PJ|Chucky and his map!

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: Xenon iz Dubby

Re: PJ|Chucky and his pro map! (troll)

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 1:49 pm

ohh yeah, and i personally do think my maps look as ood as canyon and the others :L:L ................... everyone i asked thinks soo too :S just saying .

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » June 18th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Xenons maps are all very good. I only put in about a month into mp_to_the_moon. It wasnt about the looks of the map. It is a floating platform map that was meant to be fun. Its not just about looks. Id dare to say that moon is the most popular map right now and it has been for a while now.. Just because something doesnt look as good as danthemans maps who spends months of time on his maps doesnt mean all new mappers can be compared to that. DAntheman is the best mapper period. You cant compare new / good loooking maps that are fun to maps that look nearly perfect. Besides, CJ isnt all about looks, as some of us like to have really hard maps, some of us like medium/ hard sttyle maps - like me, some of us like easy, but well made, good looking maps. Its all a matter of opinion and i really think its counter productive to argue about it. A new map is a new map, whatever the style, design, look, and difficulty of the map, it is up to the mapper. Not everyone has the time to put in months of work into a single map. This is not meant to be rude, im just trying to say that the decision should be the mapper's.
:P

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 2:59 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

much love

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » June 18th, 2012, 3:02 pm

popcorn time!

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 3:07 pm

D: ayayayayyaa i like popcorn .

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » June 18th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Also I think that a good formula for a good map is this:

The map design is intuitive - It is easy to see where to go next.
The map is challenging, but not overly difficult.
The map looks nice, and is fun to play because it does not look terrible.
The map provides a sense of accomplishment when beating it.
Finally, the map provides the jumper with a good fun time every time he plays it.

In my opinion, this is what defines a well built map.

8)

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 5:27 pm

and again ^^^^

Rounded up in a nut-shell <3

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 18th, 2012, 6:03 pm

Vartazian wrote:Also I think that a good formula for a good map is this:
The map design is intuitive - It is easy to see where to go next.
The map is challenging, but not overly difficult.
The map looks nice, and is fun to play because it does not look terrible.
The map provides a sense of accomplishment when beating it.
Finally, the map provides the jumper with a good fun time every time he plays it.

Correct, these are the most key points in map making.

These are what I would consider the flow of a map and my rough percent of time on each.

Code: Select all

Design - 15%, 
Prototype build - 10%
Alpha - 5%
Mapping - 45%
Beta - 10%
Final tweaks - 15%
Release.
Xenon wrote:ohh yeah, and i personally do think my maps look as ood as canyon and the others :L:L ................... everyone i asked thinks soo too :S just saying .
[/size]

Never ask the opinions of those you know, unless you are sure they will give you the answers you need to hear and not the answers you want to hear.

I look at all the map releases, but I never critique them on the open forums, because people like yourself only want praise on how good things look, but are never willing to be told what would improve it.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ««« POST YOUR COMPLETED MAPS HERE! »»»

Post by Pedsdude » June 18th, 2012, 6:17 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Gotta give him credit, Peds_Propel fucking sucks.
Cheeky c**t!
F |Madness| U wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Gotta give him credit, Peds_Propel fucking sucks.
Maybe once your an experienced jumper, but when I started out I played this map, and I'm glad I started out on it. The jumps wern't too hard but it wasn't too simple (eg. the wall climb and swinging `pendulums`), and although it's not aesthetically pleasing in the sense that it's in a proper environment, it is still aesthetically pleasing imo because the textures used are varied and fit in with each other, as well as the black/yellow lines marking where to jump from and bounce. Either way I loved playing that map as a beginner.
That was the intention, a simple map for beginners/moderate jumpers, just like peds_puzzle was for so many people on CoD1 (I did in fact consider making peds_puzzle for CoD4, but decided with a new map, mp_peds_propel, instead).

Disagree about mp_digital being one of the 'worse' maps ever :roll:

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 7:31 pm

yes, but you dont know the half of it ...... :L i do spend along time on my maps ..... and i do listen to people telling em to chnage stuff ??? im not some stuck up cunt who thinks hes amazing at mapping because im not :L:L and if you actually knew me(spoke to me on xfire all the time) then u would know that i help alot of people out in CJ and thats all i like doing ... i couldent care if some people dont like my maps or other maps because you cant please everyone :L .

This is the fucking reason everyones probably scared about releasing there maps to everyone ... dickhead giveing them shit about if there maps good or not ..... look at mp_easy_jump or mp_yo .... shitty textures easy bounces ( in my mind thats a shit map ) then you have maps like mp_windsor (which is personally one of the best looking maps) and yet it never gets called the 'best map ......... hahahahahaha see my point yet ???? all the known mappers have the soo called 'best maps' when really the best maps are by unknown mappers :/ im probably speaking for alot of people who think the same .... just too pussy to speak there minds

Don't talk about 'people like you' when you dont even know me..................

thank you<3

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 18th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Xenon wrote:Don't talk about 'people like you' when you dont even know me...
This is the internet, I will never know 'you' as much as you will never me, however, just because you do not know somebody, does NOT mean you cannot make a judgement about them.

You will be judged more in your life by the people who do not know you, than by those who do.
If your actions and comments reflect you, then so will the judgments.

8)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 18th, 2012, 8:19 pm

You are completely missing the point.

Ever thought that you can COMBINE all the important factors?

The best maps are the best/unique looking ones. There's no way around it, it's just the way it is. The platform maps may be fun to jump on, and they may be challenging. But why not just create an amazing looking map, with very hard difficulty? You don't seen to understand because you haven't been around that often. Most of us have been playing since CoD1, we know good maps when we see them.

ib_glass is also a platform map, but it's awesome. Why? Because of its unique style. It's pretty obvious that time has been put into it.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 8:44 pm

my maps are good looking ???? :L .............. ive never made a platform map and they all got 4 star rateing :S lol im not dis'ing peoples maps ???!! im sayign lots of new mappers dont get a chance on here cuz of people sayign there maps are bad and so on ......

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » June 18th, 2012, 8:55 pm

It's not always bad, it's not like they are purposely slagging the map of with something like "it's sh*t" and then not leaving a reason. A lot of the time people post their opinions/criticisms they have on a map (similar to this case) and the mapper just takes it the wrong way or doesn't like it and an argument breaks out, thus this...When they post a thread in this forum they have to be willing to expect positive and negative feedback alike.
P.S. I enjoyed polar it was difficult as well as being quite aesthetically pleasing, good job.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » June 18th, 2012, 9:31 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:It's not always bad, it's not like they are purposely slagging the map of with something like "it's sh*t" and then not leaving a reason. A lot of the time people post their opinions/criticisms they have on a map (similar to this case) and the mapper just takes it the wrong way or doesn't like it and an argument breaks out, thus this...When they post a thread in this forum they have to be willing to expect positive and negative feedback alike.
P.S. I enjoyed polar it was difficult as well as being quite aesthetically pleasing, good job.
I wanted to write something like that but my english is pretty poor :mrgreen:

and yes i liked polar and islands...hard and good looking maps :wink: