me know how much money you get from it (if you don't mind!), I'd be interested to know.
Currently I will be earning $3CPM which is one of the highest rates.

Is it an official partnership?
No, Its through CurseNetwork.

Oh, and thank you for the CJ link :)
No problem! If you guys decide you want partnership its definitely worth looking into it with Curse, They have a very good contract imo. :)

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by rB|Liam* » July 25th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Oh btw, If you guys got partnered even the copyright videos would be claimed so even if the network took a percentage of your revenue you would still earn quite a bit of money considering the size of your channel and the views you get.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 25th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Is it an official partnership?
No, Its through CurseNetwork.

This is why you can use Copyright material. Curse (like Machinima) have licencing that allows it, I assume you ust have the "Curse" advert shown at beginning of videos?
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 25th, 2012, 6:38 pm

tbh even if we would get a partnership, I think it's much hassle. I believe that everyone on the team should get a fair profit out of it, that will simply not work due to lesser activity. There are people who deserve it more than others (Like Peds/KS) because they are very active now, but you also have people who are not really active at the moment (Like me or Matty). Sure, browsing the forum is a good thing, and I had my peak of activity at the start of CoD4, Drofder and Soviet created the CJ mod etc etc. Everyone on the team has contributed over a certain period of time.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 25th, 2012, 6:54 pm

rB|Liam* wrote:Currently I will be earning $3CPM which is one of the highest rates.
So that's $3 per 1,000 views?

Each of our videos gets ~4,000 views once they've been uploaded for a while (clearly this varies significantly, but from a quick glance at recent videos it seems to be a fair estimate). We release maybe 10 videos per month. That'd be $120 per month (if CoDJumper became partner with $3CPM), which wouldn't actually be too bad, depending on what adverts we'd have to put at the start of our videos.

Are there any 'catches' involved? e.g. do you have to give them your account login details?

Currently our site is easily self sufficient thanks to existing advertising agreement/s, but $100+/month would definitely be a nice little earner I would be interested in pursuing, under the right conditions.

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by rB|Liam* » July 25th, 2012, 7:38 pm

Yeah $3 per 1K views.

The adverts are placed automatically by the network and are Gaming related & They don't require any personal information such as passwords etc.

RAGEQUiT
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by RAGEQUiT » July 26th, 2012, 10:20 pm

rB|Liam* wrote:Yeah $3 per 1K views.

The adverts are placed automatically by the network and are Gaming related & They don't require any personal information such as passwords etc.
One thing i like you to remember is that you are not allowed to talk about the revenue you get through the youtube partnership programm publicly ! Your also not allowed to spread internal info about the YouTube Partner Programm, even if your partnered through a Network or sth.

I am partnered aswell ( applied on the official youtube partner page ),
unfortunately I cannot use copyrighted material like you. :/

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by rB|Liam* » July 27th, 2012, 5:53 am

My contract allows me to. Unlike other networks Curse has a very good contract.

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » July 28th, 2012, 12:14 pm

but you subbed for subbed XD I guess still congratulations :)
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

rB|Liam*
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by rB|Liam* » July 28th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Yeah that was ages ago & then I only did it a little bit when they said I needed to reach 5K for partner lol

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » August 18th, 2012, 7:23 am

keep CJ clean. Enough said. closed :D
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long