BETA: mp_pj_sewage

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: BETA: mp_pj_sewage

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 10th, 2012, 5:36 pm

The same thing that comes back again and again is patience and time. Apply those for your maps.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 11th, 2012, 2:33 pm

I don't have time to spend on maps, wow 10 hours a day for a week? That's quite alot of time. I normally map for about an hour, maybe two at a stretch a day. It's really impossible for me to map any longer than that unless I quit my job, which ofcourse wont be happening, lol. In theory it could take me a year to release a good map, yes it's not really that long but working on a map for a year is quite rediculous in my opinion. I got two promotions in a year last year, I mean wow. I really do apprciate your opinions and help, I want to improve but after working on a map for a few days it just gets boring, not because of the time I put into it, because I know there wont be no satisfaction at the end. I agree the name of this map sucks, low roofing, random rubble, bounces too close etc. Theres so much wrong with this map that before I released it I didn't see it. I thought, yeah this will be a map I'd like to play myself from time to time but I don't, I hate it myself now which really isn't good. Plus now after playing it 1 or 2 times after release I realize it's way too easy. Anyways, I just CBA to make a map and release it for nothing. Spending a year on a map isn't me, I can't do that. I'm not just quitting because you guys don't really like them, I quit because I don't have time. The thought of spending a year on a map just makes me feel sick TBH no offence anyone.

Anyways, not really sure what else to say, lol xD

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » July 11th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Well I thought you were leaving us...hmm. I'm not sure anyone said spend 10 hours a week, space it out. Dan was doing like less than an hour a month on his upcoming map :P Yeah if you get no satisfaction from creating a map then maybe mapping isn't a hobby for you. Yeah I can see how working on a map for a year can get a little tiring even though I'm not a mapper just leave the whole 1 map a year to Rezil :mrgreen:

Sohvax
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Sohvax » July 11th, 2012, 3:09 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:Well I thought you were leaving us...hmm. I'm not sure anyone said spend 10 hours a week, space it out. Dan was doing like less than an hour a month on his upcoming map :P Yeah if you get no satisfaction from creating a map then maybe mapping isn't a hobby for you. Yeah I can see how working on a map for a year can get a little tiring even though I'm not a mapper just leave the whole 1 map a year to Rezil :mrgreen:
I said i spent 10 hours a day +- for a whole week once, to finish the finishing touches of my map, i've started working on a new map also like 3 weeks ago, and i've spent about 3 hours into it, in the beginning :p but i'll get there someday maybe.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 11th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Sohvax wrote:
x0ozero0x wrote:Well I thought you were leaving us...hmm. I'm not sure anyone said spend 10 hours a week, space it out. Dan was doing like less than an hour a month on his upcoming map :P Yeah if you get no satisfaction from creating a map then maybe mapping isn't a hobby for you. Yeah I can see how working on a map for a year can get a little tiring even though I'm not a mapper just leave the whole 1 map a year to Rezil :mrgreen:
I said i spent 10 hours a day +- for a whole week once, to finish the finishing touches of my map, i've started working on a new map also like 3 weeks ago, and i've spent about 3 hours into it, in the beginning :p but i'll get there someday maybe.
Lol :)

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 11th, 2012, 3:30 pm

just leave the whole 1 map a year to Rezil :mrgreen:
:D

It's 1 map a year because a huge part of my day is work(8-10 hrs, plus whatever I do at home) and I like to have unique features in my maps. For example, the newest map I'm making will feature full voiceover work, custom objectives(like in SP), cutscenes, an extra texas hold'em poker table for the people who finish, randomized locations of secrets etc. All of that takes A LOT of hours of coding/mapping/debugging which is why I usually release 1 map per year.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » July 11th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Rezil wrote: the newest map I'm making will feature full voiceover work, custom objectives(like in SP), cutscenes, an extra texas hold'em poker table for the people who finish, randomized locations of secrets etc.
:shock:

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » July 11th, 2012, 3:45 pm

Goro92 wrote:
Rezil wrote: the newest map I'm making will feature full voiceover work, custom objectives(like in SP), cutscenes, an extra texas hold'em poker table for the people who finish, randomized locations of secrets etc.
:shock:

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 11th, 2012, 6:01 pm

Erm, I think we've gotten way off topic in both of my threads for some weird reason.

I know the reasons why my maps suck.
I know the ways to improve.
I know some of you don't want me on these forums.
I know I've been a little disrespectful on some posts.
I know one Administrator in perticular who doesn't want me here.

Hence, why I've quit mapping for you guys.

This doesn't mean I've quit posting on these forums, testing other peoples new maps out and stuff. It also don't mean I'm waitting for CJ to die nor quitting CJing, lol. I know my points haven't been addressed correctly, so I thought I'd correct them.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 11th, 2012, 6:17 pm

Nobody wants you gone from these forums. Just some people are fed up helping you because one moment you ask for advice, then suddenly you start shit everywhere stating that you no longer wish to map. Those people who spend their time trying to give you good advice know it's wasted time helping you.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » July 11th, 2012, 6:22 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Those people who spend their time trying to give you good advice know it's wasted time helping you.
This.
Also maybe you should just lock the topics because they are both irrelevant now.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 11th, 2012, 6:35 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Those people who spend their time trying to give you good advice know it's wasted time helping you.
This.
Also maybe you should just lock the topics because they are both irrelevant now.
I'm not sure how to lock/delete them. Also, I don't shit on peoples help and advise, I feel it's time I'm wasting. I asked why my maps suck, I didn't ask for advise but I got it anyways. As soon as my other topic was posted I started to get advise which isn't what I wanted. I just wanted the reason why my mapping sucks. Sorry if it looked like I was raging or trolling, really I wasn't trying to.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 11th, 2012, 6:44 pm

If you want to know why your map sucks, but not want any advice, then you're an idiot.

People are only trying to help - why wouldn't you want advice? Do you disagree with the advice given? Do you feel you're too good to accept advice from others? I fail to see your reasoning.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 11th, 2012, 7:01 pm

Pedsdude wrote:If you want to know why your map sucks, but not want any advice, then you're an idiot.

People are only trying to help - why wouldn't you want advice? Do you disagree with the advice given? Do you feel you're too good to accept advice from others? I fail to see your reasoning.
Thanks for the idiot remark. I wanted to know why it sucked, yes to improve but I didn't want advise on how to improve for those people who doesn't like my maps. I asked for advice in another thread, my second thread was asking what exactly are the reasons why it sucked. Not just because of the difficulty, I was asking about the textures, theme, bugs etc. You fail to see my reasoning, I fail to see why you called me an idiot.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 11th, 2012, 7:46 pm

pjchucky wrote:Thanks for the idiot remark. I wanted to know why it sucked, yes to improve but I didn't want advise on how to improve for those people who doesn't like my maps. I asked for advice in another thread, my second thread was asking what exactly are the reasons why it sucked. Not just because of the difficulty, I was asking about the textures, theme, bugs etc. You fail to see my reasoning, I fail to see why you called me an idiot.
Is this the "second thread" you're referring to? If so, "IDK, I'll leave the comments to CJ community..." seems like an open invitation for thoughts, help, advice etc., rather than specifically asking "why it sucked". If you fail to understand my first sentence, then there's clearly no hope for you.