Promod help?

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

trollingcat
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Promod help?

Post by trollingcat » July 7th, 2012, 6:55 am

Hi CoDJumper,

I have two questions about mapping that i couldn't find anywhere.
1 - How do you make A NORMAL BOUNCE? (not a Quake 3 style jump-pad) because to be honest, i haven't found a tutorial on a PROPER bounce (eg: like in bouncer_training)
2 - How do i get my map to work with promod, because when i launch my map with promod, it says Attempted to overrun string in call va(), but it works fine without any mods, and with ModWarfare.

Thank you,
trollingcat.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Promod help?

Post by Pedsdude » July 7th, 2012, 2:35 pm

1. More information is here: http://codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7305
2. Not sure, suppose it depends if you want it to be a TDM/DM, or SD, or all gametypes map.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 7th, 2012, 3:41 pm

2. Open your Promod mod directory and remove some other cusotm maps files/folders. (Move them all somewhere else temp)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

trollingcat
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by trollingcat » July 11th, 2012, 12:48 pm

Hi,

thank you both for your replies. I got the bounce to work and I was shocked how unbelievably easy that was. :D

I have another question. How do you make a brush with no fall damage, so if you land on it from a height, it doesn't affect you. Is it an entity or a texture?
2. Open your Promod mod directory and remove some other cusotm maps files/folders. (Move them all somewhere else temp)
I have done all of that and it does not work. :((

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » July 11th, 2012, 1:19 pm

Different textures have different properties, some have fall damage, some don't. Try the 'clip' texture in usage > tools, or just caulk.

darkpheonixz4x
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by darkpheonixz4x » July 11th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Different textures have different properties, some have fall damage, some don't. Try the 'clip' texture in usage > tools, or just caulk.
Is there a specific texture for a slippery surface? Like the ones in deathrun (for eg:mp_deathrun_zero)

Or is that scripted? If you know it or have used it, could you please post it?

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 11th, 2012, 2:45 pm

The easy way:

Use the noFallDamage flag when making a custom texture in asset manager, it's in the 'extremely rarely needed' part at the very bottom.

The hard way:

Creating a trigger just above your surface, when triggered freeze a player momentarily and then unfreeze him. That way you reset his velocity and he won't take any damage.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » July 12th, 2012, 1:24 am

darkpheonixz4x wrote:
Is there a specific texture for a slippery surface? Like the ones in deathrun (for eg:mp_deathrun_zero)

Or is that scripted? If you know it or have used it, could you please post it?
It's a surface property, but I don't think there's one in the editor, you'll have to create one yourself. When converting in the asset manager, check the 'slick' property, then convert it. This will make them slide around.

darkpheonixz4x
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by darkpheonixz4x » October 2nd, 2012, 8:36 am

I ticked slick in the properties, but when testing the texture is not solid and doesn't make it slippery. :S

Any ideas?

darkpheonixz4x
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by darkpheonixz4x » October 4th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Is there something i did wrong?