PJ|Chucky and his map!

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

PJ|Chucky and his map!

Post by Chucky. » June 12th, 2012, 4:45 am

Map name: pj_intelligence
Author: PJ|Chucky!
Download link: http://projumperz.us/wp-content/uploads ... igence.zip
Screenshot link: http://projumperz.us/wp-content/uploads ... 43923a.png
Game (& old school?): CJ - Old School (not tested in none Old School)
Description of your map: Medium to hard in some parts. 125 map mainly, though some parts needs RPG + 125 - 333, some parts also need 250 to 333 and 2323. You'll enjoy it, it's an intence map though.

S3x! Th1ng
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Re: ««« POST YOUR COMPLETED MAPS HERE! »»»

Post by S3x! Th1ng » June 12th, 2012, 8:28 am

pj_intelligence I test on my server end bad map for me :roll:

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » June 12th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Deleted due to children.
Last edited by Chucky. on June 19th, 2012, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Badeendnl » June 12th, 2012, 6:36 pm

pjchucky wrote:
S3x! Th1ng wrote:pj_intelligence I test on my server end bad map for me :roll:
What, can't you finish it? I'm not asking for your opinion and I'm damn sure not asking for your critisisum. Make your own map, this is my first map & took me 7 hours. Get lossed.
dafuuq @ releasing a map after 7 hours, I've been working on some small projects to learn mapping and that was even way more then 7 hours and didn't release them bc they looked too shit

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » June 12th, 2012, 7:00 pm

Deleted due to children.
Last edited by Chucky. on June 19th, 2012, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » June 12th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Badeendnl wrote: dafuuq @ releasing a map after 7 hours, I've been working on some small projects to learn mapping and that was even way more then 7 hours and didn't release them bc they looked too shit
+1

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 12th, 2012, 7:11 pm

pjchucky wrote:There isn't one single bug
In 7 hours of mapping, I would hope not.
Take some time when making a map, its not a matter of quantity or difficulty, its a matter of quality.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » June 12th, 2012, 11:57 pm

Drofder2004 wrote: Take some time when making a map, its not a matter of quantity or difficulty, its a matter of quality.
Also stop getting so angry you look like a knob, he just said he didn't personally enjoy it take it, move on and do better next time. Spend a little more time and effort as well.
Also I think the thread needs to cleaned :P

Sohvax
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Sohvax » June 13th, 2012, 10:17 am

pjchucky wrote:
Badeendnl wrote:
pjchucky wrote:What, can't you finish it? I'm not asking for your opinion and I'm damn sure not asking for your critisisum. Make your own map, this is my first map & took me 7 hours. Get lossed.
dafuuq @ releasing a map after 7 hours, I've been working on some small projects to learn mapping and that was even way more then 7 hours and didn't release them bc they looked too shit
I started mapping 3 days ago (seriously), then I started the map intelligence and finished it 7 hours later. Give me a break. There isn't one single bug and you probably haven't tried it lol. My next map pj_ragdoll is going to be awesome.
My maps took over 6months and sometimes 9 months before i released them .. :s, canyon took 1 year with some inactivity tho

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » June 13th, 2012, 11:15 am

It's nice that you're enthusiastic and all but I would advise you to look at some of the best maps for CoD4 out there(mp_windsor, mp_sonic, mp_portal, mp_canyon etc.) and then try to create a similar map. You have to put in more effort if you want your map to look and play well. I usually release 1 map per year give or take but that's because I strive for a different experience with every map. You cannot create a unique and interesting jump map in 7 hours. Ask any mapper and they'll tell you(or have already told you) that mapping takes time and patience.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » June 13th, 2012, 3:08 pm

Deleted due to children.
Last edited by Chucky. on June 19th, 2012, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » June 13th, 2012, 3:50 pm

pjchucky GTFO!

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » June 13th, 2012, 5:21 pm

pjchucky wrote:I rushed my first map too test, I wanted too see what people think before making anymore. I now know what they think. No offence to any of the creators but mp_windsor, mp_sonic, mp_portal & mp_canyon isn't my kind of maps. Well, in my opinion they're really bad but that's just me. I respect other peoples opinions (when I ask for it). You release a map once a year, that's bad. No offence too you and all but the staff/members of the CJ team have made some of the worse maps ever *cough* Peds_Propel *cough* Digital. I didn't rage, I simply said don't give me your opinion, fair enough I could of said it nicer, but it's a free country and that's what Forums are for. Expression of opinions and to say stuff on your mind. I will take it on board next time I have someone elses opinion but I'd also apprciate someone respecting that I'd only been learning for a day or so. It's not like I learned the ropes like you guys, 6 long ass months down the line, I finally release a map. One thing you're wrong on, it's not just about quality. It's difficulty and quantity. Both things you said shouldn't be in a CJ map are supposed to be in a CJ map. Come on, pro jumpers don't want a speed run, they want a challenge. A clan member made a map a few weeks ago called mp_epic, not one person has completed it, but that's good, it's a challenge, everyone seems to love it because it's fun and stressful at the same time. Forget easy maps, long live maps like mp_dark.

EDIT: What's the point in calling yourself a pro, if you're not willing too take that one step further.
The amount of retarded shit in this post is overwhelming.

Most of the hard maps made are absolutely terrible. Same textures, same simplistic design, poorly aligned, and worst of all, same old shitty types of bounces we've seen a hundred times. It's very frightening, and depressing, to know that there's people who prefer a map like yours to a map like mp_portal or mp_windsor. These maps take time, effort, skill and a keen mind to create, whereas these so-called "hard" maps are a hideous cluster of shit.

It is possible to make a map that is both challenging AND aesthetically pleasing, but people need to put effort into it, and stop trying to prove that they're the best jumper by making hard maps.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » June 13th, 2012, 10:21 pm

iCYsoldier wrote:
pjchucky wrote:I rushed my first map too test, I wanted too see what people think before making anymore. I now know what they think. No offence to any of the creators but mp_windsor, mp_sonic, mp_portal & mp_canyon isn't my kind of maps. Well, in my opinion they're really bad but that's just me. I respect other peoples opinions (when I ask for it). You release a map once a year, that's bad. No offence too you and all but the staff/members of the CJ team have made some of the worse maps ever *cough* Peds_Propel *cough* Digital. I didn't rage, I simply said don't give me your opinion, fair enough I could of said it nicer, but it's a free country and that's what Forums are for. Expression of opinions and to say stuff on your mind. I will take it on board next time I have someone elses opinion but I'd also apprciate someone respecting that I'd only been learning for a day or so. It's not like I learned the ropes like you guys, 6 long ass months down the line, I finally release a map. One thing you're wrong on, it's not just about quality. It's difficulty and quantity. Both things you said shouldn't be in a CJ map are supposed to be in a CJ map. Come on, pro jumpers don't want a speed run, they want a challenge. A clan member made a map a few weeks ago called mp_epic, not one person has completed it, but that's good, it's a challenge, everyone seems to love it because it's fun and stressful at the same time. Forget easy maps, long live maps like mp_dark.

EDIT: What's the point in calling yourself a pro, if you're not willing too take that one step further.
The amount of retarded shit in this post is overwhelming.

Most of the hard maps made are absolutely terrible. Same textures, same simplistic design, poorly aligned, and worst of all, same old shitty types of bounces we've seen a hundred times. It's very frightening, and depressing, to know that there's people who prefer a map like yours to a map like mp_portal or mp_windsor. These maps take time, effort, skill and a keen mind to create, whereas these so-called "hard" maps are a hideous cluster of shit.

It is possible to make a map that is both challenging AND aesthetically pleasing, but people need to put effort into it, and stop trying to prove that they're the best jumper by making hard maps.
THIS what iCY said. Not sure if that ridiculous post was intentionally trolling or what.
-

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 13th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Gotta give him credit, Peds_Propel fucking sucks.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol