BETA: mp_pj_sewage

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: BETA: mp_pj_sewage

Post by Chucky. » July 10th, 2012, 12:46 am

Sohvax wrote:This looks good, why don't you work this one out into detail instead of starting a new map?
I stopped making it, I also stopped updating this and my other maps. I quit mapping, I'm just going to CJ as normal and watch while CJ dies :)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 10th, 2012, 10:35 am

pjchucky wrote:watch while CJ dies :)
I said that 2-3 years ago, when I guessed CJ would die due to the crap games being produced in CoD series.

For every 59 minutes you spend watching us dying, spend 1 minute on your map.
You should by the time we are dead have made an amazingly polished map.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 10th, 2012, 10:42 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
pjchucky wrote:watch while CJ dies :)
I said that 2-3 years ago, when I guessed CJ would die due to the crap games being produced in CoD series.

For every 59 minutes you spend watching us dying, spend 1 minute on your map.
You should by the time we are dead have made an amazingly polished map.
I was stating my opinion, not yours. I didn't even know you said that. Thanks for saying what you just said though. Real mature Administrator.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 10th, 2012, 10:53 am

pjchucky wrote:I was stating my opinion, not yours. I didn't even know you said that. Thanks for saying what you just said though. Real mature Administrator.
Either you misread what I said, or you are taking it out of context.

I literally did guess this site would be dead and I honestly mean that spending 1 minute out of every hour you spend waiting for us to die, you will have racked up a lot of minutes of work...

This message is neither a joke nor sarcasm, it is a statement containg both fact and estimation.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 10th, 2012, 11:01 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
pjchucky wrote:I was stating my opinion, not yours. I didn't even know you said that. Thanks for saying what you just said though. Real mature Administrator.
Either you misread what I said, or you are taking it out of context.

I literally did guess this site would be dead and I honestly mean that spending 1 minute out of every hour you spend waiting for us to die, you will have racked up a lot of minutes of work...

This message is neither a joke nor sarcasm, it is a statement containg both fact and estimation.
I don't wait for you to die, it's going to happen eventually. Not you as in CoDJumper.com, I mean CoD Jumping in general. Activision have restricted FPS, so we can't FPS switch anymore. They've edited the strafe bug so it's harder. You can't do real CoD Jumping anymore since MW2. Yes, there is a few jumps but no bounces (hardly none anyways). We can't create our own maps so CoD Jumping is close to dead. Apart from on CoD4, 1,2 & 3 have died basically. Like you just said "This message is neither a joke nor sarcasm, it is a statement containing both fact and estimation."

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 10th, 2012, 11:34 am

I do not question if we will "die" or not, us or the practice. Obviously everything ends at some point, my point is that if you intend to watch, you may as well be constructive with your time, because like myself, waiting may be longer than you think.

Also, my response was about fact and estimation was directed at your comment of 'maturity', as I do not understand how my elvel of maturity changes the facts of the situation.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 10th, 2012, 12:21 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:I do not question if we will "die" or not, us or the practice. Obviously everything ends at some point, my point is that if you intend to watch, you may as well be constructive with your time, because like myself, waiting may be longer than you think.

Also, my response was about fact and estimation was directed at your comment of 'maturity', as I do not understand how my elvel of maturity changes the facts of the situation.
I'm not here to troll & I'm certianly not here to rage. I just stated a fact that it will die, unfortunatly. No CoD Jumper wants it to happen and yes, I hope it's a very long time. But say CoD Jumper is alive for another 5 years, that's 525,600 hours which means if I took one minute from each hour that'll be 8,7060 minutes which is around 10 days straight. You're trying to say it's going to take me 10 days (240 hours) none stop, no drink break, no food break, no sleep to make a map that's worthy to play. That's why I took your first remark offensive and immature.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 10th, 2012, 12:33 pm

KillerSam wrote:
pjchucky wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:I do not question if we will "die" or not, us or the practice. Obviously everything ends at some point, my point is that if you intend to watch, you may as well be constructive with your time, because like myself, waiting may be longer than you think.

I'm not here to troll & I'm certianly not here to rage. I just stated a fact that it will die, unfortunatly. No CoD Jumper wants it to happen and yes, I hope it's a very long time. But say CoD Jumper is alive for another 5 years, that's 525,600 hours which means if I took one minute from each hour that'll be 8,7060 minutes which is around 10 days straight. You're trying to say it's going to take me 10 days (240 hours) none stop, no drink break, no food break, no sleep to make a map that's worthy to play. That's why I took your first remark offensive and immature.
I haven't checked your maths (cba) but assuming you are right...240hours for a good quality jump map doesn't sound massively far out.
Normally people map around 2 hours a day, surely no longer than that anyways.

That's over two years, lol...

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 10th, 2012, 12:47 pm

KillerSam wrote:semi-related... - I just checked your sums and I disagree with you.

60minutes x 24hours x 365.25 = 525960 minutes per year.

525960 / 60 = 8766 (1 minute out of each 60minutes)

8766 / 60 = 146.1 hours for EACH year.

146.1 * 5 = 730.5 hours total mapping time, which is around a month of solid mapping with no breaks 8)
I did it without a calculator. Anyways, a month is even worse than 10 days, lol? That's even more offensive 0_o

Anyways, back on subject. I wanted to just state that I know I suck at mapping, I will only map for personal use and for friends. I will spend my free time CJing like I used too xD

Another mapper down weather I'm a newb or not, all I was trying to say, I guess :s

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 10th, 2012, 1:15 pm

I wanted to just state that I know I suck at mapping
Seriously, for the last few days we've been giving you guidelines on how to improve. Stop being so insecure about yourself and actually put our advice to use.
I will only map for personal use and for friends
Oh, so you can hear what you WANT to hear as opposed to what you NEED to hear in order to improve.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 10th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Rezil wrote:
I wanted to just state that I know I suck at mapping
Seriously, for the last few days we've been giving you guidelines on how to improve. Stop being so insecure about yourself and actually put our advice to use.
I will only map for personal use and for friends
Oh, so you can hear what you WANT to hear as opposed to what you NEED to hear in order to improve.
Wow, where did that come from? Okay, heres the reasons why I wont map anymore;

1) I CBA, it's getting boring with little reward.
2) No one plays them.

What's the difference in not releasing them? ;)

I don't hear what I want to hear, I hear what I need to hear and want to ofcourse, I have to listen to people specially with the kind of work I'm in.

You gave me guidlines, I get people who made one good map thinking he's a professional even though everything that got ripped about me includes every single thing in the map he thinks is genious. I wont say any names but I'm not quitting CJ or anything nor mapping, I just quit mapping for codjumper.com

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 10th, 2012, 2:07 pm

pjchucky wrote:Wow, where did that come from? Okay, heres the reasons why I wont map anymore;

1) I CBA, it's getting boring with little reward.
2) No one plays them.
1. Hobbies are something which you do without reward. Your reward should be self satisfaction/accomplishment.
2. Everyone will try a map once, if your map is good they will play it again. This is true for pretty much all entertainment.

I am happy to help, but I am not a counsellor. I gave up caring about those that quit and trying to persuade them not to back during the clan days of vCoD.

If you don't want to release maps, don't bother.
What we do not have, we cannot lose.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » July 10th, 2012, 2:14 pm

pjchucky wrote: ...

everyone sucks at the beginning..
every mapper started by making that kind of map (flying platforms/poor detail etc..)
then after some practise and a lot of suggestions you will surely improve.
imo you are improving very fast, but you need to listen those people that are trying to help you.
don't quit mapping :wink:

yea my english sucks

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » July 10th, 2012, 3:02 pm

Goro92 wrote:

every mapper started by making that kind of map (flying platforms/poor detail etc..)
imo you are improving very fast, but you need to listen those people that are trying to help you.

yea my english sucks
^

Sohvax
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Sohvax » July 10th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Vartazian wrote:
Goro92 wrote:

yea my english sucks
^
True story, do you know that these maps that you make, are good for a starter? You should have seen my maps not so long ago, they were much worse than your maps right now, but i never released them !
I made so many maps like yours, really dozens of maps just to try and experiment with new ways and styles of mapping, untill eventually the basics in mapping are a piece of cake.

Then you will gain perspective in your mapping, you will get creative because you finally know how you can really work out your idea that you have in mind.
But all of that comes after practice, like you are doing now with your maps, but just don't release them.. just take them as basic practice maps before you start the real deal ...

It takes patience to make a map that people will like, but if you finally release it after working on it for so long, it will pay off double as much than it does now when you release maps like these. You want to have satisfaction when you release a map, you want people to like it, you want it to be one of the best .. but it takes time and patience, that's very important ... and if you're bored of mapping? Take a break from it, i once took a break from 6 months once while i was working on a map, then picked it up again and finished it 3 months later, it even took me 1 full week, 10 hours a day just to make the finishing touches to the eye candy of the map... (just to give you an idea how long it could take).
And then my friend ... when you release your map, you'll get much more reward and satisfaction from your maps than you do now, and i can guarantee you that it wont be boring anymore then. ;)